5.0 out of 5 stars Really Burns the Fat!
Published on July 29, 2010 by Amy Henley

3.0 out of 5 stars Too dancy for me, but a good workout
Published on December 16, 2010 by book junkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Burns the Fat!, July 29, 2010
Amy Henley (VA, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner (DVD)
Each section of a Ten Minute Solution workout makes every minute count! As with most Ten Minute Solution DVDs, you burn the most fat in the shortest amount of time. This is the first time I have done a workout with Catherine Chiarelli, and it's her first Ten Minute Solution DVD. She doesn't say much beyond telling you what to do, but I prefer that to a chatty instructor. Although the moves are not very original, I liked the workouts because they live up to the DVD's title of fat burning. You know your burning calories when the instructor is occasionally breathing hard! You can program any combination of sections 1-5 below so that your workout is 10 to 50 minutes long.

Power Sports Drills

This section starts with 2.5 minute warm up with moves like step touches, squats, jumping jacks, leg stretches, "gate swings," which are plies with hands moving from front to side, and "leg crossovers." In the body of the workout there are 5 sport drills, and each is approximately 1-1.5 seconds long. The first drill takes you to the soccer field. You start by dribbling an imaginary ball with your feet. Next, you kick the ball. Then, you go back to dribbling. The second drill takes you to the volley ball court. First, you do a lunge wit underhand bump. Next, you "charge the net," spike an imaginary ball, and fast feet back to starting point. The third drill takes you to the basketball court. Step side to side, and then prep for and take fake jump shots. The fourth drill takes you to the hockey rink. You do "stop the puck" moves that look a bit like side lunges. The fifth drill is speed and agility. First, you do a lunging move forward and back on one leg. Second, you do a jumping back-front-side move. Third you switch to second leg for lunging move. Finally, you end with a cool down.

Extreme Intervals

The purpose of this section is to alternate between high intensity exercises and active recovery. You do a couple of sets of each interval. You start with 30 seconds of warm up with stretches. Some sample interval combinations are jumping and slow squats, jumping with high and low knees, jumping with split squat and alternating lunges, and fast and slow skaters. Last, there is a quick cool down.

Low Impact Fat Blaster

This routine includes "oldies, but goodies." The quick warm up starts with arm circles, hamstring curls, and marches. There are two 5-minute mini-routines of "back to basic" moves. The moves build on each other, so that you learn the moves in small chunks and repeat. Some sample moves form the first routine are mambas, pivots, "punch forwards," slides, leg lifts, step backs, squats, kicks, and lunges. Some sample moves from the second mini-routine are grapevines, v-steps, "punch-ups," out-out in-ins, hamstring curls, front kicks, and lunges. It ends with a quick cool down.

Rapid Results Kickboxing

This workout tarts with a quick 30 second warm up of squats, pulse lunges, and boxer shuffles. The body of the workout has basic kickboxing combinations of kicks, punches, and boxer shuffles. Finally, there is a quick cool down.

Cardio Max

This workout combines simple, high intensity moves into two 5-minute mini-routines. The moves in each routine build on each other so that you learn the moves in small chunks and repeat. Sample moves from the first mini-routine are side steps, v-steps. Hops, knee crosses, jumping jacks, and lunges. Sample moves from the second mini-routine are leg extensions back, knee ups, step touches, running in place, "hoping a box," squats, and side lunges. Last, there is a quick cool down.

4.0 out of 5 stars good cardio for beginning to intermediate, October 20, 2010
LMS (In the midwest) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner (DVD)
Like all of the 10 minute solution workouts, this is broken into 5 10 minute segments. This one is targeted towards more high intensity cardio. The difficulty level of this workout is probably for advanced beginners to intermediate. It is not as difficult as any of the Jillian Michaels workout dvds or even the biggest loser cardio bootcamp workout. I was hoping for a more difficult workout so if you are looking for something on par with Jillian Michaels or Amy Bento, this is not that workout

No equipment is required for this workout and the moves are not very difficult to learn (and I am not particularly coordinated). There is quite a bit of jumping and plyometrics in this one which is good for the heart rate (not good if you have knee problems).

