4.0 out of 5 stars Fun
I don't write reviews but I figured I would write on this because of the mixed reviews.

Published on August 31, 2011 by Audiovortex

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Barrell if you have a 58mm
Published on September 26, 2006 by Brad S. Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, August 31, 2011
This review is from: 0.42X FISHEYE LENS W/ MACRO FOR CANON EOS DIGITAL REBEL [Camera] (Camera)

I have a Canon T2i (550D) and bought this lens adapter just for fun. The box contains one fisheye/wide lens with case and caps, 2 adapter rings, and instructions. This product is supposed to be screwed onto the front of your existing lens, not to replace it. I used the 58 mm adapter ring to fit the fisheye lens to the front of my 18-55 kit lens. yay have fun with fisheye/wide angle! awesome for video.

Here is where to find the macro lens. So the fisheye lens is attached to your lens but the fisheye lens itself unscrews into 2 parts. The main part of the fisheye lens actually unscrews from the ring that is screwed into the adapter ring. That is the Macro lens. use manual focus and get close.

The second adapter ring lets me put this fisheye lens on my 50mm 1.8 or any lens with the same diameter. It looked like crap to me so i keep it on my sigma 28-70 2.8 and make up for my 1.7 crop sensor.

To me this is TOTALLY worth it because i can be creative and have fun without having to buy an expensive lens. I hope this helps someone

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay, even more, May 15, 2007
The lens really is a pair of two lenses. Assembled both, become a semi-fisheye/wide lens what, has that circular border (as in a common door fisheye) that gives the photo some interesting effect. Also, you can have wide angle photos just changing the focal length.

The second part is a real cheap macro lens that can be detached. It has some interesting features and you can get decent pictures with almost no distance at all (though, you need some light). There's a small distortion, but it can be handled easy.

It comes with a couple of adapter rings (52mm and 58mm) for different cameras. I used it with a Canon Digital Rebel XT and it really gives you the idea of a wide angle lens. It may not be as some professional lenses, but the desired effect is enough.

Above all that, it's insanely cheap for a wide/macro lens. And that's a good combo for less than 40 bucks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Barrell if you have a 58mm, September 26, 2006
I have a canon GL2 and wanted a wide angle or fisheye. I have no real complaints about the quality of this lens, but do have a big warning. If you buy this for a 58mm camera, it comes with step up rings for you to get up to the 58mm but this creates a black barrell on the outside when you want the big wide angle shot. Though this can be a cool effect, it is probably not want you want. So be warned before buying, and get a different lens that is a true 58mm if you want to get an uncluttered fisheye effect. For the macro however since you are usually filming something way close, it isn't a problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to do, November 25, 2007
RonAnnArbor (Ann Arbor, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This lens does what it is supposed to do - but just that. It feels flimsy, and in all honesty, I felt somewhat like I was putting a walmart sticker on a Tiffany bag when using this lens on my 30D. I decided to go with a dedicated canon fisheye lens instead. You will NOT be disappointed by the shots that you get with the lens - the fisheye effect is strong and the shots clear. You might be disappointed by the quality of the lens itself.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but expected a little more, July 3, 2008
I purchased this lens about 1 month ago and I'm generally pleased with it. I have a Canon Rebel XTi with a kit IS 18mm-55mm standard lens. In a nutshell, here's what I think.

The pros:
- low price
- lightweight
- sharp image
- includes lens bag
- creates interesting effects
- creates great macro shots

The cons:
- Compatibility with Canon 18mm-55mm IS lens. Requires 2 "step down" rings to mate the lenses together. As a result, this produces a porthole effect (which might be what you're looking for)
- step down or up rings are NOT included with this lens
- lens caps do not fit snug and always fall off. They're pretty useless.
- edge detail falls off considerably (blurry) with blue edges forming on high contrasting objects.

The verdict:
To achieve the desired effect (fisheye warped / wide angle shots with sharp detail on the extreme edges), this lens does not do that so I'll be looking around for a true Canon / other band fisheye lens.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and Effective, August 21, 2006
Although a fixed-focus add-on wide-angle lens will never provide the flexibility and optical quality of a camera manufacturer's own product, this is a very inexpensive, instant, useful way to extend your camera's capability. I've found this lens very useful for large group portraits and wide angle nature and garden shots.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT FIT CANON REBEL!!, December 27, 2009
This totally DOES NOT fit a Canon Rebel T1i. I should have read ALL of the reviews before adding this to my wish list. Now I have to figure out how to return it....

1.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT FIT A CANON XTI!!!, January 16, 2010
misskittykat13 (Halloweentown, OR) - See all my reviews
This may be a good lens, however I wouldnt know since it does not fit a canon kit lens or 50mm lens as stated IN THE TITLE!! It is very misleading that it specifically says it will fits canons. Buyers BEWARE. Amazon would not let me return this gift since it was purchased from a seller. Very unhappy. It wasnt even the one pictured, as the lens I recieved was a brassy color, not black like the pic. I cant belive that a seller would mislead customers like that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Lens!, October 24, 2011
I was leery about buying this after I read some negative reviews, but I'm a professional photographer and have been wanting a fisheye lens for a while, but was worried that I wouldn't actually like the "fisheye" effect and I didn't want to spend several hundred dollars on a Canon Fisheye Lens before I knew for sure.
For this price, I figured even if it didn't work it'd be worth a shot. I just recieved my lens today and I'm incredibly impressed. Both the construction of the lens (it's heavy and has metal components) and quality of the images the lens captures are very impressive. Before you buy this, you need to realize that it is not a lens that will fit directly on your camera--it attaches to lenses you already have. I put it on my 50mm 1.2 and my 18-55mm. The fisheye effect is most prominent when zoomed out a bit, but the quality of this lens is GREAT and I'd say if you're wanting to try a fisheye, before you drop several hundred dollars, you might want to try this lens--you will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Your crazy if you don't spend $31, May 6, 2011
So first of all i have a Canon Rebel XS with the Stock 18-55mm lens. I wanted a fish eye and they are all crazy exspencive. My buddy also said i will use it like 6 times and never use it again. So i'm like alright, i ordered this on Tuesday, used the $5 shipping and it is here today (friday).

I have no idea how people cant get this to work. It screws onto the front of your lens..... you don't even need an adapter if your using what i have. When i took it out of the box it was set up for 58mm which is the size of a stock lens.

Lets hit on the quality issue... Its solid as crap! its got some weight to it yes, but nothing like what was said on the 1 star reviews. The only thing i can think of would be the ring on the front of the fish eye, it wobbles, and its there so you can screw a hood or a uv filter on the front of it.

What surprised me was its made by polariod. It doesn't say that in the description but it sure is.

Over all would i recommend this, yep! your crazy to spend $500 on a lens you may or may not use a lot. I take pictures of slammed cars, this will be fun. Oh and if you read all the reviews like i do, this DID NOT ruin my Christmas! :-D