Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 100 Unfortunate Days - Illustrated
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 20, 2016
Note: I use the Goodreads rating system, so my two stars means "It was okay".

Okay, that wasn't at all what I was expecting.

I'm not really sure how to rate this book. There were times when I was reading it that I felt it should get three stars, other times I wanted to give it one. At one point I almost abandonded it without rating it at all, but then it got good again.

I settled on two stars (it was okay). It's a collection of random thoughts by a woman. And then sometimes I think it's a man, but then it's obvious that it's a woman again. But is it the SAME woman each time? I don't think so, because sometimes she's married, and other times she just has a boyfriend, and other times I think she might be lesbian.

Either way, the narrator is definitely neurotic, and/or suffering from depression and/or various other psychological disorders. I didn't find it disturbing, as the book blurb promised; I just found it weird.

Some of the things she says I can identify with, others I can't, because I honestly can't remember ever thinking that way.

The problem is, most "diary" type books involve the narrator progressing towards one clearly defined goal. At the very least, the narrator grows. In this one, there really isn't any kind of progression at all between Day One and Day One Hundred. There may be progression between (for example) Day Fifty-One and Day Fifty-Two, but by fifty-three, she's no better than she was at the start.

Maybe if the book were packaged differently. I like Flash Fiction, so I guess the days could be read as separate little stories, but that doesn't really make sense either, because some of them are barely a paragraph, and some of them are a few pages, and most of them could never stand on their own because they don't have a point.
on October 13, 2015
I have mixed feelings about this book. The book did get more creepy as it progressed. I also liked how it was split up into different days. The reason why I give this book three out of five stars was that I wish it was more elabrote and I also would have wanted it to have more of a narrative to the book, other than that I did enjoy the book.
on March 1, 2015
This is a book that I read in a matter of hours, and despite being a fast read, it is the kind of book that made me exclaim, "What the hell did I just read?" when I finished it. It is supposed to be the diary of a madwoman, but when I think of such a person, what I expect is irrational and incoherent ramblings. This book is so disturbing and weird that makes me think of a psychotic, possessed killer instead. This book just makes no sense and, although I know that every person has different opinions about the same things, I can't possibly understand how someone can love this book.
on February 25, 2015
I liked Absorbed, but this was a bunch of ridiculous scribbling. Some parts were entertaining, but it was NOT scary, not spooky, not even connected. Blah.
on January 16, 2014
Every day had something new to look into reading about. Of course I read this in one sitting since it's not that long. Though some parts were "morbid" or really "unfortunate" I think Crowe really captured her title perfectly.
on January 16, 2014
This is a very interesting book. It gives you a view into a not so stable mind. I'm certain it was fiction but it coukd certainly have been otherwise. Check it out. You will be glad you gave it try.
on November 30, 2013
This book read like the stream-of-consciousness diary of a woman losing her mind. I wasn't sure what I was getting into when I read it, and at first, I wasn't sure if it was fiction or the actual thoughts of someone suffering from mental illness. I thought, there's no story to this, but there is. It's buried in the ramblings. Strange and dark, this book left me with a heavy chill that wouldn't let me sleep even after I put it down. The spookiest part was that some of this madwoman's thoughts echoed feelings I've had myself. It was really frightening because it made me wonder if I was the one losing my mind. It is real horror, and real art. It's the only thing like it I have ever read. If you are a horror fan, this is sure to frighten you, because it's about the darkness that lurks in us all.
on October 16, 2013
I don't understand the point of this book. I read the description and was intrigued. It was supposed to be the thoughts of a disturbed woman - what I read was ramblings from a bratty idiot. There was no cohesion between the chapters. Yes, it was "weird" but it quite frankly didn't make any sense. Maybe there was some deeper meaning to the book that I simply didn't catch, but I consider myself a somewhat analytical person that can usually disect the meaning of novels, but not this piece of crap. Don't waste your time.
on August 23, 2013
100 Unfortunate Days pulled me in from the beginning. The set up of this book is extremely creative. If you're looking for something that's different and unique, yet dark and intriguing, then give this book a try.
on July 3, 2013
Not sure this is what I expected but it was definitely interesting! I loved the honesty. The author gives the reader an in depth look at the darkness inside. I would have liked a little perspective but very interesting read!