Sesame Street From Around the World 1 Season 2006
Amazon Instant Video
1. 1-Jan Join our Sisimpur friends on an exploration of rhythm, song, and dance. In this episode, Shiku and Ikri play with a sound machine, Halum sings an alphabet song; Tuktuki visits a dance school and much more. Whether putting sounds together, practicing dance moves, or playing an instrument with a friend you will soon agree that rhythm is everywhere!
2. 1-02 Join Bel, Garibaldo and friends on a musical adventure! In this episode, we explore sound through games; make musical instruments out of recycled materials, rock out to a music video, and so much more! This is a foreign language/non-subtitled episode.
3. 1-03 Filfil and the gang create their own school when Nimnim feels left out as Khokha prepares for her first day of school. In this home/ school adventure the group covers various topics, ranging from gym class and counting to the importance of raising one's hand to ask a question. This episode encourages children to develop a positive attitude toward school, acquiring knowledge, school activities, interacting with teachers and classmates and to know that school is a fun place to be. This is a foreign language/non-subtitled episode.
4. 4-Jan In this episode, characters Putri and Momon are having difficulty moving a large box. Pak Bagus explains the origin of the wheel to the two friends with a vibrant animated story. With friendly characters and vivid imagery, this and many other episodes of Jalan Sesama teach children the value of storytelling in relation to Indonesia's diverse national culture.
5. 1-05 During a look at Jiddo Simsim's family album, Tonton and Juljul decide to investigate the meaning of the word "heritage." This episode introduces children to traditional aspects of Jordanian culture such as songs, dress, and crafts while also presenting diverse family structures. This is a foreign language/non-subtitled episode.
6. 6-Jan After a disagreement, Potto and Hilda decide to split up the Sesame Tree. Just as they've finished making a line down the center of the Tree, a question comes in:"why do we have to share?" Hilda goes to visit quintuplets to find the answer.
7. 1-07 A big storm hits Shara'a Simsim, leaving Haneen and Karim afraid and Sesame Street a mess. Under Saleem's leadership, everybody on Sesame Street comes out to help clean up the destruction together. This episode teaches children to discuss their fears, how to overcome them, and the values of teamwork. This is a foreign language/non-subtitled episode.
8. 1-08 It's all about Good Nutrition on Ulitsa Sezam! Everyone knows that Zeliboba loves cereal and porridge, so to make him happy his friends decided to treat him - each with their unique porridge. While Zeliboba enjoys his full breakfast, cavemen discover orange juice and a letter present delicious yogurt. Then, Natalia Podolskaya and Ulitsa Sezam muppets sing about benefits of eating healthy foods. Bert and Ernie create new "Oatmeal art" on their computer - wonder what will it be today? And after all the various food discoveries, Zeliboba, Kubik, and Businka decide to do a pretend play of a famous Russian fable about the crow and cheese. Finally in "Businka's Gallery", Businka presents arts and crafts her friends from all over Russia sent to Ulitsa Sezam. This is a foreign language/non-subtitled episode.
9. 9-Jan In this episode the characters use their imaginations to create enchanting stories based on different shapes. They also explore the worlds of music and art and use their imagination to create secret knocks and drum beats.
10. 10-Jan Episode 30 opens with a situation that demonstrates the legitimacy of fearing the unfamiliar. On the Street, Ufnik attempts to shoo away Abigail by scaring her with words whose meaning she doesn't know. After a "Grapefruit Song" quicky, Abigail hosts celebrity Ronny Rock, and together they sing the nickname song "Mandelina". Bert fills up a bathtub for himself, and along with his Muppet friends, sings the song "I Gotta Be Clean". A boy named Ravid teaches Noah how to brush his teeth. Nuha's mother is a dentist, and in a local live-action film, we'll see how she visits her clinic for a routine examination. Returning to the Street, Abigail concludes that someone is planning a picnic in the park, on the basis of items she finds in the vicinity, but learns that it is important to base her conclusions on facts.
11. India: Galli Galli Sim Sim- Fairy Breakfast Chamki and Googly get mistakenly transported to a magical land where they meet a fairy who is in desperate need of her wings. While helping their new fairy friend, Chamki and Googly learn the importance of a nutritious breakfast and learn a few magic tricks along the way!
12. 1-12 Let's join our Sesame friends as they learn about the environment, diversity, and cultural appreciation. In this episode, Zoe and Rosita sing about being Girls of the World, we learn how to plant a community garden, see how Big Bird, Telly and Flavia Flea express different feelings, and have lots of fun along the way. This is a foreign language/non-subtitled episode.
13. 1-13 Let's join our Sesame friends as they learn about the environment, diversity, and cultural appreciation. In this episode, Zoe and Rosita sing about being Girls of the World, we learn how to plant a community garden, see how Big Bird, Telly and Flavia Flea express different feelings, and have lots of fun along the way. This is a foreign language/non-subtitled episode.
Note that this is 100% in foreign languages. I see that's mentioned in some of the individual episode descriptions after I purchased it and downloaded them, but it's not in the... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Patricia A. Heise
I dunno...it's ... missing...something. This doesn't hold my kids to the TV for more than about 7 minutes. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Dusteen J. Barber
I was able to get this season for free which was great however my daughter who is 14 months old isn't as interested in this as she is other showsPublished 25 days ago by bri
I was hoping these would be English episodes teaching about places around the world but is just a sampling of Sesame Street produced in other countries in their languages. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jen DeStefano
It sucked! We watched it for 2 minutes...what a waste of time glad I didn't pay for it! Never again! English voice over would have been nice!Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
My daughter loves this. She has her morning bottle and right after this is what she is watching. and this has been her morning routine for the past 2 months now.Published 8 months ago by Ana B.