on March 3, 2009
The current economy has been scaring me a bit. Had heard of EFT and have friends who have had success with it, so I got this book to help ease my fears more than anything else.

This is a nice book with a 10-day play, which takes you step-by-step through a "makeover" process, to help you restructure your negative beliefs about money. EFT (or "tapping") is like acupuncture, for those who believe in that. But there are no needles, just your fingers tapping on various points in your body.

Yeah, I thought it was crazy too! Like I said though, I've had friends who've had luck with it and I was looking to feel better about my money situation, so why not?

I'm a believer in the results I'm seeing. I'm not sure if it's the tapping or a placebo effect, but I am in a better place now than I was when I started the plan. Definitely not as worried as I was.

Some interesting things have happened regarding money. Finding money I didn't know I had, for example. Not like $20 in your pocket, but about $5000!

Coincidence? I don't know. The results are there though. My situation is better than it was 10 days ago and I am feeling better about everything.

This is a good book, even if you just buy it for the information about money it contains. It is much deeper than just EFT.
on August 24, 2009
I am a yoga teacher and am open to things like this, but I am also skeptical of them at the same time. Maybe skeptical is a strong word, but let's just say I approach with caution.

Took a shot at this book after watching a Tony Robbins video where he talked about GETTING PHYSICAL while making goals and working on yourself. This is why you see him jumping around, clapping, and yelling, getting people motivated. He gets not only your mind into it, but also your body. Seems to work for Tony Robbins and his students!

This principle behind this book is similar-- get your physical body involved with your money issues. These can include:

- knocking out debt
- paying off bills
- bringing in more money
- getting a raise

Any number of things dealing with more money, less debt.

The exercises are simple. They are like standard affirmations, but with "tapping" that you do via your fingers on various points of your body. Look it up on YouTube to see examples of this.

Book has good specifics about where to tap and why this technique works the way it did.

I really felt better after doing the techniques in this book and plan to continue with the exercises, even though my "10-day money makeover" is now done. Am seeing good results and want to continue them.
on August 1, 2009
Purchased this book based on the cover. Have always been into self-development and, with the economy the way it is now, we can all use some extra money.

I like it! Most books about personal finance talk about saving money or spending habits. This one talks about you and the beliefs you have about money. It argues that the reason you're broke (or rich) has a lot to do with your feelings about money.

Think about it. How many times did you hear "Money doesn't grow on trees" or "I'm not made of money!!" when you were growing up?

This had an affect on you, like it or not.

This book helps you work through those beliefs using EFT, which is kind of like meditation or affirmations, but with "tapping" hand motions. Like tapping your fingers on the table. If you can do that, you can tap.

I gave it a shot. Had a good month this month. Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe not. Too early to tell, but I had fun with the exercises and will continue to do them.
on November 8, 2009
Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like EFT was the mos talked about quick-fix in 2008. Everyone was doing it. I was skeptical then, but gave it a try. It did nothing for me. But I kept on hearing people rave about using it and how it helped them to release a lot of emotional weight they were carrying. If something as harmless as EFT makes someone feel better, who am I to put it down just because it doesn't work for me?

So, how did I come to read and review this book, you may wonder? I got into an intense debate about EFT with one of my professors. He suggested, before we carry on, I do more research. I came looking for books. There weren't many to choose from. This "20-Day Money Makeover" was one of four EFT books I bought.

For the sake of research, I thought, I could try this for ten days and try to be as open as possible. Here's what I came away with:

While EFT still doesn't seem to have the big effect on me like it does some people, I did appreciate what the author was trying to say. I never got the feeling he was trying to tell the reader EFT was going to solve all your problems or you could tap and a million dollars would appear. He seemed to encourage the reader to really look at why you are in debt and spending money you don't have while working a crappy job you're probably over-qualified for. Sometimes we forgot to question these things because we're just going from one day to the next.

In this book, EFT is toted as a tool. It's like you have to do some mental work and then use EFT to make all the mental work you did mean something.

