Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 14, 2011 9:46:21 PM PDT
Publishing, warehouse management, shipping, etc. And all you drop of the e-book price is $1? Unacceptable. Amazon, you're no longer the only show in town. I've stopped recommending the Kindle to people because the cost v. benefit is all in cost. Dump big cash up front so you can save Amazon, the publishers and the distributors some money. Amazon doesn't set the prices, but they can just tell the publishers that they won't sell an e-book at that price and let them decide if they want to make their publishings available to the market or not. Sorry... I'll wait for the bit torrent or a used copy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2011 8:33:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2011 8:35:30 AM PDT
I'd rather sit back in my comfortable chair, with a good light and read the actual book. I'm "old fashioned" that way.

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 5:43:03 PM PDT
J. Dean says:
This is exactly the reason I don't buy ebooks. They should cost MAYBE a quarter what they do and the publishers/writers would make the same amount of money as they do with printed books. Ebooks cost fractions of a penny to manufacture and distribute. They need no warehouse. They need no sales people or cashiers. There is no paper. There is no printing. There is no binding.

It's a rip off plain and simple and I won't buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2011 8:42:09 PM PDT
JD,

Maybe if they become more popular and come into general use, the price will drop.

Remember when you couldn't get a decent computer for less than $1200?

Now you can buy an even better one for less than $500 or in some cases, less than $400.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 14, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America
Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America by Ann Coulter (Hardcover - June 7, 2011)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (497)