Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 1-.075hp-kw 1700RPM D80 Frame 230/460 Volts Leeson Electric Metric Motor # 192051
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 21, 2012
The D80 frame on this motor was a perfect match to the lathe I was upgrading. I paired the motor to a TECO 50 AC Drive unit and was able to dial down to 5 rpm with no cogging and the torque was maintained throughout the entire range. This a great choice for operations requiring high torque and smooth quiet power under load.
on March 12, 2015
I used this motor to convert a Grizzly G0602 lathe to variable speed. Using a VFD and 110v, this motor works great and will just bolt right in with NO modifications. Would highly recommend if your looking at this conversion. Added a MachTach to be able to display the RPM's.
on November 7, 2009
I bought this motor as a drop in replacement for the single phase motor on my Grizzly 10x22 Lathe. I also installed a VFD to drive this motor with variable speed. I now have a really nice lathe setup. This motor runs smooth and quiet and bolts right onto my lathe without any modifications. My lathe is a Grizzly model G0602 which uses an IEC D80 1 HP motor. One small issue I had which was easily resolved; the motor made a squealing noise from the front bearing area. I thought it was the bearing but it turned out to be the dust seal. A small drop of oil fixed it. Don't let this dissuade you from this motor. Forget about buying junk motors on EBay for your Lathe or mill when you can get a new one for this low a price.
on January 30, 2013
I purchased this 1HP/3ph motor to upgrade my Grizzly G0602 lathe to variable speed using a VFD. The motor is an exact drop in fit and if working fine. The only reason not to give it 5 stars is that I have no read on the durability of its bearings. The fit and finish are acceptably good buy not quite as good as a first line American motor like a Baldor. But it was a very good value.
on February 3, 2014
Motor runs smmth and is quiet. It fits my application perfectly. Low end torque is great which is exactly what I need.

See 1 answered question