5.0 out of 5 stars 1-2-3 Magic for Kids review
Reading this book with our kids does a better job than us explaining the regular 1-2-3 Magic book. We purchased both and found the Kids book was easier and made it part of our books at bedtime that we read. One chapter per night was best for us.
Published on September 3, 2008 by K. Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Should have ordered adult version
It was my error to order the version for kids, but I must say, it seems to have been geared for kids younger than my 9 year old anyway. So much is common sense and seems to be just another version of "time outs," but I will try the adult version next to gain more insights.
Published on May 21, 2010 by Busy Mom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 1-2-3 Magic for Kids review, September 3, 2008
This review is from: 1-2-3 Magic for Kids: Helping Your Children Understand the New Rules (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way for parents to reinforce 123 magic!, July 17, 2008
As a mental health provider, I believe this can be a great way to train parents to really teach their children the 123 way. I love the section where it addresses how they might get around the system and cuts them off from the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where to set the rules, where to draw the line, these are questions any and all parent constantly ask themselves., September 3, 2008
Where to set the rules, where to draw the line, these are questions any and all parent constantly ask themselves. "1-2-3 Magic for Kids: Helping Your Children Understand the New Rules" is a practical and 'user friendly' guide for parents and their children in setting up a discipline and incentive program that works for everyone around them. Aiming for a more harmonic atmosphere around the home, and increasing the love between children and their parents, "1-2-3 Magic for Kids" is highly recommended for all parents who are unsure of what to do or what to say when their children fail to listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy As 1 2 3, November 30, 2009
When all else fails, this is the book and method to rely on. Very easy to learn and apply instantly for parents and kids. It is unique in that it is designed to be a child's book as well as a parent resource. I read together with my 3yr old and discussed the pics and text, he was interested in the dynamic between the 2 girls in the story and asked to read it for several nights. He was excited that he was a part of the solution and that he had a responsibility as did I as a parent. This book helps illustrate that responsibility and makes it come to life. It is not designed to rid your family of problems all together rather a calm way to handle problem situations as they arise and allow both kids and parents to exercise self control in the heat of the moment. Worthwhile in every aspect!! Try it and you will see a difference in yourself and your kids!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to 123 Magic for kids, January 21, 2009
I purchased 123 Magic for Kids 2 to 12 and I thought this would be a great companion to the book. My son is 4 years-old and I think I will use the book when my son turn 5 because I think the book was written for older children. I'm glad that I purchased and look forward to using it in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great item!, August 29, 2013
This book is wonderful for helping parents explain the new "rules" to children. It is told in a story book fashion that children can easily relate to. It was really a blessing to have. We've read it a few times and our son loves it. He reminds me if I deviate from the structure in the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids loved it, October 11, 2013
M. McQueen (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I have a 5, 6, and 8 year old and we all read the book together. They begged me each night to read more. And now they ask me to tell other parents too. Great book for kids and parents!

5.0 out of 5 stars great parenting tool, December 8, 2012
This book is quite simplistic. This discipline program works well in the home but also in the classroom. It has made a remarkable difference in student behavior. The biggest key is consistancy. You need to be very prepared to keep using this effective plan for the long term. Be prepared for backsliding if you don't follow through in a consistant manner.Very effective in aleviating power struggles.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's working!, May 30, 2011
My pediatrician recommended this book for my 7 year old with ADHD and my 11 year old daughter with ADHD. We've been using it on our 4 year old, also. It's so simple, and it works! Our home is much happier and more peaceful since we've been following this book. The 4 and 7 year old picked up on it quickly and we had no problems with them. My 11 year old is pretty stubborn and fought it for the first few days, but she recently told me she's glad we're all getting along better. She knows that if she doesn't want to be counted, she just needs to behave. SO GLAD I BOUGHT THIS!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, November 1, 2009
The book is helpful in assisting parents and children in learning how 123 Magic system of discipline works.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1-2-3 Magic for Kids: Helping Your Children Understand the New Rules
1-2-3 Magic for Kids: Helping Your Children Understand the New Rules by Thomas W. Phelan (Paperback - April 1, 2008)
$7.95 $7.16