Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL

on June 8, 2008
Great product! This kit is one of the best of its kind for carrying liquids and gels I've found and I've tried several. You can fit a lot in a small space because the tubes can be staggered (one pointed up and another pointed down) when packing them in a toiletry bag. Although lightweight and easy to handle and use, the tubes and sprayer are all tough, leakproof, and can take a lot of punishment protecting both their contents and the inside of your travel bag.

Personally, I haven't found filling the tubes at all difficult. The included `Receiver Caps' (for the empty tube you are filling) and the variety of sizes of `Dispensing Nozzles' (to screw onto full bottles you are filling from) make it a snap to transfer contents from one container to another. Just expel the air and hold the tube folded in half and release it as it fills with the cream or gel. Unscrew the Receiver Cap, replace it with the regular cap, and you're good to go! I only had to use the included syringe for a couple of products: one that came in a very large bottle, and another that came with an oddly shaped closure that I had to cut off to keep open. With a little practice, it is easy to get the hang of it.

I keep two identical sets of containers: one set in quart bags ready for travel, and the others in bathroom cabinets for regular home use. When I empty a container, I refill it with fresh product and swap it with a full container in the travel kit. That way all containers are filled with fresh cream or gel and there is never a need to prepare a kit for travel. It is always ready!
on September 26, 2007
Great product. Has a ton of pieces, with terrific instructions to go along with them. The bottles take a little practice to fill, but well worth the effort. Unlike small bottles the tubes are easy to use, since you can squeeze every last drop out of them. Plus they save a ton of space in your travel bag.

My travel kit arrived in just a matter of days, and was well packed.
on January 6, 2011
I purchased this product 3 months ago b/c I was tired of my shampoo, conditioner, and face wash bottles leaking in my gym bag. Here are the pros and cons in my opinion (in order of importance):

1) Absolutely, 100% leak proof.
2) Ample sizes and number of containers.
3) Easy and quick to dispense liquids once in the travel containers b/c they are all squeezable (as opposed to rigid plastic).
4) Durable - since there are no plastic hinges on the bottles tops (everything screws on), they seem more durable than other squeeze bottles I've had where the plastic hinges break (and thus the top is loose and so they leak)

1) Messy refills. The video (referenced below in CON #2) makes it look effortless and completely mess-free. However.... there are 2 main reasons why my experience differed from this example:
a) My Loreal bottles of shampoo and conditioner don't lend themselves to having a transfer cap screwed on to them. I fully admit, this is probably something I should have realized/investigated before I bought the product. So I squeeze my product into another travel bottle (the infamous leaky ones that I used previously) and then put a transfer cap on those. So, more effort and more mess.
b) Thicker, creamier, more viscous liquids aren't nearly as easy to transfer as watery liquids. My extra conditing products don't instantly transfer like the ketchup does in the instructional video. Not a huge deal, but just be aware.
2) Instructions are severly lacking. I am a financial analyst and had serious problems understanding what pieces were what (note: pieces are not labeled, but referred to by name in the instructions) and the logistical details of the process in general. Go to the link in the instructions to watch the video. If you can't view the video, try a different internet browser (Mozilla didn't work for me, Google Chrome did). The video clears everything up, so I can't be too disappointed with the written instructions.
3) Hard to clean out the bottles. Because of the very small hole which makes dispensing the liquid easy (see PRO #3), it's almost impossible to fully clean out these bottles if you want to put something else in them. This isn't a huge deal b/c you have a lot of bottles in this set and you will always need bottles for certain products like shampoo & conditioner, face wash, lotion, etc. This is something to keep in mind if you are switching brands of your products, though.

I know I elaborated a lot more on the Cons than the Pros, but I still rated the product 4 stars b/c it served the main purpose for which I purchased it -- no leaky bottles in my gym bag.
on November 30, 2008
This combo of travel containers worked wonderfully for my European travel. I was able to take everything I needed with me in "legal" sizes for a 3 week stint. Highly recommend it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2009
I travel often but purchased this specifically for a long trip abroad. I wasn't sure if hotels would stock shampoo and lotion like they do in the US. Getting the products into the tubes wasn't easy but also not as difficult as some reviewers suggested. A brief read of the instructions and a little time to get things together was all it took. I have twice as many containers as I need for lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and various hair products.

I am not sure I would recommend it for travel where you know what's offered. If you like only one shampoo or have a favorite hair gel, this will be perfect. If your like me and have learned to live with what is provided, this is an extravagence. For camping, travel abroad, hostel stays etc. this is well worth the small investment in time and money.

