5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Book!
This cute book counts down the 10 fat turkeys-great for the holidays. One by one, each turkey leaves the fence in a creative way. This book is good for the pre-schooler learning to count or learning the concept of subtraction. The illustrations are great! The turkeys looks as if they have their own personalities, and their facial expressions are adorable. Great buy!
Published on October 24, 2004 by David L. Falkstein

Published 1 month ago by Olivia Stabler

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Book!, October 24, 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Silly & Fun!, November 4, 2006
This review is from: 10 Fat Turkeys (Paperback)
If you're looking for a serious book about Thanksgiving, then 10 Fat Turkeys is not the book for you. This book is about ten fat turkeys walking along a fence, when one by one they fall, break the fence, and perch on a tree instead. It's funny, and intended to appeal to the very young, or young at heart. The illustrations are bright, and bold, and will appeal to young children say 1 to 5-years. My son laughs when I read this book, and now at five he's starting to read it to himself.

10 Fat Turkey's mimics the pattern in Melanie Gerth's, Ten Little Ladybugs, although Gerth's book is sweet, this work is just plain silly.

10 fat turkeys fooling on a fence.
"Looky!" says a silly turkey, swinging from a vine.
GOBBLE GOBBLE WIBBLE WOBBLE whoops! Now there are...9.

It's a lesson in simple subtraction, and one we enjoy reading after Halloween. It's not a Thanksgiving book per se, there is no mention of the holiday, or even the season. It just a fun, nonsense book for little tykes.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a nightly favorite, March 9, 2006
This review is from: 10 Fat Turkeys (Paperback)
My children, aged 2 and 3, love "the tookey book" as they call it. Frankly, I had my doubts about whether or not they'd like it when I flipped through it for the first time. The third or fourth time I said "GOBBLE GOBBLE WIBBLE WOBBLE" they were giggling like mad. They love to count the turkeys on each page and point out what silly things each turkey is doing. When they "read" it on their own I can hear choruses of "GOBBLE WOBBLE WOBBLE!" coming from their playroom. This is a very fun book, I'm glad I gave it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 month old loves it to pieces, January 27, 2006
This review is from: 10 Fat Turkeys (Paperback)
I have a 10 month old and I bought this book for her at Thanksgiving. She absolutely loves it!! She won't sit still for the entirety of any other book but this one. The silliness, the colorful pictures and the repetitiveness of "Gobble, Gobble, Wibble Wobble" is what she seems to like the most. I just wish it came in a board book form-she has already torn the book apart but we can at least still read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, March 22, 2006
This review is from: 10 Fat Turkeys (Paperback)
My mother bought this book and everytime by 2 year-old goes there we have to read it. She finally latched on to it and we had to take it home. We now have to read it all the time!! The illustrations are great and she laughs almost the whole time I am reading!! Great book!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nonsense delight!, August 6, 2006
This review is from: 10 Fat Turkeys (Paperback)
I love this book because it is funny, teaches subtracting, and because I can use it to discuss with children--"What do you think happened?" I love the illustrations and bright colors used. And any fun book with a way to teach another lesson is an added bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars these turkeys entertain!, November 23, 2005
This review is from: 10 Fat Turkeys (Paperback)
My two and a half year old who hadn't sat willingly for a book in over six months will sit for this one again and again. For more fun we add sound effects for each page related to the action the turkey does (and Johnny does his own "noodle dance"). The pages are now so battered we're looking for a replacement copy. If your kid is a fan of counting down, try this book on for size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Way to Anticipate Next Number, September 14, 2010
Theresa (New Tampa, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Fat Turkeys (Board book)
This book is hysterical! I love how the author uses rhyme to allow the child/children to identify the next number in this count down book. The illustrations are wonderfully captivating and the fact that it is a teaching tool is a bonus. I'm going to enjoy using this for the next couple of years with my children. This also makes a nice "love ya" present for Thanksgiving.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and silly book, November 15, 2009
Mary Ann Truby "navymom82852" (Louisville, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Fat Turkeys (Board book)
I first used this book when I subbed for Head Start. The 3 and 4 year old children enjoyed the bright colors and goofy pictures, as well as the silly rhymes. The older children caught on to the repetitous "Gobble, gobble, wibble wobble " and would say the line along with me as we neared the end of the book. I am now retired and reading it to my 20 month old granddaughter who seems to enjoy it just as much as the older children did. NOTE- this is a counting book and not a Thanksgiving book. But if you want a fun book to read during November this is a good pick.

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoying Rhymes Make No Sense, Ended Up at the Bottom Of Book Bin, August 13, 2014
This review is from: 10 Fat Turkeys (Paperback)
This book is OK but my daughter has no interest in it. I got it to read around Thanksgiving time and several Thanksgivings have passed and we haven't read it again. I do like the illustrations and they are very colorful and silly to match the turkey's antics, but the rhymes are choppy and make no sense. It's only real positive acclaim other than the illustrations is that I like the concept of counting backwards and it's good for teaching subtraction.

Basically, there are much better Thanksgiving books out there than this. This is not a good read at all.

10 Fat Turkeys
10 Fat Turkeys by Tony Johnston (Paperback - October 1, 2004)
$3.99 $3.06