5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch For Training
Published on April 4, 2011 by MaxD

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead after a few days.
Published on June 3, 2011 by moodle

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead after a few days., June 3, 2011
This review is from: MIO 0042USBLK Energy Pro Heart Rate Watch (Sports)
I spent a lot of time researching hrm watches and finally decided on a Mio Energy Pro after reading good reviews and finding the price tag decent for this kind of product. Should've known better from other poor Mio product reviews - it died after only a few days use. During the time I was able to use it, I found it was fairly decent at reading my heart rate; it had the normal fluctuation you'd expect from a wrist-based hrm (I did not want a chest strap, used the touch method). It has a lot of neat features, but the fact it died so quickly after receiving it made all the money I spent on it completely wasted. Will not be purchasing this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch For Training, April 4, 2011
This review is from: MIO 0042USBLK Energy Pro Heart Rate Watch (Sports)
My husband decided he would run a 10K charity run this summer and wanted to make sure his workouts were very effective so I bought him for his b-day the Energy Pro. He uses it with and without the chest strap and has really embraced the information it provides. I find that he's motivated to run more often and he never forgets to have it on for a run. Knowing what percentage of your max heart rate you're working at is great and he says calorie burn is like a video game score. Great fitness tool so far!

4.0 out of 5 stars Continuous or On-Demand heart rate = awesome!, February 15, 2011
This review is from: MIO 0042USBLK Energy Pro Heart Rate Watch (Sports)
So, now that Mio has delivered the Energy Pro, I was able to choose to wear the chest strap and get my continuous heart rate or I can still just wear my watch and very easily get it on-demand. The watch is accurate, comfortable and I basically never take it off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mio energy pro, April 15, 2013
This review is from: MIO 0042USBLK Energy Pro Heart Rate Watch (Sports)
Quit after three months. Replaced battery and still did not work. Read warranty an found it was void if opened. If you send without opening, warranty says expect 6weeks and pay $12.00 for s&h then hope not abused. Try another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value, June 28, 2013
This review is from: MIO 0042USBLK Energy Pro Heart Rate Watch (Sports)
I had one of these watches bought for me in December, 2012. It has been a great product. Perfect for my use at the gym or on the street. Easy to use and very accurate. Works well in sweaty environs as well! Just bought this one for my wife. It was about 40% less than my local sporting goods store. Fast shipping, great price. New product in box.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review of Mio Energy Pro Heart Rate Monitor, October 31, 2012
This review is from: MIO 0042USBLK Energy Pro Heart Rate Watch (Sports)
This is a great looking product, I was worried it would be huge on my small wrist but it fits fine. I'm pretty disappointed with the workings of this HRM though, it doesn't seem to calculate the correct amount of calories burned and is a LONG way off being correct according to my husbands Polar HRM. I know his HRM is correct because I know approximately how many Calories I should be burning in my workout. Seems a bit pointless to have it if it doesn't give you the correct calculations! The touch screen part of the HRM works fine I didn't have any problems with it even when I was really sweating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Served me well., July 24, 2014
J. W. Boyes (Cleveland Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MIO 0042USBLK Energy Pro Heart Rate Watch (Sports)
This watch worked well for me for several years but in changing the battery for the second time, I must have done something that has rendered it unusable. The pulse readings using the strap were accurate. The instantaneous (5 seconds) pulse readings also seemed to be quite accurate. I only used it at the gym as I don't wear a watch most of the time. It kept time well. The lap functions seemed to work although all I used them for was to count laps.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last long., July 22, 2014
This review is from: MIO 0042USBLK Energy Pro Heart Rate Watch (Sports)
This WAS a pretty impressive gadget for monitoring my pulse with and without a chest strap. However, it stopped working after about a week. Supposedly, when it kept resetting itself to 1:00, the battery was low. After I spent $10 to replace the battery at a jewelry counter (to keep it in warranty), it still misbehaved. Amazon was great at giving me a refund, so I gave it 2 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for about 2 weeks, June 25, 2014
Farlie (Cleveland, TN, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MIO 0042USBLK Energy Pro Heart Rate Watch (Sports)
This is the second Mio HRM that I have ordered. The chest strap quits working in the middle of my run - every run. I have to adjust it accross my chest to get it to start picking up my heart rate again. After using the chest strap for about 10 runs the touch to monitor quit working. I am disappointed, however recognize that I probably got what I payed for. If you are looking for a HRM without a chest strap I would assume this one would be as good as the first one that I used for about 4 years before the band broke.

3.0 out of 5 stars MIOn Energy Pro Heart Rate Watch, June 18, 2014
This review is from: MIO 0042USBLK Energy Pro Heart Rate Watch (Sports)
Don't like this as much as my previous Mio watches. I does read your heart rate easier - the "touch read" placement is easier to access than my others, but it is harder to operate. I should work harder at figuring it out, and I will, but I just haven't taken the time to play around with it. Even with the chest strap read, it reads less calories burned than my Fitbit, so not sure which is more accurate. Would think the Mio, but only 156 calories in walking/running for an hour? So I don't love it, but in all fairness, I don't understand the settings fully yet.

MIO 0042USBLK Energy Pro Heart Rate Watch