5.0 out of 5 stars strong well built
this was for my son, he is hard on belts, goes through them fast because they break. bought this around Christmas time and now 4 months later still as good as new.
Published 22 months ago by Susan

Description states "Solid Piece Leather." What I received was a belt composed of 3 different layers of leather glued together with the top piece being a thin veneer so in actually there were only 2 layers of "support" leather. Very disappointing, but for the price of the item it's not worth sending back and I am left to just hoping I get 6 months out of it...
Published 18 months ago by Sha-Zam

5.0 out of 5 stars strong well built, March 27, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars nice quaility leather, December 28, 2012
Paul R. Carr "paulrcarr" (ArizonaBorderBattleground) - See all my reviews
This met my needs entirely. What I wanted was plain black belt of nice heavy leather that I could put any cool buckle on that I wanted. Perfect.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not "Solid Piece Leather" as advertised. 3 pieces glued together., July 13, 2013
This review is from: 100% Cowhide Leather Black Leather Belt Snap on Belt Strap 1.5" Wide (Apparel)

Note that the belt is very floppy and thin, and stretches by simply tugging on it so I have serious doubts as to its' longevity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected., June 14, 2013
I expected a stiff piece of thick leather, but this is surprisingly soft. Now, don't expect glove-soft, but it beats a higher-priced belt strap that I bought elsewhere. I had to make the holes larger on that other belt because I originally had to struggle with the unforgiving leather to release my belt buckle. With this one I have no such problem, simply because the leather is softer. This one also comes with the leather loop (my other one didn't), which is nice if you want it, and just slides right off if you don't. Snaps work easily...no struggle there either. The only caution I would have to say about this is that it not only smells like leather, like it should, but the dye used in it also kind of smells like shoe polish. I don't know if this means that it will make marks on lighter colored clothing or not. So far, I haven't had a problem, but I only wear it with jeans. Nice belt for the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best quality in years, May 10, 2013
I've purchased 4 or 5 belts over as many years and they all split apart where the real leather was "bonded" to the fake or lesser "leather", then the ends would break off in a relatively short time. I was looking for an all natural, 1 piece leather belt that would last. This seems to be it! Sadly, it only has to last for more than a year to be better than the rest. I expect a belt to last as long as I'm willing to wear it. It's wider than I wanted, but I'm getting used to that.

4.0 out of 5 stars quality leather belt, February 6, 2013
not a cheap piece of leather from the big box store, works great for holding up my pants! Gravity 0, me 1!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Belt!, August 26, 2013
RPP (California) - See all my reviews
Have bought belts from stores such as Macy's, JC Penneys, Kohls, Gap, and even Target. All were more expensive, but of lesser quality than this belt. Great quality leather with no cracking due to vinyl or othe gimicky overlay, strong buttons to add buckles and lightweight, which is great for travel. Watching for a brown belt to add from them too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied., August 4, 2013
Good quality one-piece leather, not that layered stuff that splits three days in. Hard to find in inexpensive belts these days. The simple style I was looking for. Been wearing it since and very happy with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bonded leather, March 18, 2014
This belt is not a true grain leather. I ordered it with the rest of the belts from the same seller. One big difference from the rest of the belts is that it is not labeled 100% leather. So it means bonded or built with three plies of composite materials, a rubberry foam type in the middle that recreates a leather soft feel. A rough leathery grain at the buttom and shiny black vinyl type or polyurethane top. It is deceivingly leather. It may last for a while but I just want the buyers to know what they will get for this purchase. I started using it and in 3 days the hole starts receding and shows the type of materials it was made. For the price it is pretty much the same as the real leather belts I bought from the seller. Just be careful it is labeled Distressed black LEATHER belt. Best for occasional but a daily wear belt, inquire fron the seller before buying, AMAZON customers has the right to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Leather, June 13, 2013
This is the second purchase from beltscom. Quality material at a very low price. Am now selecting my third belt from this company that advertises and uses real leather.