good for a 10-year old? I know it says ages 6-12, but all the reviews are from people who got it for a child about 6 years old. Would anyone think a 10-year old would still like it?
asked by seymoursgal on November 2, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
votes
My son is 9 1/2. He loves bugs! He is going to love this. I will be getting it for Christmas.
S. Parks answered on November 2, 2007

A
votes
My 11 year old daughter asked for this. She is not really a science type gal, so I am jumping at chance to give her something that might pique her interest in an educational type way. I did purchase this for her for Christmas. I don't know that it will hold her interest for a long time, that is my only concern, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Benni answered on November 5, 2007

A
votes
My 11-year old received this for her birthday in November. Everyone at the party liked it. They examined skin, salt, carpet, hair, etc. and finally got a bug. Several of the kids at the party requested it for Christmas.

My child does not use it often, but when friends come over they want to use it and my child it still interested. It is all about what you are examining, so give them something good to look at.
Meg L. Reed answered on December 3, 2007

A
vote
I AM 49 AND I AM GETTING MYSELF ONE AS SOON AS I CAN!!!
LONGTRANGBILL answered on November 3, 2007

A
votes
My 8-year old received this for an early Christmas gift. Once it was hooked up and focused, he and his 7-year old sister ran around finding for things to look at. My husband was helping to find things and ended up monopolizing the thing for twenty minutes looking at a dollar bill. So -I'd say it's great for "big kids" too!
Barbara L. Potts answered on December 3, 2007

A
vote
I just bought it for my 10 year old son for Christmas. I can't wait to get it myself!
Katherine Fronatt answered on December 4, 2007

A
votes
My 10 year old (almost 11) son saw this at Costco and told me he really wants it. I just bought it tonight and I think he will get a big kick out of it. It was the same price as Amazon but includes a stand.
Winona in Tacoma answered on November 27, 2007

A
votes
My son is 9 1/2. He loves bugs! He is going to love this. I will be getting it for Christmas.
S. Parks answered on November 2, 2007
‹ Previous   1   Next ›