5.0 out of 5 stars A Holiday Treasure!
This cookbook has many easy to follow recipes. The results, after making a few, were delicious! The cooking steps were very easy and able to be done without much difficulty at all. I also really enjoyed decorating the jars. I have received tons of compliments from friends and family for these unique gifts. For the upcoming holiday season I look forward to trying numerous...
Published on September 13, 2012 by Casey

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge disappointment
This book was not at all what I'd hoped. It's 100 recipes that include nut mixes, cookies, more cookies, and dessert breads. There's about 5 actual soup recipes and zero pasta meals. I'd you're looking for recipes for functional meals, look elsewhere.
Published 3 months ago by hal trapp

‹ Previous | 1 2 338 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Treasure!, November 13, 2012
This review is from: 100 Easy Recipes In Jars (Kindle Edition)
This book is just a treasure! So many exciting recipes, with step-by-step instructions on how to put the gift jars together. I have been looking for something like this. I can't wait to get started for Christmas gift giving!

5.0 out of 5 stars Always Have A Gift Ready, June 11, 2014
This review is from: 100 Easy Recipes In Jars (Kindle Edition)
Are you looking for a gift for the person who already has everything? Are you looking to find something unique for a shower or a special occasion?

When you make one of these recipes in jars, and give the jar as a gift, you give something of your heart, and you give a tried and true recipe that the recipient can share with loved ones when the time comes to fix it for their family.

Bonnie Scott has made this wonderful collection of recipes in book form, with directions in how to make them as gifts for others.
Never again will you be caught thinking what to give the new bride, or the new mother, or what to send to relatives who live hundreds of miles away that won’t spoil or crumble. You’ll now be prepared for the most hard-to-please member of your family.

This book is timeless, well-written, and extraordinarily practical.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed., September 14, 2013
This review is from: 100 Easy Recipes In Jars (Kindle Edition)
I was unhappy with the contents of this cookbook. It was mostly mixes for sweets, i.e. cookies, sweetbreads etc. I was hoping for more recipes for true meals in a jar.

3.0 out of 5 stars The math doesn't add up, December 31, 2013
I've done two recipes, and in both cases, the total ingredients exceeded the capacity of the recommended jar size. Like a bonehead, I didn't look closely before I made my first attempt and had to start all over again (and I was doing this with my toddler, so everything had to be pre-measured - for six jars - oh, boy!). But the book contains great instruction and helpful tips. So I would recommend it, especially for someone who has never made gifts like this before, but with the caveat that you need to double check the ingredients and downsize or upsize the recipe as necessary.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware, not everything is as it seems!, August 25, 2014
This review is from: 100 Easy Recipes In Jars (Kindle Edition)
I guess I should have read the title a little more closely, because I was expecting a book with actual meals in it, not just a bunch of desserts and baked goods. Also, there is a lot of prep work needed to serve these items after you open the jar. Just be careful what you're looking for. If it's meals like lunches and dinners, and for prepping/survival scenarios, this is definitely NOT the book for you. If, on the other hand, you want desserts and such, then go for it. It's a good buy in that case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes!, October 27, 2013
This review is from: 100 Easy Recipes In Jars (Kindle Edition)
Easy easy easy! Great gifts! Thanks for the online printable labels and so many choices! My granddaughter and I will have a great time putting these gifts together for Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes in a jar, October 22, 2013
This review is from: 100 Easy Recipes In Jars (Kindle Edition)
I really have to watch my spending but I like to have beautiful gifts for friends and family, especially at the holidays. This book taught me to make lovely gift jars that look so much nicer than if I just baked cookies for gifts. It's fun and inexpensive and something I would appreciate receiving as a present. The recipes are varied and simple and taste good as well. Great Read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and great label links!, January 23, 2013
This review is from: 100 Easy Recipes In Jars (Kindle Edition)
I've always wanted to package recipes to give as gifts for Christmas but never really succeeded with the project. Now I have no excuse! :) the links at the end for the print out labels make it very quick and easy to decorate the finished project. They look professionally done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockin' Out Gift Ideas!, January 22, 2013
This review is from: 100 Easy Recipes In Jars (Kindle Edition)
Synopsis: The author lays out 100 different "jar" recipes ranging from drinks to cookies that are perfect for holiday giving!

My rating: 5 Stars

My opinion: I love when I get great cookbooks for free on Kindle. This was one of those cookbooks. The author laid out the recipes beautifully, as well as the preparation to be printed onto the bottles. To boot, she had some unusual recipes, particularly in the cookie section. Each recipe had a picture that was included, some with several steps so even the most novice baker can put them together. Second, she gave very specific directions, as well as tips/tidbits for constructing the jars so that they look very professional. I also loved the fact that there is a website for printing of labels and such. Everything about this book was well thought out. As someone who is no longer buying commercial gifts but giving homemade goodies, this fit in perfectly to my plans.

Source: Amazon

Would I recommend? : Yes. Although I was able to download this book for free, this is one I would gladly pay for.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodies, November 13, 2012
This review is from: 100 Easy Recipes In Jars (Kindle Edition)
There are a lot of good recipes in here that I will be sure to try. This is a great idea for Christmas

‹ Previous | 1 2 338 | Next ›