5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one book about weight loss, this is the ONE!
Published on February 24, 2006 by Karen Fraser

3.0 out of 5 stars Good inspiration but kinda cheesy.
I got this book because people on the Weight Watchers site were using it. I stopped after about two weeks. I was excited at first and did it everyday but the message started to get old and it seemed to be the same thing everyday... It was somewhat helpful but got a little stale. I read ahead and some of the things the author suggests are kinda silly or cheesy. I don't...
Published on September 8, 2010 by Karin Couture

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one book about weight loss, this is the ONE!, February 24, 2006
This book has been so very helpful to me. I have been dieting since last summer (have lost 55 pounds just by choosing things to eat that are better for me). This book addresses the emotional issues and habits we have that sabotage our success. I find myself repeating some of the "mantras" like "I don't eat it just because its there" etc. All I can say is that I have never written a review for anything I have purchased on Amazon and I just felt led to share my thoughts with those of you considering this book for purchase. It has been a real help to me, and I give it my highest recommendation. Karen F.

PS Update on review, 6/11/06. I have now lost 75 pounds and keep on going! I continue to read and re-read this book whenever I feel like I need a "boost" to keep going. I can just open it and find a passage (one of the 100 days) that helps me. This price is a small price to pay for a book with so much help!

PSS Update on review, 11/2008 I have just gone through this book again, and now have 100 pounds off. This book is a constant reference for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written thought provoking book, good for focusing the reader to stay on track, August 3, 2006
A 44-year-old woman that has struggled to lose weight for a number of years writes this review. The combination of too much work, and not enough sleep and exercise resulted in "excess storage tissue" as my darling husband likes to call it. If you have ever struggled with excess weight and couldn't motivate yourself to stick with a diet for the long haul you should read this book.

The book is subdivided in 10-day blocks as follows:

7. Triggers and word play

8. Growing stronger

9. Long-term success

10. Put it into action

This book is written in 2 page chapters that you are suppose to read each day. The author presents a very concise and thought provoking idea each day. Then the author asks you to think about the topic and what it means to you and answer a question or two.

By honestly answering the questions in this book I was able to identify long held beliefs that were not serving me well. As a victim or sexual assault in my freshman year of college I connect thinness with danger, subconsciously. This book helped me to bring these thoughts to the surface so that I could recognize them and deal with them before they showed up on my hips. I am not trying to imply that someone with deep-seated underlying issues is the target audience of this book. What I am trying to convey is that I think this book can help the casual dieter, or those that have issues that go deeper. If you are honest with yourself when you answer the questions each day you might be surprised at what bubbles to the surface.

The book is written in a very pleasant conversational tone. The author is in no way condescending, like some other books I have read on the topic. The ideas the author puts forth are very simple yet effective. If you are looking for an awareness of what you do that has caused excess weight to accumulate you will learn something about yourself and your habits reading this book. This book is also full of tips and tricks to keep you on track. In my opinion this is a very useful book from the perspective that it altered my thoughts about food. I recommend this book to anyone that is struggling with excess weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book I Ever Read, May 6, 2006
Kathy Lee (Brick, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
If you have ever struggled with erratic weight gain, inability to stay on track, no willpower, then this book is for you. It gives you 100 days of easy to read, easy to understand tips for success and help with all those problem areas. I suffer from depression and very low self-esteem and this book helped me tremendously. I use it in conjunction with Linda Spangle's other book, "Life is Hard, Food is Easy". Both these books have changed my life and my outlook on food. Food is no longer my enemy and I no longer fear the stronghold it once had on me. Do yourself a favor, invest in both these books. You won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, April 28, 2006
This book is excellent. I read it everyone morning. It gets me going for the day. I am a graduate student, and I am guilty of reading during class. A student next to me asked what I was reading, and I showed her. She borrowed it, and for about 14 of my 100 days I didn't have it. I had to get it back for my remaining days. Also, when I wanted to eat something that I shouldn't, I would grab the book and reread a section. The book is interactive and ,therefore, less monotonous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my attitude towards food and my eating habits., July 19, 2007
We all know the details about losing weight. If our intelligence had anything to do with it....we would be thin. I feel so disappointed in myself when I have tried to lose weight and failed. Linda Spangle has shown me that is not what I am eating that is the problem. It is my whole attidude towards food in general. Her motivational hints have helped me change my life style. I am not rapidly losing weight, but I feel healthier and in control of my eating. I am losing about a pound a week without officially being on a "diet". I did not feel it was necessary to read the book from the beginning to the end. I have left it by my bedside and read a few pages at night and sometimes I reread the same little section in the morning. Each motivational tidbit is only about two pages long. This book has helped me drop my membership in the "clean plate club". It has also helped me to "savor" a bite or two of the foods I crave instead of gobbling them down. Reading this book has definitely helped elevate my self-esteem. I had originally borrowed this book from the local library. After reading it, I went online and ordered copies for myself and my sister.

5.0 out of 5 stars Linda Spangle Fan Club Member, November 29, 2006
David Cox (Jonesboro, Arkansas USA) - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic book and Linda Spangle is an outstanding weight loss coach. I am a 65 year old male in the tenth week of a weight loss program and have lost 48 pounds. I have never experienced success like this until finding Linda. I strongly encourage you to read her insights and follow her suggestions. She knows what she is talking about!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Structure for Successful Weight Loss, January 4, 2006
In 100 days I lost 50 pounds. This book provided the guidance and structure which enabled me to begin this weight loss journey. The daily lessons were useful and led to insight and behavior change for this lifelong emotional eater. But this book is not only about "quick weight loss"; any program can be adapted and used with this book. I have just begun my second 100 days and look forward to rereading and working the exercises. Weight loss and health are a lifelong committment and this book was just the catalus I needed. I have recommended this book to clients, friends, and families.

Diane Hammerberg PhD (Licensed Psychologist)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Dieting tips, January 7, 2007
This book helps the dieter get through each day or hard moment. Each of the 100 tips is just 1 - 2 pages so it is easy to access and read. It is hard to come up with 100 good ideas for dieting, but Linda S has done it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend..., April 20, 2006
This book has been such a help to me. Before buying Ms. Spangle's book, I knew my issues with food were emotional, but I just wasn't sure where to start dealing with them. This book got me started and now I look forward to each day's mini-lesson. She doesn't approach the concept of weight loss with restrictions and all the things you can't do - she frees you to explore all the things you CAN do. I'm so very glad I bought this book - it's worth so many times what it cost.

I have already recommended this book to several others I know. I'm even buying an extra copy for my mom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Linda Spangle Rocks!, April 20, 2006
Beth Jackson (Phoenix AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I'm a weight loss surgery patient, and have lost over 120lbs. The surgery addressed me physically, Linda addressed my head! I loved 100 Days of Weight Loss as much as her previous book, Life is Hard, Food is easy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend both books to anyone looking to lose weight, regardless of if you have had surgery, or what diet plan you choose! In fact, that is one of the things I love most about her books--they work-regardless of the type of eating plan you choose. 100 Days of Weight Loss breaks it down into managable daily "bite-sized excercises" that keeps you from being overwhelmed--and finding yet another reason to eat! The book sells at such a reasonable price---it's an easy choice.

100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on Any Diet Plan
100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on Any Diet Plan by Linda Spangle (Paperback - September 4, 2007)
Used & New from: $1.25