Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on October 15, 2009
This book looks small but in fact is very, very thick, so has lots of photos and images. Deals with the history of lingerie - with chapters on lingerie in film and in advertising. Fun, but treated as a serious history. Some lingerie is very sexy and some makes you think, why did they make that?
Very much for adults because of the mature subject of the book. If you are interested in lingerie, photography, pin-ups or the female form, this kind of fits into your interest.
on February 4, 2010
I picked up my copy at a Barnes & Noble recently and was amazed at how thick it was. This is an illustrated history of lingerie and I the main reason for me buying it was that it contains many pics from old lingerie campaigns. I love this kind of thing and to find it in a high quality book like this, instead of searching for original overpriced magazines and catalog on ebay make it all the better. Starts with the early days of lingerie and goes right into the modern era. This book is strictly for adults because it does contain several images of women wearing see thru panties, so keep this one out of reach of the little ones.
A book that brought back a lot of memories for me (I would peep at the lingerie ads in my mom's fashion magazines all the time back in the 70s). It's very sexy and erotic, but serious at the same time. A memorable trip down a lace covered memory lane.
on January 30, 2010
I have had this book for about a decade, and just purchased the re-issue and gave as a gift. It's a nice collection of photos. Very thick book, people always struggle not to break the spine.
on February 21, 2012
I thought when I bought it I was buying a book that would give me a detailed account of the history of lingerie. Instead, I got a book of pictures of lingerie throughout the ages (mostly from advertisements) with small but informative captions. Aside from a small introduction, it is cover to cover photos - which is great, if that's what you're looking for. Also, buyer beware, it shows everything. If you don't want a book lying around your house with graphic nudity in it this isn't your book. It's more of an extremely adult coffee table book than a historical account. It wasn't what I was looking for, really - so I was disappointed. It's also not really sexy enough to be a book of erotic photos, in my opinion, so I wouldn't recommend you buy it for that reason if that's what you're looking for. If you're indeed looking for a collection of pictures of old lingerie advertisements and a few professional photographs of lingerie throughout the ages, that's what this is.
on November 26, 2013
Sexy, beautiful and informative. This book was gifted to a fashion industry friend with an Agent Provocateur love and made her day and her coffee table. Petite and worth the blush of ordering.