Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 3, 2014
I give my senior dog his 30-zillion meds in his [canned, wet] food. Recently he started picking out the foul-tasting meds and dropping them on the floor. I am now putting the foul-tasting meds inside capsules to disguise the flavor, and this works great.

He's a small/medium dog who takes little dainty bites of his food. I was concerned that a larger capsule might be too big and he'd reject it, but he is eating his pills in the #1 capsules (in his food) without any problems.

I initially purchased size 3 capsules, thinking that if it held "about 200 mg" it would probably hold his 1/2 of a "50 mg" tablet--except I wasn't taking fillers into account, and the tablet is probably mostly fillers. It won't fit in a #3 capsule. So I looked, didn't find any decent packages of #2 capsules, and tried #1 capsules. I've uploaded a photo comparing the two sizes.

We get most of his meds from regular pharmacies, so they're fairly typically sized medications. He takes 1/2 tablet of most of them, and any of the halved pharmacy meds can fit easily in a #1 capsule, and he doesn't seem to notice that he is eating it along with his food.

I don't know how a smaller dog (or a cat, or a ferret, for example) might take the #1 capsules. They are pretty big; *I* wouldn't want to try swallowing one with just liquid to wash it down. But they're still smaller than, say, a pet treat, and if stuffed inside food they might go down easily enough.
review image
on October 1, 2015
My cat is now on 2 pill form medications and it was a struggle to get them down his throat every morning. They would stick to his mouth somewhere and I would find them around the house later in the day [not good]. The 2 half pills fit easily into the capsule [with room for an increased dose if need be] and, with a 'pill shooter' it goes down his throat easily and securly. The 2 sides 'click' together making them close tightly. I am very happy with this solution
review image review image review image review image
on October 6, 2015
Approximately how much can I fit in each capsule?
The amount you can fit into each capsule depends on the density of the powder as well as what size capsule you are using. The following is the approximate amount that each size can hold:

Size 3: 150mg. - 300mg.
Size 2: 200mg. - 400mg.
Size 1: 300mg. - 600mg.
Size 0: 400mg. - 800mg.
Size 00: 600mg. - 1100mg.
Size 000: 800mg. 1600mg.
on August 16, 2012
I have ordered these capsules twice now from Herb Affair, and both times shipping has been very fast, shipped within 8 hours both times!!

I make my own coconut and hemp seed oil/hemp heart capsules with these and they work pretty well. As they are not meant for liquids I'm surprised at how well they hold it. The coconut oil is solid most of the time unless we have a really hot day so there is no leaking with those. The hempseed oil is always liquid and I have minimal leaking issues with these caps, usually because I didn't get it snapped together all the way, or from overfilling the cap.
Overall this is an excellent buy for me and works in ways not advertised.
on May 20, 2015
I got tired of paying the escalating prices to have Methimazole compounded for my cat. Half the time I don't think it was being compounded correctly because his numbers were all over the place. I tried giving him Methimazole 5 mg tablets 2x a day, but he had problems with the taste. I discovered these capsules and they have worked wonders. I split the tablets and place them in the capsules for him and we've had no problems. I feel comfortable he is getting the correct dosage and I've saved a ton by not using the compounding pharmacy. $16 a month now verse $45. