Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 73 questions
votes
Yes, put the sd card into the card reader and plug it in to one of your computers usb. On the top right side of the screen you will see the event, normal and all. Above those are the folder and settings icons. Click on the settings and you will be able to select what you like and what you don't like to be on your screen.
Feb 27, 2014 by Agron P.
votes
It has just one camera that I use in my windshield of our RV motor home. There are other camera setups with multiple cameras, but the are obviously more expensive. This one is simple and easy to use. Set and forget.
Feb 8, 2014 by Patrick A. Patterson
votes
The GPS feature cannot be turned off, but you can use other media players like QuickTime and VLC to playback the driving video without showing the location data. The recorded video file format is standard MP4.
Sep 26, 2013 by Timetec Inc
votes
No and dont bother calling the police (in america, that is) if you do record bad driving. Video evidence is just one part of the equation to a successful prosecution. You also need to identify the driver and YOU have to testify in court to what you saw. Just going to the cops with a video will get you nothing so dont waste your time or theirs. However, if something happens, like a collision, then that would be extremely helpful in determining fault and possibly a citation. Are you saying "well, thats just crap!"? Now, lets turn the tables. Lets say you record someone cutting you off but the recorder is saying you were going 10mph over the speed limit. If the person that cut you off deserves a ticket via video, then so do you! Is it worth it?
Feb 27, 2014 by curyfury
votes
No, I think you have to keep it plugged in. I always unplug it when I leave the car. Kind of annoying
Feb 28, 2014 by offroad
votes
Yes and No. I have not experienced this (luckily), but have given it some thought. Where mine is mounted on the windshield, it has a ball pivot for adjustment. With this, you can actually just reach up and give a 90 degree twist and it will catch what you want it to. The problem with this though is most police will ask you to turn off your car and ignition, so unless you keep a secondary hot switch to feed it power with the key off, recording will stop. I don't think you would want to hard wire it into power not shut off by the ignition key, otherwise you could potentially have a dead battery after prolonged (overnight?) parking. I'm not sure of the power amp/draw and how that effects things, just my thoughts.
Dec 4, 2013 by J. Rogers
votes
keep in mind that this is 1080p HD camera, so in my opinion, the quality at night time (in almost total darkness, the only lights are from my vehicle headlights) is VERY GOOD. You can see everything and anything clearly in the recording.
Apr 15, 2014 by USMC-Vet
votes
Hi Smith, Thank you for contacting Timetec. Yes, if you leave the power plugged into the cigarette charger, when you start the car, the camera will start recording automatically. Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions. thank you, Andy support@timetecinc.com
Jul 15, 2013 by Timetec Inc
votes
I have not had this camera long enough to know how temperature resistant this camera is to warmer temperature. I live in the US, and right now it is winter. I can say in temperatures that are just below freezing sometimes the camera thinks it loses it's GPS signal. Shortly after that it read or write to the SD card. It then shouts at you because it loses it's sound volume settings saying the GPS signal is gone and it has SD card errors. I usually just wait a few minutes for the car to warm up before plugging it into power. Other than that I do not have any temperature problems. Or any other problems for that matter. Just below freezing temperatures. But once you get used to the camera it's not really a problem.
Jan 19, 2014 by mike d (that's me!)
votes
Easy !! Just unplug and unscrew it. Less than 5 minutes. I put it in every morning and take it out every day I am done for the day. I would definitely take it out. No use in having your windows broken or door lock messed up just so they can steal it.
Sep 21, 2013 by phil
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers