Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Van Halen II forum

10 favorite VH Songs

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2008 11:54:05 PM PST
Ok, this may have been started elsewhere (to lazy to invest the time to see), but, your ten favorite VH songs (any era). I'm talking, stuck on a desert island and can only take 10 songs.
Mine (in no particular order):

1. Dreams
2. When it's love
3. Eruption
4. Dance the night away
5. Take your whiskey home
6. Panama
7. Hot for Teacher
8. Unchained
9. Mean Streets
10. Ain't talking 'bout love

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2008 10:13:47 PM PST
1. Eruption
2. Ain't Talking About Love
3. Mean Steets
4. Don't Tell Me What Love Can Do
5. Hot For Teacher
6. Humans Being
7. Panama
8. Runnin With The Devil
9. Love Walks In
10. I'll Wait

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2008 10:23:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2008 10:23:43 PM PST
Thanks for the reply. God, "I'll Wait". How could I have forgotten that one. Maybe I should have said top 15. Guess I could trade "Take your Whiskey Home" for "I'll Wait". Could live without "Don't tell me...", great song though. "Love Walks In", another great song, but could live w/o. I guess there's just so many classic songs from all the VH eras.
BTW, love your choices.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2009 6:57:26 PM PST
No problem. I wanted to mix in the two vocalists...Roth and Hagar, and some ballads in with the harder stuff. Pretty difficult for only 10 songs, as they have a lot in their cataloge. I don't know...I guess I'm more a Roth fan, than Hagar...but not by much. The Roth era was more "Let's party and score with chicks, as opposed to Hagar's...lets get sentimental and speak on intelligent subjects. Don't tell me...has a dark theme to it. Too bad it doesn't get a whole lotta airplay. Each their cheezy songs, each their awesome ones. But I enjoy both eras. VHIII I omitted...could never really get into that album, though "Without You is a good track". But not comparable to earlier Van Halen. I had forgotten about this thread, I was browsing through Van Halen reviews and I came across this thread here.

Thanks for the compliment.

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 7:25:23 PM PDT
Miss Beazley says:
1.mean street,2."dirty movies",3.one foot out the door,4.take your whiskey home,5.top jimmy,6.house of pain,7.d.o.a.,8.light up the sky,9.romeo delight,10.little dreamer

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 9:23:13 PM PST
Richard Ober says:
1. Unchained 2. Ain't Talkin' Bout Love 3. Ice Cream Man 4. Panama 5. Little Guitars 6. And the Cradle Will Rock 7. So This Is Love 8. I'll Wait 9. Runnin With the Devil 10. Hot for Teacher

Have only listened to the new album once so I can't include any of those yet.

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 8:33:11 PM PST
1. little dreamer 2.hot for teacher 3.black and blue,4.panama. 5. runnin with the devil 6.top jimmy.7 house of pain.8.jaimes crying.9 aint talkin bout love.10.and the cradle will rock.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Van Halen II forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Van Halen 2
Van Halen 2 by Van Halen (Audio CD - 1989)
4.6 out of 5 stars (211)