Bottom line is that I am taking the time to review this book because I respected how I came away from it having been asked some hard questions that I hadn't thought about in a long time ans was motivated enough to start taking better care of my money situation. Whether or not EFT works, at least if you're willing to wake up and become more aware of the messes in your life and want to do something to clean them up, that's a good thing.
on September 27, 2009
For the past three years, I have been a serious student of the law of attraction. What I find the most difficult is staying in a positive state of mind most of the time. I am always looking for tools to help me do so. Affirmations, vision boards and EFT have all worked for me.

The thing I appreciated about this book was that it gave me tools I could use long after the ten days were up.

This book doesn't just focus on how to attract more money. Half the book is spent looking at why you are blocking money from coming to you and releasing those beliefs.

My only complaint is that I wish there was more advice given on what to do after the ten days are up.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 8, 2009
As someone who has been practicing EFT professionally, I have found myself collecting all the books on the subject. What I liked about this book is that the author explored attracting money from all angles and didn't just promise that EFT would be a magical solution to all your problems. Some EFT practitioners have been known to do that, so it was refreshing to see someone approach the topic honestly.

The one issue I have is that, unless you are experienced with EFT, you can't just learn it from a book. I would recommend checking out the hundreds of videos on the Web which show you how to do EFT. Once you've learned how, then come back to this book. There is a precision to tapping that must be learned for it to be affective. I don't believe a book can teach that. But once you have mastered it, books become great tools.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 31, 2009
I read about EFT and, to be honest, thought it was too good to be true. Tapping releases energy? But I found myself doing a lot of research online and then finally came to Amazon to check some books. I bought this one because the title was too good to resist.

I have a feeling there are more indepth books out there on EFT, but this is a good book to use to help get into the practice of EFT. Not only does the author give specific instruction on how to do a tapping session, but he also gives daily food for thought on the issues that keep us all from having more money.

I liked this book and will be buying more books on the subject.
on July 16, 2009
I had never heard of EFT before this book but knew about David Hooper through his Law of Attraction books. Got this book because I was worried sick about the economy and everything which comes along with it.

I am still not convinced that EFT works, even though I do believe in acupuncture and the concepts of it. Regardless of whether it works or not though, doing the EFT exercises helped me to relax and let go of the worry that I was experiencing, if only for a few minutes.

I said I'd give it 10 days and I did. Once I was done with the program, I realized I wasn't so worried about the economy and that my situation was actually pretty good (and getting better).

So maybe it does work? Not quite sure of the results I should have expected. I am going to do the program again though, now that I am relaxed.

To me, this book was worth reading. It explained everything well and the exercises are easy enough. Basically, you just tap your fingers on various points in your body, which release "blocked energy" and will allow more money to come into your life. If you like things like acupuncture and feng shui, you will enjoy this book.
on July 10, 2009
In the past couple of years, I've used EFT mainly to help with health issues. Never really thought to use it to increase wealth. Somebody recommended this book on an EFT-related message board. Decided to check it out and I'm glad that I did.

While you have to have SOME previous knowledge how to use EFT, this book does give enough instruction that a beginner can get started right away. I liked the 10-day format of this program and liked how each day had me focusing on the various obstacles that repel money from me.

While I didn't win a lottery in 10 days, I can say that I feel less stressed about money after doing these techniques and have found a few important financial matters have worked themselves out to my benefit.

The peace of mind I have gotten from this book has especially helped me during these crazy economic times and recession.
on February 25, 2010
From my experience, the best way to learn how to do EFT is by watching someone demonstrate it. Even just listening to instruction can be confusing. Just reading how to tap, I think, is more for an advanced EFT practitioner who no longer needs visual guidance. That said, this book provided good explanations as to how EFT can help ease stress around money and help to open you up to attracting more (or, at the very least come up with ideas on how to bring more money into your life). Some people think EFT is a "woo woo" thing that is supposed to work like magic. It's not. It is a form of unblocking negative energy. It's the unblocking of negative energy and opening yourself up to good things that brings more abundance, not just the tapping. I recommend reading all books on EFT, including this one.