4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Cultures From Around The World
Published 23 months ago by JJGemini

3.0 out of 5 stars Sesame Street From Around the World
this was not what I thought it was and when I went back and reviewed it I realized that it was as much my mistake as it was the way it was wrote up in the description that I read.
Published 12 months ago by goforit39

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Cultures From Around The World, August 4, 2012
This review is from: Sesame Street From Around the World (Amazon Instant Video)
Living in New York City, Sesame Street perfectly reflected my life growing up and I identified with the setting and the shows. It never occurred to me that not everyone lived in a city like that. These shows are spin-offs of Sesame Street that include very similar characters but in totally different countries and different types of stories. It's fascinating to see how different countries depict different kinds of Muppets to reflect their cultures. In Ireland they have "Sesame Tree" where the Muppets all live and work in a tree, instead of on Sesame Street. Elmo and Big Bird pop up in a few different countries, but for the most part the Muppets are new creations for their respective countries and all include their own theme song.

There are 12 Countries and a full episode from each country. Episodes 12 & 13 are the same show, dubbed into two different languages.

My only complaint is that I wish all of the shows had subtitles. Only a few have subtitles. But pre-school kids don't really care about the dialogue anyway. And if they do, they really can't read subtitles.

As a personal note: the India show Galli Galli Sim Sim has the catchiest theme song!

Here is a list of all the countries and the names of the shows:
1. Sisimpur (Bangladesh) Language: Bengali (subtitled in English)
2. Vila Sesamo (Brazil) Language: Portuguese
3. Alam Simsim (Egypt) Language: Arabic
4. Jalan Sesama (Indonesia) Language: Indonesian (subtitled in English)
5. Hikayat Simsim (Jordan) Language: Arabic
6. Sesame Tree (Ireland) Language: English
7. Shara Simsim (Palestine) Language: Arabic
8. Ulitsa Sezam (Russia) Language: Russian
9. Takalani Sesame (South Africa) Language: Africaans & English
10.Shalom Sesame (Israel) Language: Hebrew (subtitled in English)
11.Galli Galli Sim Sim (India) Language: Hindi (subtitled in English)
12.Rruga Sesam (Kosovo-Albanian) Language: Albanian
13.Ulica Sezam (Kosovo-Serbian) Language: Serbian

It's a lot of fun watching the shows from around the world. I wish they had more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sesame Street for the 21st century, May 11, 2012
This review is from: Sesame Street From Around the World (Amazon Instant Video)
I love how Sesame Street is releasing new episodes that are keeping up and changing with the times...for example the characters are using cellphones now instead of using the obsolete landline-cord phones...I also commend the shows writers and producers for making episodes tht pertain to the problems that kids today face...for example both parents working and learning the responsibilities of being a latch-key kid and caring for oneself while both parents are away making money!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sesame Street From Around the World, July 6, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars great show from India, October 11, 2013
I wish I had access to more of these! I would like to purchase the whole series! educational, fun and cultural

5.0 out of 5 stars Growing up with Sesame Street, September 22, 2013
Yes I grew up with Sesame Street. I new that It was not just a local show. But until I was older I did not realize just how not local it was. I have family from Russia and found this as a free option. Even though I understand none of the words I still enjoy watching it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sesame Street delivers everytime, August 31, 2013
This is a great little offering from Sesame Street. I enjoyed myself - entertaining and wonderful but I would expect no less!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son loves this, August 1, 2013
Jaiden loves Sesame Street and we were pretty glad that Amazon offered this for a really great price. He watches this almost everyday!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sesame Street, July 29, 2013
My niece loves these songs and will dance and sing along all day. It's also great to keep them distracted.

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE GET MORE EPISODES FOR THE BRAZILIAN VERSION, July 27, 2013
My daughter loves this. She has her morning bottle and right after this is what she is watching. and this has been her morning routine for the past 2 months now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can not believe it was free, June 23, 2013
My grandson loves it. It's a great buy it was free. Lol we spend lots of time enjoying the download.

1-Jan