Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on June 19, 2012
Even if you are not an opera buff, you cannot go wrong with this wonderful selection of opera highlights. Most of the arias are ones that everyone recognizes. There are a few I did not care for, but I would say 90 out of the 100 are magnificent. Be wary though, after listening to this, you may get hooked on opera for good.
on April 25, 2012
Lots of recognizable favorites and you can't beat the price. Took me 10 minutes to download. I was somewhat concerned because of the amount of music but it went very fast.

Excellent value. I recommend it to anyone who likes operatic music.
on July 15, 2013
Collection is fair selection of different genre within the opera world.

Richness of the mp3 music could have been better but this is for the price . . . way good.

The audiophile would pass . . . listening to in the car - sure, at home if you are into opera ( fill in ) - maybe, new to opera . . . good collection
on January 13, 2014
This is a very nice collection and a great bargain! A former musician, I've been a borderline opera fan for years and found this looking for the Pavarotti set. I read some reviewers saying things like these are not "top-tier" artists and orchestras but, thankfully, I ignored them and ordered it. It's a nice, balanced collection of arias, choral work and instrumental pieces. Real opera buffs may pooh-pooh this set, but for the average fan or neophyte, it's outstanding!
on October 15, 2012
Beautiful selection and great performance. I am a music lover, but I would not say a connoisseur. I have enjoyed this selection greatly. The only problem is that the titles/artist does not identify the composer, only the performing artist. So when I want to know what I am hearing sometimes i have to google it.
on January 13, 2014
For those who want to be exposed to a variety of famous musical pieces, this is an excellent choice at a bargain price.
I work while playing this collection and love it. The orchestras are largely from Eastern Europe and are excellent. Vocals are as good as you would hear in any large city production. This is a great tool to become familiar with a large number of Operas. Buy it.
on April 5, 2013
I am writing the same review for 100 Must Have Opera Highlights and 50 Must have Opera Choruses since they really are a set by the same quite competent, if unknown, Bulgarian company. The two, together or separately, make up an excellent overview of nearly the entire operatic universe. While there is a bit of overlap between the two purchases, without overlap they still account for well over 12 hours of lengthy opera highlights for the price of one bargain priced CD! Samples of almost everything are included, Baroque-check; Italian bel canto-check; German expressionism-check, French grand opera-check; operettas-check; Russian-check; Wagner, Verdi, Puccini, Massenet-check, check, check. Czech-check! About the only two corners of the operatic world I can think of which are not well represented are the second half of the 20th century and English language operas. I suspect the largely Bulgarian performers are not that well versed in those.

These two sets would not only be a great intro/overview for the novice who is unfamiliar where to start his/her opera experience. It is also useful for persons like myself who may be well versed in one part of the operatic world-in my case Italian bel canto and verismo, but less familiar with other areas of the repetoire. For myself I purchased them to get a sample of Russian/Czech music with which I am largely unfamiliar but want to explore. These sets gave me numerous samples from which I was then able to go on and make some reasonably informed purchases of full operas. While the 50 Chorus set focuses on that, the 100 Highlights included many overtures along with solos, duets, trios, and ensemble pieces.
VINE VOICEon March 29, 2013
It is hard to imagine getting all these wonderful Opera songs for such a low price. Even if you are just curious about opera, you should buy this one for your introduction. You probably won't like all of them, but I predict that you will really like some of them. And the more you listen and acquire the taste, you will be hooked for life. And then go see an opera in person, preferably a Mozart Opera. I grew up with Country and Western music followed by the rock and roll of the sixties and stumbled onto opera by accident in the late seventies. And now it is my favorite music - not that I've given up the music of my youth. Music fads come and go, but opera has withstood the test of time for centuries and still lives today in the hearts of many the world over.
on March 6, 2014
There is some really wonderful music in this collection. The singers aren't the familiar names you are used to, but they do a good job. You might expect a few better notes from the sopranos, but the music is still there. All in all, I recommend this album for value as the price is miniscule.
on January 12, 2013
It's hard to go wrong with this collection for the price. This collection is probably better suited for the casual listener rather than the Opera-phile, but even at that there may be individual performances that are perfectly acceptable for the specialist...