Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
¡Pío Peep!: Traditional Spanish Nursery Rhymes (Spanish Edition) (Spanish) Hardcover – March 18, 2003
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From School Library Journal
Copyright 2003 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved
Top Customer Reviews
My daughter's spanish teacher recommended this book as a children poem's book and it has become a favorite in my family.
I used to know all these fun rhymes growing up but now, as an adult, I have forgotten most of them. I was SO pleased to find this book so I can pass on the tradition and read them to my 18month old son. And by the way, he loves most of the rhymes already!
Every single page has great colorful ilustrations!
What I absolutely LOVE is that the English version is NOT a translation but a poetic re-creation. As they explain in the book, this is in order to preserve the charm of the original rhymes. (brilliant idea!)
These are the rhymes you will find in the book:
- Pito, Pito colorito. / Good morning early bird.
- A la rueda rueda. / Bread and Cinnamon.
- Cinco pollitos. / Five little chicks.
- Caracol, caracol. / To a Snail.
- Cinco Lobitos./ Five Little Wolf Pups.
- Almendras y turrón. / Almonds and Chestnuts.
- Tortillitas para mamá. / Tortillitas for Mommy
- Aquí puso la pajarita el huevo. / Here the Bird Laid the Egg.
- Aserrín, asserán. / See-Saw, see-saw.
- De colores. / Many Colors
- El patio de mi casa. / In My Backyard
- La hormiguita. / The Little Ant
- Caballito blanco. / Little White Pony
- Arroz con Leche./ Rice Pudding
- Los elefantes./ The Elephants
- El barquito. / The Little Boat
- Tengo una muñeca. / Mi Little Doll.
- A la víbora del mar. / Sea Serpent.
- La piñata. / The Piñata.
- Teresa, la marquesa./ Teresa the Marquesa.
- Cucú. / Ribbitt.
- El sol es de oro. / The sun's a Gold Medallion.
- Angelitos descalzos. / Barefoot Angels
- A dormir va la rosa. / Now Softly the Roses.
- Pajarito que cantas. / Little Bird Singing.
- Los pollitos dicen. / Wide-awake Chicks.
- Duérmete mi niña. / Sleep now, my baby.
- El gato de trapo. / Raggedy Cat.
- Un ratoncito. / A Sleepy Mouse.
Would recommend for anyone who's trying to raise a bilingual kid!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Was a gift for the parents of one of our NICU babies. They were delightedPublished 1 month ago by lullinthestorm
Spanish and English comparable, but not literal translation. My husband can read the English and I read the Spanish.Published 2 months ago by ksmgrace
Very nicely done. Classic Spanish rhymes, with English translations that aren't literal but do well in approximating the feel and meaning of the original. Good illustrations.Published 4 months ago by Beverly Bennett
This book is fantastic. it is bilingual and my 4-year old loves it when i read it to her in both languages.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer