5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic 3 Phase Motor for reasonable price, November 7, 2009
H. Arnold (Yorba Linda CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1-.075hp-kw 1700RPM D80 Frame 230/460 Volts Leeson Electric Metric Motor # 192051
I bought this motor as a drop in replacement for the single phase motor on my Grizzly 10x22 Lathe. I also installed a VFD to drive this motor with variable speed. I now have a really nice lathe setup. This motor runs smooth and quiet and bolts right onto my lathe without any modifications. My lathe is a Grizzly model G0602 which uses an IEC D80 1 HP motor. One small issue I had which was easily resolved; the motor made a squealing noise from the front bearing area. I thought it was the bearing but it turned out to be the dust seal. A small drop of oil fixed it. Don't let this dissuade you from this motor. Forget about buying junk motors on EBay for your Lathe or mill when you can get a new one for this low a price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leeson motor does the job, January 30, 2013
Craig E Johnston (Hillsboro, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this 1HP/3ph motor to upgrade my Grizzly G0602 lathe to variable speed using a VFD. The motor is an exact drop in fit and if working fine. The only reason not to give it 5 stars is that I have no read on the durability of its bearings. The fit and finish are acceptably good buy not quite as good as a first line American motor like a Baldor. But it was a very good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed motor, October 21, 2012
D. Chastain (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
The D80 frame on this motor was a perfect match to the lathe I was upgrading. I paired the motor to a TECO 50 AC Drive unit and was able to dial down to 5 rpm with no cogging and the torque was maintained throughout the entire range. This a great choice for operations requiring high torque and smooth quiet power under load.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Motor, February 3, 2014
Motor runs smmth and is quiet. It fits my application perfectly. Low end torque is great which is exactly what I need.

Rate and Discover Movies