5.0 out of 5 stars a must have!, August 21, 2014
This review is from: 100 Artists of the Mid-Atlantic (Hardcover)
Amazing collection of prints from some of today's finest artists! A must have abd great gift for art lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Art Book, March 3, 2012
This review is from: 100 Artists of the Mid-Atlantic (Hardcover)
O.K....I do not think I am prejudice just because I have the honor of being one of the artists represented in this book. I had hesitated to write a review because of that.
But, I am so impressed with this book and with each and every artist who has their work represented. Simply amazing.
What a great job E. Ashley Rooney (the author) did with the research, compiling and writing this book!!As well as the foreword by Charles Yoder. A thank you to Ashley and Charles and also a thank you to Schiffer Publishing Ltd.
It is an art book you will want to have in your art library or simply to set on your coffee table. The diversity of artists and art work is wonderful. The presentation of each artists work is beautifully printed in color. You will open it up often to enjoy and be inspired.
Best to you and yours.
Artfully yours, Sandy

5.0 out of 5 stars I wrote the foreword., August 11, 2011
11 August 2011

Re: "100 Artists of the Mid-Atlantic" by E. Ashley Rooney. Foreword by Charles Yoder. Published by Schiffer Publishing Ltd.

It was a pleasure to write the foreword for "100 Artists of the Mid-Atlantic". Being new to such a task, it proved to be a lot more involved than I expected.

My premise from the start was to connect the Past with the Present. The enormity and complexity of this central idea quickly became apparent. Over two hundred years of art, artists, culture and history were not readily wrapped around such a focus. The more I wrote, the more I needed to research. The more research I did, the more I edited. The more I edited, the more I wrote. This back and forth took three months. The result is a fairly concise history of the art of the region and shows its immense importance to the art history of our country.

It's been said that `There's a fine line between courage and foolhardiness." and the person who walked that perilous line on this book is E. Ashley Rooney. She deserves a lot of thanks and all the credit for thinking this up and seeing it through. Her professionalism and editing expertise made my contribution a lot easier and more professional. I also give her the highest marks for her confidence. Think about it: she selected 100 artists out of many, many others and then "herded these cats" towards the final product.

It is an amazing experience to go through this book and take in the stunning diversity of the artists and their work. Every genre is represented in all its complexity and originality. The solid design layout, the personal statements and crisp color reproductions present each artist with clarity and respect.

It has been a real honor to be a part of this publication and hope you will look for it in your bookstores or online.

100 Artists of the Mid-Atlantic
100 Artists of the Mid-Atlantic by E. Ashley Rooney (Hardcover - June 28, 2011)
$45.00 $33.59