5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stated and an important message for young children!
Published on November 14, 2008 by Shannon B. Lipan

1.0 out of 5 stars Uuummm, am I the only one that received this ...
Uuummm, am I the only one that received this in Chinese?
Interesting, hopefully I can get a new copy before Christmas for my niece.
Published 6 days ago by Kevin Bundy

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stated and an important message for young children!, November 14, 2008
This review is from: 10 Things I Can Do to Help My World (Hardcover)
I teach pre-k and am always looking for books that teach young children an awareness about the world around them. This book nails it! The author keeps the text at one simply stated sentence per page with an option to read the smaller text if your child/children are ready for a more complex explanation. The pages/illustrations are very unique and fun for a child to explore. I can't recommend this book enough, it belongs in every classroom!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Earth Day, April 19, 2009
This review is from: 10 Things I Can Do to Help My World (Hardcover)
Bold, die-cut pages printed on 100% recycled paper demonstrate easy things that youngsters can do to help better the planet. The eye-catching yellow cover is a definite attention grabber, and the die-cut light bulb on the front hints at the creatively arranged pages inside. Laid out in the simplest possible terms, the book gives empowering advice for the very youngest child. On one of my favorite spreads, a blue-lined "page" covered with child's doodlings says, "I use..." and on the reverse: "both sides of the paper." What child wouldn't feel virtuously pleased with themselves at being able to do that?

The only tip offered in the book that I had a quibble with was the suggestion to unplug your tv when you're not using it... I know if I did this I'd have to reboot my cable connection and reprogram my VCR, which would be a pretty big hassle. And I can't think of too many parents who'd be comfortable letting their young ones plug and unplug major appliances on a consistent basis (but maybe that's the point? People should be watching less tv anyway.)

Some of my other favorite tips included "plant seeds and help them grow" and "sort the recycling." The final page features a night sky with a lift-the-flap revealing a colorful planet Earth with adorably blobby continents, "All because... I love my world." The bright colors and shapes made me think of those other greats of die-cut and moveable books, Ed Emberley and Louis Ehlert. Perfect for Earth Day or for any budding environmentalists out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars how i can help my world, April 30, 2009
This review is from: 10 Things I Can Do to Help My World (Hardcover)
The book gives good ideas to help the planet although not explaining why we should help the planet

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT RECYCLING BOOK FOR CHILDREN, June 5, 2014
This review is from: 10 Things I Can Do to Help My World (Hardcover)
One of the simplest and best books to read about recycling. The children at the museum LOVE this book. The book is even printed on recycled paper. A fact from the book: leave the water running during tooth brushing and you have wasted 18 glasses of water!

1.0 out of 5 stars Uuummm, am I the only one that received this ..., December 22, 2014
This review is from: 10 Things I Can Do to Help My World (Hardcover)
Uuummm, am I the only one that received this in Chinese?
Interesting, hopefully I can get a new copy before Christmas for my niece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Kids about Helping the Earth, July 1, 2009
Tinkster "Bell" (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Things I Can Do to Help My World (Hardcover)
The kids at my preschool loved this book and were eager to put what they learned from it into practice. It is very well written and the art work is just great.

10 Things I Can Do to Help My World
10 Things I Can Do to Help My World by Melanie Walsh (Hardcover - August 26, 2008)
$16.99 $12.75