Minor faults:
The cueing between moves was not always very good and the low impact segment seems to drag on and the intensity (and my heartrate also dropped quite a bit). In the future, I will do this segment first as a 10 minute warm-up

Pluses:
The sports drills were quite a bit of fun as was the kickboxing section. For the most part, this workout does get the heart rate up. The instructor is peppy without being annoying and the moves are relatively easy to master.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too dancy for me, but a good workout, December 16, 2010
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner (DVD)
If you like to dance and can remember routines easily, this is a great workout. It got my heart rate up and I sweated plenty. If you are like me and learn steps slowly and have trouble remembering dances, you may not love this one. A couple of times, by the time I figured out exactly what she was doing, she started doing something new. I prefer a routine where she tells you to do 20 squats, then she tells you to do 20 jumping jacks etc. "Take it from the top" is not a phrase I want to hear during a workout. I find exercise relaxing, except when I'm trying to follow a routine I simply can't remember, then its just frustrating. I found myself doing jumping jacks when I was lost in the routine- I could have done that without a video. Some people may love this, I just don't.

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 5 ain't bad..., February 15, 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner (DVD)
Two of the workouts on this video are GREAT! (Power Sports Drills, Extreme Intervals)They are simple and easy to follow. They are challenging (which is what I was looking for, something to make me sweat). I love those two.
The remaining three are difficult in a different way. They take a lot of coordination. The instructor uses dance moves that seem complicated to someone who doesn't dance.
It was still worth the money, and maybe at some point I'll be able to follow the other three work outs! :)

2.0 out of 5 stars too fast, no integration, too late leads, November 26, 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner (DVD)
I got a copy of this from the public library. I am a non-certified group fitness instructor. The pace is too fast. Moreover, the moves are not introduced and integrated properly (it should slowly first and one by one, but they are rather fast and all at once) for the audience/followers. The fact that it needs to be 10 minutes is not a good excuse for this, either It can be done properly and integrated within 10 min. This could be very frustrating and even for me it is. I don't recommend it in this form. There are already much better examples than this, such as Janis Saffell's Quick Fix Total Cardio Kick (also 10min), which is much better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not Explain Steps, September 27, 2010
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner (DVD)
I have bought many exercise videos over the years and this one though is a decent workout it is hard to follow. There are not good transitions, as she moves from exercise to exercise without really telling you what is going to come next. So I felt like I got left behind often, unlike many other DVDs where I was able to anticipate the next step easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Took a while to grow on me, April 29, 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner (DVD)
But now I love it. It is difficult to follow at first; but I picked up the cues and moves quickly after just a few trys. My favorites are the Low Impact Aerobics, Kickboxing (though it is kind of dancy, not typical kickboxing - I use hand weights to bring up the intensity of it) and the Cardio Mix at the end of the tape. There is very little stretching (try zero) or warm up so I recommend stretching really before starting these routines to avoid joint issues - there's quite a bit of twisting and jumping in the first two segments of the tape.

3.0 out of 5 stars good dvd, just didn't click with me, September 19, 2010
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner (DVD)
this workout dvd is what it claims to be. the workout is good but for some reason it didn't click with me. i found the instructor to be annoying and i was disappointed in some of the segments. it is hard to enjoy a workout when the longer you are doing it the more annoying the instructor gets. there is no one thing i can pinpoint, it was just something about her. i guess different strokes for different folks right. for the segments, the things that bothered me were in the sports segment she did not include any american football moves. i know how those football players train and that is some of the most challenging stuff you can do and it wasn't included but these very cheesy volleyball moves were. i thought the low impact fat blaster would be more old school aerobics style. instead it was very dancey and she kept saying "have fun with it" like that was going to make it any better. the other segments were fine. other people seemed to enjoy this dvd very much so i would encourage people to give it a try. the workout is challenging and does make you sweat, it just wasn't the one for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cardio and butt work out!, June 29, 2014
H. Anderson (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner (DVD)
This is pretty good. It has a great mix of cardio and body weight resistance. I love these 10 Minute Solutions because I can track 10 minutes at a time without feeling dread. Then I move on to the next!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Workout !, May 25, 2014
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner (DVD)
Great for jumpstarting your day, even to unwind after a stressful day, i enjoy the workout and its good enough to follow

10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner
10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner by Andrea Ambandos (DVD - 2010)
$14.98 $5.99