By the way, I really like the durability of the plastic bags included in the kit. I use them instead of the regular ziploc and haven't replaced one after more than ten trips.
on June 13, 2010
I purchased this hoping to streamline packing toiletries for a 2 wk international trip. There's nothing I can recommend about it....the directions are confusing, packaging and quality is cheap, no matter how small I made the cut on the plastic tips they were too big to transfer product into a tube (I think you have to have 3 hands!), and once I got product into a tube I couldn't get it out, and there's no way to clean it's now all in the trash. I would highly recommend goob tubes...simpler, easy to clean design.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2010
Normally I just buy whatever miscellaneous liquids I need at my destination city rather than messing with airport security, but a recent trip that involves 4 cities in 5 days forced me to find an alternative. I purchased the Flybags kit from Amazon and while the bag itself was of reasonable quality, the bottles were absolutely worthless so I sought out this as an alternative.

This kit is very well apportioned. You get a good bundle of bottles, all the necessary adapters (to fit your existing bottles or tubes), and a syringe if you need to pull contents out of a bottle that doesn't have a threaded cap top. The best part about these bottles is you know they're not going to leak -- you can squeeze these bottles with the cap fastened and there is no way they're going to shoot open. There is also an included instruction sheet, an envelope containing labels so you can put size and contents labels on all the bottles, and a handful of 1qt zip lock bags if you want to go that route.

Would it be easier just buying travel size bottles of product at the store? Sure. Unfortunately the product selection is dismal at local stores in the travel size container, so unless you like candy apple hair gel (I really don't, being an adult male) you're going to be stuck looking for other options. With this kit I was able to use my home products and build a travel kit with everything I needed in about 10 minutes.
on September 5, 2012
I bought this kit several years ago, and I have used these bottles for multiple trips. I have recommended it to family and friends and those to whom I have given it as a gift have been very happy with the kit.
I did not find the instructions difficult to follow, but filling up these bottles can be time consuming. I have used the bottles for shampoo, conditioner, soap, contact solution, and moisturizer. Unfortunately, most of the bottles that I use do not have a screw top, so I had to use the accompanying syringe. I had no problem using that or getting the product into the squeeze bottle, but, as I said, it was time consuming. Since I don't tend to switch products, I just had a designated a bottle for shampoo, conditioner, etc. and rinse them out in between uses.

The accompanying plastic bag is durable and also holds up for multiple uses. I've been able to jam the majority of the bottles in there along with some other travel-sized ones. Because the bag is made of a durable material I don't have to worry about it tearing or bursting. I've never had anything leak on me (not even the bottle containing the contact solution). I've even had airport security officers compliment me on this product!

I do agree with other reviewers, however, who said that products like moisturizer are difficult to get into the bottles and almost impossible to clean. For things like facial moisturizer I've bought small round containers and that has worked out fine.

This is not a perfect product, but I have been very happy with it and I will continue using it and recommending it to others. I should also point out that I've ordered from this seller on Amazon and from the official website, and the items always ship very fast.
on March 4, 2010
I ordered this set after reading about it on [...] (in efforts to become a lighter/carry-on traveler). The kit arrived last night and I decided to fill it up with my products and get it "ready to go" for future trips. The bottles were very easy to fill with detailed instructions and a great assortment of attachments that came with the kit. Not messy at all, and the labels are also great to keep track of the contents.

The ziploc bags that come with the kit are very sturdy and for some reason they seem bigger, like they hold more stuff than the quart-sized ones I've previously purchased at the grocery store (maybe it is the shape?). The bag holds my shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, face wash, exfoliant, moisturizer, toothpaste, leave-in conditioner (used the spray bottle), and a little eye cream I have that came in it's own travel sized jar. I am very picky about my products so I don't typically use anything provided in hotels. I'm very glad that this holds everything I need! There are also a few bottles left over (and you can purchase extra bottles on the Easy Traveler website). So with the attachments and extra bags that came with the original kit, I'll be able to make a 2nd kit for my fiance as well.

I will be trying this out for the first time later this month, on a week-long trip to visit my family on the east coast. I am also looking forward to having this on our 2-1/2 week honeymoon to Europe this summer as we aspire to take carry-on luggage only! Oh and one nice touch - the owner of the company includes a hand-signed letter in the shipment thanking you for the purchase and advising to contact them if we have any questions or concerns. You don't see that too often - I can tell they are all about customer service!
on July 4, 2010
I travel frequently, and in the past, I almost always took a check-in bag, so I didn't worry too much about the new rules for liquids and gels. However, since airlines have started charging for check-in bags, I thought I should make more of an effort to fit everything into a carry-on, and this looked like it would expedite that process. In fact, attempting to transfer shampoo, conditioner, face wash, and hand lotion into the squeeze tubes is a sisyphean, kafkaesque task, thanks to the tiny holes through you are expected miraculously to fill up the tubes. Half my shampoo and conditioner ended up going down the drain of my sink, and my hands ended up completely covered in various lotions. Previous reviewers have mentioned that the instructions for filling the tubes are confusing; I received no instructions whatsoever, just a link to a product website which has a video on it that I am unable to view on a Mac. The idea that I should need a syringe to get shampoo into my carry-on bag is laughable, though. I want a refund.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse