5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and Hilarious - plus a little scary
Published on March 25, 2010 by Ms. Parrothead

This book is fun to read and has some amazing facts in it. Unfortunately the author felt the need to try and be a comedian on every fact. The majority of the time his little personal addition was stupid and a complete waste of time and ink. The book would have been much more enjoyable with out it.
Published on September 12, 2012 by S. Winn

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and Hilarious - plus a little scary, March 25, 2010
This review is from: 1,001 Facts that Will Scare the S#*t Out of You: The Ultimate Bathroom Reader (Paperback)
I've been an avid reader of Cary's McNeal's "List of the Day" blog for a while now. As soon as I saw this book on LOTD, I quickly ordered my own copy. This book is hilarious - yet informative. Cary has a witty one-liner (or two) about each fact, and I can't tell you how many times I laughed out loud while reading. As a librarian, I appreciate how Cary listed the source for each fact, so the reader, if so inclined, could do additional research if he/she so desired. There are chapters such as food, bugs, and one of my favs, "weirdest of the weird." I'm very pleased with this book, and although I don't keep it in the bathroom, it has earned a place on my nightstand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, April 6, 2010
Lea-Anne Jackson (Atlanta, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
A friend recommended that I buy this book. I checked out McNeal's blog before ordering the book. I immediately noticed the man is not right in the head, which is something I really respect in a writer. Now I own the book and will probably buy copies for my sick friends. It's worth the price. Even better than I anticipated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty Twisted Trivia (say that three times fast!), April 18, 2010
Sure to make you laugh, this unique trivia book contains 1,001 scary, odd, revolting, and bizarre documented facts about the world. Along with each fact is a tidbit of humorous commentary from the author, Cary McNeal.

McNeal's witty wisecracks will keep you chortling, snickering, and snorting to the very end of the book. His clever use of sarcasm, puns, put-downs, hyperbole, word play, extended gags, and outright silliness will entertain and amuse you.

Those who are already fans of McNeal's writing won't be disappointed. Those unfamiliar with his caustic wit should visit his blog, List Of The Day, for further amusement.

2.0 out of 5 stars 1,001 Facts that Will Scare the S#*t Out of You: The Ultimate Bathroom Reader, September 12, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars I never read this hilarious stuff before..., February 15, 2012
I got a copy of this book as I saw it appear when I bought this other entertaining book: 1000 1/2 Random Facts 'Cause I Was Too Lazy to Write 1001 I never read these scary facts before, so I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a spontanious laugh... Just be sure to sit down when reading, or you may get hurt ;-) A big thumbs up my friend! LOL!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but can't recommend, January 10, 2013
I found the author's attempt to make a joke out of every one of the "facts" to be tiring and usually not funny. I would have preferred just describing the scary facts and not try to me funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish it was for me!, December 9, 2010
I ordered this as a gift for my impossible-to-buy-for brother, and it came last night. I looked through it, and I really wish I'd bought one for myself! The facts are really off the wall, and the humorous portions are funnier than you would expect. Can't wait to borrow it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun facts, and REFERENCES!, November 27, 2010
This book has some fun facts, and it is one of the few I've seen that actually cites it's references right under each fact. That is pretty refreshing. The Kindle format is a little hard to get used to at first, it takes a couple of pages, but once you get in the flow of it, most people will like that the references are also listed under each fact.

2.0 out of 5 stars !001 Facts that are Interesting.. 700 Jokes that Sucked., August 23, 2012
paul (carlsbad, ca, United States) - See all my reviews
The Author added some awful jokes after some of the facts... some that actually get confused for 'real facts' no idea why jokes had to be added after each fact... especially jokes written by a moron. -- Some of the facts are not genuine..
The Author makes fun of people with illnesses, deaths, and even countries...
some were just distasteful.
Some of the 'Stolen' facts were Interesting, what the author had to say wasn't

1.0 out of 5 stars it was fine not sure about the credibility though, April 17, 2011
I come from a GCC country and I can assure you that most of the "facts" about my region was wrong which made me question the credibility of other facts. I would not recommend it to anyone.

1,001 Facts that Will Scare the S#*t Out of You: The Ultimate Bathroom Reader