From the Inside Flap
If you or someone you love has wheat allergies, gluten intolerance, or celiac disease, then you know how hard it is to prepare tasty, worry-free meals. From breads and pastas to cakes and pies, many favorite foods typically contain wheat, the most common source of glutennot to mention the many prepared and packaged foods (from dressings to seasonings) that may also contain gluten. Now, gluten-free cooking authority Carol Fenster has written the biggest, most comprehensive gluten-free cookbook evera resource you'll turn to again and again for recipes, inspiration, and advice.
Carol discovered that she was gluten intolerant two decades ago, and she has spent the time since developing gluten-free mealtime strategies and helping others make the transition to a gluten-free lifestyle. Carol has perfected the art of baking without wheat flour and learned to create delicious muffins, cakes, pies, and even yeast bread using sorghum flour, potato starch, and other safe ingredients. In 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes, she shares her secrets and recipes for every meal. Many of the recipes are also vegetarian or quick-to-make and are highlighted with or symbols. Additionally, if you avoid dairy, Carol suggests ways to make the recipes with safe substitutes.
If you cook gluten-free meals, this cookbook is sure to become an indispensable kitchen companion. You'll discover recipes for every meal of the day and every occasion, from favorite foods you thought you would never be able to eat again to foods kids will love and elegant dishes for entertaining. Throughout the book, you'll find a wealth of detailed, practical advice on staples of the gluten-free kitchen, including tips on reliable brand-name products. Here is everything you need to discover just how easy and tasty it can be to live gluten free!
With 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes, you get:
- Bountiful Breakfasts: Sour CreamRaisin Pancakes, Granola, Cheese Blintzes, Egg Crepes with Brie and Almonds
- Marvelous Breads and Muffins: Cinnamon-Apple Muffins, Buttermilk Biscuits, White Sandwich Yeast Bread, Pepperoni Cheese Pizza
- Satisfying Appetizers, Salads, Soups, and Sandwiches: Roasted Wild Mushroom Tart, Panzanella, French Onion Soup, Muffaletta Sandwiches, Chicken Fajitas
- Tasty Pastas, Grains, and Beans: Macaroni and Cheese, Lasagna, Pad Thai, Quinoa Tabbouleh, Spicy Black Beans
- Delicious Main Courses: Meat Loaf, Shrimp Creole, Fried Chicken, Mini Beef Wellingtons, Pork Schnitzel, Moussaka
- Irresistible Desserts: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, Old-Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake, Tiramisu Cupcakes, Chocolate Pecan Tart, Cherry Pie
Whether you're new to gluten-free cooking or you've been living gluten-free for decades, this all-inclusive cookbook is just what you need to satisfy your craving for "forbidden" foods and baked goodsand put deliciously varied, crowd-pleasing meals on the table for years to come.
From the Back Cover
1,000 gluten-free Recipes
It's Like Getting 5 Cookbooks in 1!
- 172 Breakfast Dishes, Muffins, and Breads
- 75 Sandwiches, Salads, and Soups 106 Pasta, Grain, Bean, and Vegetable Dishes
- 205 Main Courses 377 Cookies, Cakes, Pies, and Other Desserts
- And Much More!
Go gluten-free with ease! For the best all-purpose gluten-free cookbook, look no further. Inside, you'll find delicious gluten-free versions of foods you crave including muffins, breads, pizzas, pastas, casseroles, cookies, bars, cakes, and pies. You'll also discover hundreds of recipes for all-American favorites, flavorful international dishes, and sophisticated special-occasion fare. It's everything you need to serve satisfying gluten-free meals 365 days a year!
Praise for 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes
"This book has great recipes with a fresh healthy flair. Everyone should have this cookbook. I know mine will get tattered from use."
Cynthia Kupper, R.D., Executive Director, Gluten Intolerance Group of North America
"Carol Fenster has combined simple, naturally gluten-free recipes along with those specially created for people with celiac disease. This is a comprehensive soup-to-nuts guide that any cook will use again and again."
Andrea Levario, J.D., Executive Director, American Celiac Disease Alliance
"The encyclopedia of gluten-free recipes has now arrived! What a wonderful assortment of healthy meals that even a gluten-free novice can tackle."
Cynthia S. Rudert, M.D., Advisor for the Celiac Disease Foundation and the Gluten Intolerance Group of North America