5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent on ALL Levels
This is a beautifully written book that could be used by many authors as an effective blueprint for how to write a book. Unlike so many books that seem to drone on and on, this book is short and to the point and provides the reader all the information they need, but no more, making it a pleasure to read.

The book is not just for people who worry. It is a must...
Published on March 6, 2008 by D. Haddad

3.0 out of 5 stars Practical guide that has common sense solutions
This telegraphic work has the basic outlines to stop worrying but is somewhere between a phrase book and a comprehensive text. Not enough guidance provided here around generalities.
Published 13 months ago by David Heber

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent on ALL Levels, March 6, 2008
This review is from: 10 Simple Solutions to Worry: How to Calm Your Mind, Relax Your Body, and Reclaim Your Life (The New Harbinger Ten Simple Solutions Series) (Paperback)

The book is not just for people who worry. It is a must read for anyone that suffers from excessive stress or anxiety. This is not your typical useless "self-help" book that promises that reading it will reveal secrets that will give you an easy fix. Rather, it empowers the reader with useful knowledge and concrete examples and tools for how to learn to think and behave in ways which can result in a life free of excessive worry and stress. And as the book will teach you, this can very much be learned.

The book uses a two pronged approach:

1. Each chapter explains a concept regarding how we think or behave and how that thinking or behaving impacts worry and anxiety. Each is beautifully explained and as soon as I would have a question it was as if the authors anticipated it and answered it. I never found their handling of a subject to be less than crystal clear.

2. Each chapter than concludes with real world exercises and tools to help successfully understand the type of thinking and behaving addressed in the chapter, and gives insight into how to change them in a way that results in a happier life.

I'm normally a skeptic when it comes to most self-help books, but I can't recommend this book highly enough. It's a rare little gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Helpful, December 1, 2006
For years I have been searching for a straight-forward and helpful resource to recommend to my patients who suffer from anxiety and worry. Now I finally have that resource with this great book. It provides sound, yet clear to understand advice on how to gain control over an issue that plagues so many people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accessible and effective!, February 15, 2007
I would reccommend this book to everyone I know. It takes the 'worry' out of worry by describing our innermost fears, showing us that others share them, and then outlining practical ways to deal with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Try it - it Works!, September 25, 2011
I have had pretty severe insomnia for years, and no matter what I tried, I couldn't shake it. Someone who I love bought me this book, because I felt like I was an "over-worrier"...worrying about my job, my family, my sleep, etc. I finally dove into this book whole heartedly, and it helped me completely rid myself of my insomnia. I haven't felt this good in YEARS. This book provides 10 short, easy to read chapters with 10 simple concepts that you can use to address and rid yourself of your worries. Through brief reviews of concepts and simple exercises, I was able to identify my major worries, and then implement proven techniques that changed my thinking and allowed my brain to finally relax. I'm not one to write reviews, but I feel so strongly about this book and its techniques, I wanted others to know it DOES work. I'm even buying one for someone else I love. Do yourself a favor - spend the $10, buy the book, and truly dedicate yourself to reading and implementing the strategies. It will be one of the best things you've ever done for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good resource, August 7, 2007
This is a really good book for those experiencing anxiety or as a book for bibliotherapy for clients with anxiety.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, December 7, 2006
I found the book to be very informative and full of practical, easy-to-learn strategies to handle a very serious problem. The authors teach you how to deal with anxiety and worry in everyday situations. It is an excellent guide that would be helpful for anyone struggling with chronic worry. I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for anyone with anxiety issues, February 15, 2013
Roni Weiss (Everett, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This book changed my life. In accessible language in an easy-to-digest length, I was able to see the patterns in my anxiety-ridden thinking that I never saw before.

Since I read it, I've been quick to buy (or recommend) it for anyone I know and care about that is struggling with anxiety.

I'm not a big buyer of books, but this is a good one to have around to remind yourself of how to prevent your anxious thinking from being your status quo.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 Simple Solutions to Worry, March 2, 2012
You can indeed be free of worry, even if achieving that goal is not quite as simple as the advice in Bobby McFerrin's 1988 chart-topping song, "Don't Worry, Be Happy." Anxiety experts Kevin L. Gyoerkoe and Pamela S. Wiegartz explain their well-grounded approach to understanding worry and its impact on your life, including your health, relationships and productivity. Their upbeat little book packs a powerful one-two punch that illuminates and clarifies the basic elements of "productive" and "unproductive" worry, and then gives you specific directions for managing and even eliminating useless fretting from your life. Using "cognitive behavioral therapy" principles, exercises and techniques, you'll be able to identify and change the negative thoughts that cause worry and begin to lead a more stress-free, balanced life. getAbstract recommends this small gem as a fine resource for working through your worries.

4.0 out of 5 stars simple and easy-to-read, May 17, 2013
This is the book my therapist uses for our group therapy. It's easy-to read, though many may find it dumbed-down a bit. It was written for the "lowest common denominator". It has useful exercise throughout each chapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Patients love it, February 6, 2014
Simple to read, easy to use.
Solutions can be introduced and practiced in session making clients far more likely to practice at home.
Most clients want simple, direct instructions to help them feel better.
This book offers it one step at a time.

ARRAY(0x97d9c318)