'This is a gem of a cookbook. Not only is it loaded with healthy recipes, everything I've made from pizza to salad dressing has been a show stopper, and I’m not embellishing.' (Diet Diva, Healthline, November 2012)
From the Inside Flap
Here's the perfect cookbook for a lifetime of nutritious and delicious low-calorie meals! In 1,000 Low-Calorie Recipes, registered dietitian and cookbook author Jackie Newgent offers a huge variety of high-flavor, healthful recipes that are sure to please you and your family and friends. Covering every meal of the day and snacks, too, this unparalleled low-calorie recipe collection will provide you with the information and inspiration you need for eating balanced meals, but also for satisfying every craving without packing on the poundseven if you want pizza or a fudge brownie.
Inside, you'll find everything from fun finger foods to hearty main dishes to mouthwatering desserts so tasty and filling that you won't realize you're eating right. Every single one of them tallies fewer than 500 calories per serving. . . most are fewer than 300. These recipes are simple to make and designed to take all of the guesswork out of portion sizing and calorie counting. You'll also find complete nutrition information for every recipe and full menus that help you stick to a nutrient-rich eating plan, naturally.
1,000 Low-Calorie Recipes proves that a low-calorie diet can be tempting and energizing. No artificial ingredients or unsatisfying substitutes here! What's more, it includes plenty of your favorite comfort foodsall adjusted with smart swaps to lower the calories without sacrificing flavorso that you'll never run out of satisfying options. Plus, you'll find hundreds of creative, smart, innovative ways to make the most of every meal. Whether you're actively dieting (on any plan) or simply maintaining a healthful lifestyle, this is your go-to resource.
Here's a taste of 1,000 Low-Calorie Recipes:
- BREAKFASTS AND BRUNCHES: Sweet Cherry-Almond Oatmeal, Raspberry-Laced Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancakes, Ham and Cheese Crepes, Scrambled Huevos Rancheros with Fresh Salsa, Fresh Herb Hash Browns
- SMALL PLATES, FINGER FOODS, AND SNACKS: Thai-Inspired Chicken Satay, Goat Cheese Medallions with Caramelized Onions, Homemade Pretzel Puffs, "Swedish" Meatballs, Grilled Fig Guacamole, Fresh SpinachTruffle Dip Canapes
- SALADS: Dijon Fingerling Potato Salad, Heirloom Tomato Salad, Beet and Fuji Apple Coleslaw, Avocado and White Bean Salad, Rotisserie Chicken Cobb Salad, Orange Basmati Salad with Almonds
- SOUPS, STEWS, AND CHILIS: Pineapple-Cucumber Chilled Soup, Cajun Veggie Gumbo, Leek and Yukon Gold Potato Chowder, Irish Beef Stew, Five-Spice Turkey Chili
- MAIN DISHES: Vegetable Souvlaki, Penne alla Vodka, Coq au Vin Cabernet, Chicken Chimichurri, Beef Brisket with Squash, Sea Salt and Pepper Scallops, Shrimp Pad Thai Noodles, Grilled Tuna with Fruit Salsa
- SANDWICHES, BURGERS, AND PIZZAS: Smoked Gouda-Artichoke Club Sandwich, Eggplant Parmesan Sliders, Philly-Inspired Cheesesteak, Grilled Veggie Burgers, Turkey Tacos Monterey, Hawaiian Luau Pizza, Barbecued Chicken Pizza
- SIDES: Baked Artichoke Gratin, "Stir-fried" Brussels Sprouts, Spicy Skinny Fries, Spanish Goat Cheese Couscous, Pomegranate and Citrus Quinoa Pilaf, Cuban Beans with Lime, Fresh Rosemary Focaccia
- DESSERTS, QUICK BREADS, AND MUFFINS: Blackberry Mousse Almond Crumb Cake, Zesty Lemon Bars, Mississippi Mud Pie Parfait, Apple Streusel Mini-Muffins, Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Plus drinks, smoothies, and calorie-friendly cocktails!