4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you internet sell
These are great if you are going to sell on the internet, they weight less than 1/5th of an ounce, and you can fit 1 pair of jeans, or several adult shirts, or 4-6 pairs of kids clothes in one. waterproof, tough, I'm well pleased, I prefer over paper envelopes.
Published on December 14, 2011 by C Blackmon

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs better quality control
They need better quality control. Of the 100 envelope bags I ordered, I lost 6 due to the fact that the protective plastic strip covering the extremely strong adhesive was skewed so that several of the bags arrived permanently glued to one another.
Published on March 31, 2011 by KMH-OM

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you internet sell, December 14, 2011
This review is from: 100 - 9x12 Light Grey POLY VALUEMAILERS MAILERS ENVELOPES BAGS (Office Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price and good mailer, May 14, 2012
I previously used the paper envelopes with the bubble wrap inside, but these work just fine and they are ALL plastic, so more easily recycled by the recipient. I got 100 of them for what I was paying for about 50 of the other kind, so I am happy and so is my boss. Just be careful when you go to seal them up - they will NOT peel back open if you forget to insert something in there! Labels really stick to the package as well, so use care when sticking those on...if it accidentally gets one corner stuck and it is crooked, it will stay that way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs better quality control, March 31, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty, Sticky Adhesive, Excellent Product, October 20, 2012
I bought these bags for my business. I package soft items like blankets, clothing, etc. They add zero weight to packaging, they're waterproof, the adhesive is very strong, they're durable yet pliable and I absolutely love them. The postal worker actually asked me where I ordered them because she said they always hold up very well in transit. I strongly recommend these mailers. Size wise, if you're unsure, you can always order the next size up and then just fold over the extra, sticking the adhesive flap farther down the package in order to bundle it up for smaller items. I've done this several times.

1.0 out of 5 stars These were NOT the poly mailers I normally receive!, October 20, 2011
KSW "Karen" (Greenville, SC) - See all my reviews
I purchased these poly mailers from the seller FantasyBuy. The mailers arrived overnight (since I paid for overnight) and packaging was fine, no problem. When I first looked at the mailers I realized they were different, but I thought they looked pretty cool. The insides were black instead of the gray color they usually are. The outside of the mailers were gray, but had a different 'feel' to them. The big problem came when trying to stuff them. They are lightly sealed shut from top to bottom, and you have to work something into them to get them to open up so you can slide something in. This created a huge problem when trying to stuff things quickly since I process dozens of orders a day. If you go too fast they tear quite easily. I really HATE these mailers, but since I only ordered 100 and needed them asap, I kept them and endured the agony.

The other mailers I have purchased on this listing (from other sellers) just open right up without sticking. Due to this issue I will not order from FantasyBuy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints here! Would order again..., February 12, 2013
Ordered these to ship lightweight clothing articles for sale on eBay. I print my shipping labels on regular computer paper and tape them on the poly mailer using package tape. I've had zero issues with the quality of the mailers, the seal of the adhesive, or taping my own labels on securely. I'd definitely order again, and maybe get a few different sizes.

The only thing I can't speak on is I've yet to try self-stick labels (don't have any)...

UPDATE 4/12/13: Ordered again and this time received different mailers. Not the shiny bright white with the white peel off strip, but instead a grayish white with a darker interior and clear peel-off strip. These seem/look/feel inferior in quality to the ones I received before. They wrinkle easily just handling them. They are a little shorter than the first batch. Price has gone up significantly - think I paid $7.10 for the first batch and $9.89 for these. Guess the price varies every day. We'll see how they hold up to use, but not sure they deserve 5 stars anymore!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, July 10, 2012
I love the family of these envelopes. They are so sturdy, flexible, light, convenient and pleasant to use, The adhesive is perfect! I very much enjoy using them, and all my packages look so stylish and professional!

4.0 out of 5 stars These don't cure cancer, October 6, 2012
These cheap plastic envelope bags are exactly that: cheap plastic envelope bags. They don't have superpowers, they can't travel backward in time and they can't help you with your homework. Would you ship a priceless crystal vase in one of these? Not if you want it to arrive in one piece. Would you try to fit truck tires in them? Only if your truck tires measure less than 9"x12". Would you ship a sharp knife in this bag and expect it to arrive without puncturing the bag? Again, these bags are cheap plastic envelope bags.

If you're looking for a very reasonable way to ship smaller books or relatively non-fragile items, these bags are a great choice. If you regularly ship things out to people, you'll know that the best way to attach shipping labels is to do so before you put the item(s) in the bag. These bags are no exception to that rule. They add a slightly more professional look for you if you're an individual, non-professional seller like I am. I wouldn't mind receiving items in bags like these. The greyed interior adds "security" so some overly curious weirdo can't see see through your packaging. Again, this bag isn't a superhero, so your package can still be stolen.

They're plastic, so the light weight will save you money in shipping costs over time. Why do people & Amazon ship smaller books in small- to medium-sized boxes with a few pieces of air pillows to keep them from moving around? It's a heavier option, so surely it's more expensive. Over time, those pennies will add up to dollars. Choose this lighter option, especially for less fragile/precious items.

I can't give this item 5 stars simply because they're nothing great, so I don't love them. I like them, but I don't love them. Could they be slightly thicker and stronger? Sure. Could the sealing strip be slightly larger to add a more "properly sealed" feel? Sure. Am I complaining about the $8.39 I spent on 100 cheap plastic envelope bags? No.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, November 14, 2014
I "reordered" these because I loved them so much. What I received this time, however, was NOT the same quality as my first order. The poly mailers I received the first time were the approximate thickness of a good freezer bag. Very strong, but still lightweight....These are thinner than a sandwich bag and tore when I wrote on them with a ballpoint pen. Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 27, 2014
These work great, we ship a lot and this is a great cost efficient way to ship clothing or anything that doesn't need padding. It also helps keep water of the items I case it rains. The seal works great, no need to seal with tape. My labels (4x6) also stick and stay stuck to this well. I also put stickers with my company name onto them and they stick very well also.