Customer Discussions > Motorstorm Apocalypse forum

$10 Video game credit?!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 5, 2011 10:27:17 AM PST
I really wish there was a better pre-order incentive for this game. It would really make me more inclined to buy it. Anyone else agree?

Posted on Mar 6, 2011 9:57:04 PM PST
T. Gabrielli says:
I don't think a discount of a mere $3 here on Amazon is enough for me to order this one. Will probably end up getting it elsewhere.

Posted on Mar 11, 2011 11:40:17 AM PST
Tiny says:
How about no tax in most states and free shipping?

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 3:17:29 PM PST
M Carra says:
I have store credit elsewhere, but if they offered a better deal I would totally pick it up no question.

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 3:28:11 PM PST
T. Gabrielli says:
Yeah, $3 is chinzy on Amazon's part. Definitely will order it elsewhere.

Posted on Mar 15, 2011 7:54:25 AM PDT
I don't see why so many come to Amazon with such an entitled attitude. Yeah, I love the $10-$20 credits. But saving money on tax and still getting my game on release date is enough for me to give Amazon my money most of the time. I mean, why drive somewhere after work, or during my lunch to get a game when I can have it delivered to my work before lunch time and already have it in my hand before I even get out of work? It's convenient, and at the very least, saved a few bucks in taxes. $10-$20 credits is just icing on the cake.

Posted on Mar 16, 2011 6:55:07 AM PDT
J. Rivera says:
most triple-A titles like this one get the credit treatment at the last minute.. LittleBigPlanet2 was a Playstation exclusive and didn't get the $20 credit until the weekend before it came out. If you want the game, pre-order and if there is NOT a credit coming close to release day, CANCEL and go buy it elsewhere.. Amazon is loyal to applying credits to all former pre-orders when or if the game credit becomes available. If you are a Motorstorm fan AT ALL, you will NEED this game, like I do. And even if you are not a Motorstorm fan (not sure how you couldn't be) or are new to the franchise, give this one a try. So far, the developer's diaries and videos I've seen on my console have been stunning, and this seems to deliver in every way a Motorstormer can possibly imagine.

Picture this scene: turning around a bend only to see a skyscraper crumbling before your eyes and your race path, deciding there's only one way forward, racing on top of said skyscraper while its still collapsing, catching serious air as you leap off the top only to face a jet fighter shooting rockets at you whilst you dodge a derailing train and drag a rebel screaming and shooting his pea shooter as he clings to your car for dear life.

Any questions?

Posted on Mar 16, 2011 8:28:38 AM PDT
M. Vermette says:
Love MLB The Show but didn't buy because of the non existence of a protional credit, at least $10 would have been nice. Now I will just sit and wait for the price to drop, it will be a good next winter game. I will undoubtably be holding out on this one until at least $10, $20 I will order without question.

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 9:05:38 AM PDT
Dario Carles says:
killzone 3 also got $20 credit 2 days before release date... just wait

Posted on May 2, 2011 11:34:02 AM PDT
Any body receive any credit?

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011 11:48:04 AM PDT
M. Vermette says:
Nope and don't plan on buying it until credit is offered or price drops below $35 later.

Posted on May 2, 2011 11:59:51 AM PDT
Tru_Warrior says:
this game won't even be $59.99 for too long - you can bet it'll be down to $39.99 on Amazon and other sites a few weeks later

Posted on May 2, 2011 12:07:22 PM PDT
M. Vermette says:
No doubt. I am no longer pre ordering without some sort of $ incentive based on the history of price drops soon after a game releases lately. No point in paying full price anymore, just need to be a little patient!

Posted on May 2, 2011 12:23:40 PM PDT
J. Rivera says:
Diehard Motorstorm fan. Day 1 purchase. As optimistic as I am, Price Drops on Playstation exclusive titles are rare and far between, especially successful titles (such as the Motorstorm series). Games this great deserve our support as gamers. However, to those that are waiting, you have my best regards. Goodluck!

Posted on May 2, 2011 1:29:27 PM PDT
J. Gragg says:
K-Mart has a $15.00 credit going on it. Wish mine hadn't shipped or i would have got it from there.

Posted on May 2, 2011 1:36:35 PM PDT
M. Vermette says:
I like Motorstorm too but I did not buy MLB11 The Show without a credit and still will wait for $35 or less to do so even if it's used and will do the same with this game. But I did purchase KZ3 and Little Big Planet mainly because of the $20 promotional credit, even purchased Nascar 11 and what a waste but the $25 promotional persuaded me. The price of a new game should be $40. $55 to $60 is overpriced for 99% of the games being released with the pretty much beta content on release day, waiting for updates to correct issues which should have been corrected by release day. I'm not take any more chances pre ordering garbage or frustrating day 1 releases without a reasonable final price.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011 4:42:01 PM PDT
Terrence says:
Why not just return it and buy from Kmart?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2011
Latest post:  May 2, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Motorstorm Apocalypse by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (158)