Customer Discussions > Diablo III - PC forum

1.0.4 Preview

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 46 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 11, 2012 4:07:40 AM PDT
Take a look, lots of nice stuff in there!!!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923456/104_Systems_Preview-8_10_2012

Things i liked

1. Less Enemy health bonus for additional players (75% down from 110%)
2. Magic Find no longer averaged, you use your own in a group
3. Decreased health of elites by up to 25% and balancing the affixes more
4. CHAMPIONS AND ELITES NO LONGER HEAL BACK TO FULL OR ENRAGE (LOOOOVE IT!!!!!)
5. Reduced repair costs by 25%
6. They are getting rid of the Invulnerable Minions monster affix. (I almost cried when I saw this)

Over the next few weeks we will learn more about the changed to legendaries, and Changes to classes specifically.

I am excited!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 10:39:41 AM PDT
Shanghaied says:
Yes, it looks like Blizzard is stepping up and realizing that people would rather play the game than deal with some of these frustrating aspects.

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 12:34:03 PM PDT
It's more than I can say for some game companies out there.

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 5:01:59 AM PDT
Aaron Miller says:
You two really do love Blizzard quite a bit eh?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 6:03:24 AM PDT
Shanghaied says:
I just want Diablo 3 to grow up to be a good game.

It's not about loving/hating a company. At least not for me.

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 6:22:13 AM PDT
Aaron Miller says:
I meant that in the nicest way possible haha.

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 6:38:11 AM PDT
I do like blizzard, I'm not afraid or ashamed to admit it. They create games because they are gamers and want to play those games as well, and I've never been dissapointed with a blizzard game before.

There are a lot of other companies I like as well, but blizzard has just been in the forefront lately. I also like Square-Enix, Ubisoft, Maxis, and a few others. But I also know when a company releases a bad game, or at least in my opinion a bad game. For instance i love Final Fantasy, but cannot stand FFIII or FFVIII, or either of the two FF MMOs. So i don't like a game just because it has a company logo on it.

I just happened to really like Diablo 3, it struck a harmonic chord with me.

Neuro you can call me a shill all you want. I take no shame in stating that I like a company.

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 7:44:24 AM PDT
Kruger says:
I am happy for these changes.

But, I am still taking each class to 60, to see which I prefer best in the Inferno setting.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 8:19:18 AM PDT
Shanghaied says:
"I just happened to really like Diablo 3, it struck a harmonic chord with me."

I really do love the game too, but I can admit it has some design flaws that are very discouraging and make playing very unsatisfying.

I'm really looking forward to this patch. I think it's going to rekindle my interest considerably.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 11:02:09 AM PDT
I completely agree shang! in the meantime... I will have darksiders II.

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 5:39:45 AM PDT
Aaron Miller says:
I used to be a Blizzard Fan through and through, but they've been on a downward spiral. Diablo 3 was the bottom of that for me, and I'll not be watching them as closely as I once did. This game could not have taken 12 years...actually it didn't since they dumped all the work that had been done in 08. Even then it couldn't have taken 4 years to develop D3.

Same with Bioware (who are worse in my opinion, but had a similar track record).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 1:31:44 PM PDT
NeuroSplicer says:
It is really funny watching the usual shills get their pantyhose all twisted up in excitement about things they would swear did not bother them one bit - until ActiBlizzard decided to tweak them.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 1:43:18 PM PDT
Shanghaied says:
So you must understand how funny it is watching you stick red herrings in our arguments!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 1:51:33 PM PDT
NeuroSplicer says:
I have an endless supply of them!

Massive, massive quantities of red herrings!

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 4:21:21 PM PDT
Well at least he admits it.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 5:00:55 AM PDT
Kruger says:
The new Paragon leveling system looks great.

It's,.. it's as if Blizzard is taking what we are complaining about,.. and doing something about it. As if, to satisfy any disappointment that is out there. I know, I know,.. it sounds CRAZY, but it's like they didn't just take out $60. It's like they are adjusting the game and working on it to ensure we enjoy it.

WTF Blizzard?!?!

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 5:44:44 AM PDT
Hehehe. It's one of the many things I like about blizzard. They don't jsut release a game and say "DONE!" They keep working on it. The Diablo 2 patch a few years ago is proof of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 6:21:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 21, 2012 6:23:02 AM PDT
NeuroSplicer says:
"It's,.. it's as if Blizzard is taking what we are complaining about,.. and doing something about it"

Hardly.

That would take:
- making Diablo3 offline for Single Player
- adding back the option to LAN
- correcting the frequency and quality of drops for Single Player
- abolishing RMAH (at least the real-money branch)

If anyone at ActiBlizzard gave a flying f@rt about the enjoyment of their customers, Diablo3 would had been a very different game. All they care about instead is how to keep their fans/customers/marks grinding for items they will eventually trade for in their virtual economy they are trying to jump-start.

They did not make the game and then thought what else to add - and that is how they ended up with RMAH.
They thought of RMAH FIRST and then they tried to wrapped a game around it.
Diablo happened to be the most convenient.

There were 6.3 million Diablo fans who got suckered into buying this POS thinking it would be a Diablo game. Most of them have been greatly disappointed. And forever disillusioned. CEO's grab their bonuses and run. The company's reputation, though, gets tarnished for ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 6:26:20 AM PDT
Shanghaied says:
"There were 6.3 million Diablo fans who got suckered into buying this POS thinking it would be a Diablo game. Most of them have been greatly disappointed. And forever disillusioned. CEO's grab their bonuses and run. The company's reputation, though, gets tarnished for ever. "

Hardly.

You should really check out the threads on Blizzard's websites under the announcements for most of these changes.

Some 4000 posts of people who are expressing a lot of positivity over these changes.

The idea that people want this game to fail, or are enjoying this. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 7:12:56 AM PDT
"correcting the frequency and quality of drops for Single Player"

If you bothered to read the patch notes, they did in many places.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 7:31:41 AM PDT
Aaron Miller says:
I disliked Diablo 3 to the point where I completely stopped playing, but I don't want it to fail. It is weird that people are reveling in it so much...

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 7:36:54 AM PDT
It isn't just Diablo 3. It's either a new trend or one I never noticed before, but when people don't like a game, some want not only the game, but the ENTIRE company to go under... Maybe they are just jealous? i don't get it either. Personally I'de love to work for a game company, and I'm getting experience in my field at my current job so one day maybe I can.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 7:38:53 AM PDT
Steven says:
I have noticed this the last couple of years as well. "I hated your last game so I want your company to fail, even though I loved the 5/15/50" before it.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 7:39:56 AM PDT
I will admit, the only company I kinda do wish went away was Zynga (May be spelt wrong) I feel like they aren't even trying with the games they are ripping off. If they just made their own I'd be fine with it!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 8:06:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 21, 2012 8:06:29 AM PDT
Rockhardly says:
"If you bothered to read the patch notes"

Neuro doesn't read these posts or the notes.

He bumped his topics, stirred the pot, and is enjoying the hits he generates because of it.

He'll be back in a week or two when his posts begin to slide off to the 2nd or 3rd page.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Diablo III - PC forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  46
Initial post:  Aug 11, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Diablo III - PC
Diablo III - PC by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac OS X Intel, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
2.3 out of 5 stars   (3,537)