5.0 out of 5 stars Best Stapler Ever, June 18, 2008
I have owned an Aceliner Model 502 stapler for over 25 years, and it still works as well as new. This is the premier stapler. I know it sounds funny to be raving about an item as mundane as a stapler, but this is unlike any you have ever owned. It is satisfyingly heavy, amazingly functional, and consistently operative. It will put a staple through 20 pages as if it were nothing. I have bought several to give to friends, and they were quite surprised at the gift. Later, they invariably told me that this was about the neatest thing they had ever received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Stapler Ever, February 23, 2009
This review is from: ace 05021 ace Aceliner Full Strip Executive Stapler, 20 Sheet Capacity, Black/Chrome (Office Product)
Aceliner is the only stapler to have... never jams, never staples halfway. I bought my first one in 1990. Still have it at home... bought another one for work... I paid for it because my company thought it was too much to pay for a stapler... WRONG... I repeat... ACELINER IS THE ONLY STAPLER TO OWN...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Stapler made, April 6, 2010
I buy AceLiner staplers for only one reason...they last forever. I am still using one that I bought used for a dollar in 1984. It still works like a charm. My office was having to purchase a new stapler for a secretary every 9 months to a year, since we were buying the cheap plastic ones. Now, once the plastic stapler breaks, we buy an Aceliner and then we don't ever have to replace it. They are twice as expensive, but they last 100 times longer, so they actually are much more cost effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Aceliner Stapler, January 6, 2009
Durable design
Easy to refill
Rubber toe and heal reduces sliding
Flip top for validation and clog removal
Slide adjust crimp in or crimp out staples.
This stapler is a durable tank capable of long term flawless operation. Simplicity is elegant with this stapler's streamline design. Your children will inherit a great stapler after it's years of reliable service.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good stapler with some issues, June 5, 2009
Years ago I used one of these staplers while in grad school. I liked the heavy weight and battleship construction. It's got a real retro look to it, like something Lois Lane might have used at the Daily Planet.

I was pleased to see that Ace still makes the Aceliner and bought one, planning to use it as my main home office stapler. With the few exceptions noted below, this stapler is exactly as I remembered from 20 years ago.

The Aceliner never jams. The stapling mechanism is first-rate, and the frame is made of top-notch, heavy-duty steel. No plastic in this stapler except for the trim along the top. It holds a full strip of staples, and you can view the supply though the bottom of the top rail. It flips open for tacking paper to a bulletin board or other surface. You can switch from "innie" to "outie" stapling -- you know, where the staple is easy to remove later on.

Refilling is easy -- you pull up and out on the dongle at the back, and the feed spring and pusher slides out so you can slide in a fresh strip.

The only issue I have is that the hinge is too weak. When I pick this stapler up from my desktop, the bottom section always swings out as if I'm tacking something (you can't lock the bottom section, as with the Swingline 747 model). This did not happen with the one I used years ago. The Aceliner works best as a stationary stapler where you insert pages and hit the top to stapler to drive in the staple. If you want to hold the stapler in your hand as you staple, you may be as frustrated as I am when the bottom section swings out every time you pick the stapler up.

But, if you want a top-notch, retro-looking stapler, this is the one to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace is Aces!! Even a Vintage Bakelite one!, August 31, 2011
I have a model with a Bakelite handle made in the 1950's. It still works better than the one at my office or the cheap one I bought when I misplaced this one. Solid functional design never goes out of style.

5.0 out of 5 stars I found mine at goodwill, excellent stapler, July 28, 2011
I've had this stapler since pre-1990. When I found it at Goodwill it looked like it had years of hard use on it. I'd love to know when this product was first sold, it has the look of something made in the 50's or earlier all mental and sturdy as a rock. I use this constantly I think I've only had one or two jams caused by the chintzy staples my employer buys. I think I paid five bucks for this thing and it's been well worth it. Mine's brown, sort of tortoise shell looking plastic on top instead of the black shown in the picture. This it is well worth thirty bucks it will last you ten years instead of laying out 5-10 bucks 5 or six times a year when a cheap one breaks. If you threw this at somebody it would really hurt, weighs about 2 pounds. I'm amazed anyone makes anything this well anymore!

4.0 out of 5 stars Even this they don't make like they used to, September 13, 2011
I own a vintage "executive" Aceliner which I dearly love. It's operation is perfect and it is heavy and sturdy. I keep that one at the office and decided I would get on for home too. Although the design is virtually the same there are a couple of differences I noticed right away. First off, it is made in Taiwan, not the USA. Grant it, Taiwan makes good items but you can certainly tell the difference in the weight of the metal. The back end on my old one does not come all the way out when you put it staples, it swings up. Also, this one doesn't really want to stay closed when you pick it up. It swings open to the flat stapling position. My old one does not do this. It would make it a bit difficult to use if you pick it up all the time to staple (like I do at work). The stapling is good, but not as smooth. I would say that this stapler is better than the plastic junk you find now, but the quality is not quite that of my old vintage one. You can find a vintage model at an auction website for $5 more on average. It is worth the time and money to look for one in very good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stapler available, June 21, 2010
Like others have said, I've had mine about 25 years and still love it. I've used dozens of other brands and none match this one. A couple of other comments: It staples through 20 pages or so with standard staples, other staplers either jam or the staple bends and doesn't go through the pages. This is very comfortable to pick up and hold in one hand to staple with, better than many specifically designed for hand holding stapling. Get one, you will never like another stapler as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace 05021 as Faithful and Important as my Golden REtreiver, December 12, 2013
This is a classic American business machine. It has served me faithfully for over 20 years and is as faithful and important to me as my Golden Retreiver.