5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install - save yourself $150+
I have two garage doors, after a spring broke on one the repair guy noted the rollers on the door he was fixing needed replaced. No problem I said - charged me $148 for the rollers plus additional labor. Took all of 10 minutes to replace.

Published on July 16, 2010 by Steve J Simons

3.0 out of 5 stars May not be same size as steel wheels
I just swapped a set of steel wheels from my garage door with these nylon wheels.

The quality of these wheels is good, but noticed that they were not exactly the same diameter as the original steel wheels.
The door now has noticeably more play between the trim of the house than it did before, and because of this it doesn't seal as well.

I...
Published on January 14, 2012 by dgdoc

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install - save yourself $150+, July 16, 2010
This review is from: Set of 10---2 Inch 13 Ball Nylon Garage Door Roller (4 Inch Stem) (Tools & Home Improvement)

After he left, I found these on Amazon and bought a set for the other garage door. I noticed when installing them they were identical to the ones the 'pro' used - only a 1/5th the cost. Lower the door (except for the two bottom rollers which you'll want the door up) and simply pull the screws and/bolts (4 on each hing with my doors) and pull the hinge off and slide in a new roller. Takes 10 minutes with a power driver. Quiets an old door. Grease the opener track while you are at it, and spray some oil on the main door spring, and you'll have performed for a fraction the cost a couple hundred dollar professional job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Rollers You Can Get & Fits Standard 2 Inch Rails., March 20, 2011
bareyb (Silicon Valley USA) - See all my reviews
Just like the Title says. These are the Rolls Royce of Garage door rollers. They are NOT 2 inches in diameter by the way, they are for 2" inch RAILS. Kind of misleading for the uninitiated... At any rate, these have the most bearings and the highest load capacity of any roller available on Amazon. So if you are looking for the "best you can get" you have found it. They also have a sealed back unlike the other high end rollers I've seen, which keeps the factory lubricant sealed inside.

These are very easy to install if you remove the side rails and install them that way instead of removing all the hinges as many websites recommend. I got this method from another buyer here and it is MUCH easier than having to remove ALL the hinges and then taking the chance that the self tapping screws may strip when you put them back in. The side rails only have four nuts and bolts to remove and you don't have to hassle with de-tensioning the springs which can also be somewhat dangerous and time consuming. It only took me about 20 minutes to install all ten using this method.

If you are like me, and want to do a full Garage Door "tune-up" then I recommend cleaning all the rails and hinges with a Cleaner/Degreaser product like "Super Clean" and then using Silicon Lubricant on everything. The hinges themselves have a long slot in them which allows you to get the lubricant inside the sleeve where it needs to be. HINT: You may need to rotate some of the hinges around to get to the slot.

I also purchased the LiftMaster 3800 Residential Jackshaft Garage Door Opener to complete the package. Between the Rollers and the new Opener my once noisy Garage Door is now almost silent and it operates smoother than it did when it was new. This was a very satisfying project and I highly recommend these products if you want to give that old Garage Door of yours a new life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work Great- east to install, August 24, 2010
These new Nylon rollers are much quieter than the old ones and easy to install. Note- when installing the bottom roller it was much easier to loosen the rail that it rolls in and move it to the side so that you can slide the roller out without removing the hinge. The bottom hinge is connected to the tension wire and much more difficult to remove.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want quiet garage door rollers, this is it!, January 12, 2012
Does what it supposed to do. Quiet rollers for your garage door for a very reasonable price. Heck, I went to Lowe's & Home Depot and was shocked to find out how much I'm going to pay for the same item. Found a tutorial at eHow youtube webpage w/ the title "how to change your garage door rollers". Very easy technique. I didn't have to undo all the nuts & bolts on each hinge that holds the rollers. It you want to replace your rollers like an expert, go to eHow webpage. If you're just gung-ho for hard work, do it the old-fashion way w/ hand tools. As usual amazon is amazing, delivered on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you hear that? Hear what?, July 21, 2010
These rollers fit standard garage doors. I had an original steel roller fail on my garage door causing a horrible grinding sound. I went online to find a full set of replacements and came across these nylon coated ones. Wow, talk about quieting up your garage door. Too bad I have a chain driven opener. If I had a belt or screw driven opener it would be almost completely silent. I've had them in about a month and it seems like they have gotten even quieter after a little break in.

3.0 out of 5 stars May not be same size as steel wheels, January 14, 2012
dgdoc (Potomac, MD) - See all my reviews

I haven't seen this in any of the reviews and thought it was important to point out that there may be a very slight difference in diameter and play.
The fix would be to move the track closer to the house, but that assumes that you have an adjustable track.
I did this, but ultimately ended up buying a set of steel wheels National Hardware V7601 Standard Garage Door Rollers, 1-7/8-Inch Roller 4-3/8-Inch Stem 7/16-Inch Shaft, Plain Steel, 2-Count in order to keep the alignment and play as it was originally.

Everything is perfect now -- Happy camper.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a difference these have made!, October 19, 2010
These have reduced the noise of operating my garage door by 75%. I no longer have to pause and rewind my TV program when someone uses the garage door! Oh yea, and the garage door opener doesn't have to work so hard, I was previously convinced It was not powerful enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars 11 ball, not 13 ball rollers, but still good?, September 20, 2011
I received 11-ball rollers, not the advertised 13-ball rollers. After good communication with the supplier, it was explained that the 13-ball 75lb, 15,000 cycle rollers have been replaced by 11-ball, 75lb, 50,000 cycle rollers which should be as good or better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Difference --, July 25, 2011
Wow...Who would've thought.... I have a 10 year old home and 5 kids... 2 Garage Doors that are 8x7 and constantly in motion...up/down...up/down...up/down... We live in and out of our garage it seems with bicycles, baseball/football, unloading groceries, out to work and school, in from work and school, working on cars, etc, etc....

The garage doors have been nudged by cars, are not quite perfectly aligned any longer and had begun to constantly make that sound that gives you chills "the proverbial fingernails scraping on a chalkboard" type sound. Our doors had the standard builders grade steel roller wheels and they were beginning to seize and slide up and down the track instead of roll up and down the track.

I had two different garage door companies come out and give me estimates to repair the doors. Each of the companies wanted $125 to $150 / door to replace the rollers and grease and adjust the doors. After a little research I found these nylon, ball bearing rollers on Amazon and I ordered 2 packages of 10. They arrived the next day for the additional $3.99 per my Prime account and the packaging was just fine. Basically 2 plastic bags containing 10 rollers each. When I opened the bag and took one out I was impressed with the quality and construction. I simply unscrewed 1 hinge at a time and replaced the rollers at each location on the door. It took me about 10 minutes with a cordless drill and socket attachment. I am impressed. The doors roll smoothly, quietly, and work excellent. Tell the garage door companies and their high prices to "take a leap". This is a very simple operation that anyone with just a minor amount of common sense can do to drastically improve the performance of their garage doors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Rollers, April 30, 2010
I got these to replace old worn out rollers that were very noisy.

These significantly reduced the noise.

I would also recommend that you change the hinges while you are at it, and use a filler in the holes before putting the screws back in.