Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 20-Pack|Change

on March 4, 2015
Inside has bad surprises! See my picture!
review image review image
33 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2012
These were of a different quality than the first bag of 20 chews I purchased online. They were the same brand, but the package was different and they were much lower in quality. My dog had diarrhea for two days after downing one of these. They were darker and different colors, compared to the first batch which were white and consistent. I'm almost afraid to order online again.
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2012
I bought these 'retriever rolls' for my 18 month old yellow lab. He went through most of one in an evening. They are not very compressed and unroll easily. He got his teeth attached to the end that was unrolling, put his paws on the roll, pulled hard and basically unrolled it like fruit leather. The rolls don't hold up as long as others and I won't be reordering them.
on February 28, 2013
These rawhides were advertised as made in USA. The bag states they are made in South America. Would prefer to have accurate manufacture location information. Product quality is good, price is fair.
on May 14, 2007
My dog loves most retriever rolls I have given her and these are no exception. She likes them just fine, but I find that they splinter into many small pieces as she is chewing on them and this makes an ugly mess. Other than the mess, these retriever rolls are fine; however, next time I will try another kind of roll. Also, these rolls cost about $1 a roll whereas the last time I ordered rolls (through EBay) they cost half as much (100 for about $50). Maybe the price has doubled over the past year because I wasn't able to find retriever rolls any cheaper than the ones I am reviewing here today.
on September 10, 2012
I have been buying these for my coonhound and retriever. They love them as in they can go through one a day. When I first started buying them a couple of months ago they were $1 a piece, now doubled in price. I can no longer afford their rawhide habit. I have switched to natural bones, cheaper and probably healthier. These are NOT made in USA but Central America.
on July 6, 2008
Good but not as substantial as the ones I have bought at CostCo in the past. I thought they were more solid in the middle. Thse splinter too easily.
on September 5, 2012
While these rawhides are large and take a fair amount of time for my lab to finish one, I don't deem it safe. As my dog chews the rawhide, sharp slivers break off and are left behind. I'll walk through the house barefoot and find these sharp remnants wherever the dog was chewing them and they HURT! I can only imagine what it's like for the dog to be chewing and get one of these shards jammed into his gums or worse, swallow one and get it stuck in his throat. I am not a fan of this product.
on February 25, 2014
The package I received is not the same one advertised. It was a 6 lb. package, but the appearance was different. The one I ordered said "VET ENDORSED" across the front, and the one I received is totally different except for size. The bones appear to be tightly wrapped, but we actually cut some in half for pups to share and the middle of each one is almost hollow except for tiny shards and sharp scrap pieces. My older golden ate hers in about 15 minutes and coughed for the next three days. As she chewed it did not soften as other rawhides, instead it cracked and broke into splintered pieces. We believe the sharp pieces scratched or cut the inside of her mouth or throat. I had to throw them all away. Very disappointed!
on November 10, 2006
These have gone in price (by 50% of the original price) since I originally wrote this review but its still a bargain compared to what you pay at other retailers.

November 2006
When I first ordered the retriever rolls I was worried I had sacrificed quality for quantity but I was absolutely wrong. Each retriever was about 11" long and about 1.25" thick. They were identical in quality to the rawhide rolls I buy at the pet store for $2.99 each!! I have a VERY active 18 month (100 lbs) yellow lab but when I give him a retriever roll he will lay down to chew and play for hours at a time. They are thick and durable enough to last about week which is a miracle since he is a chewing machine. I highly recommend them to anyone with a puppy or dog who chews.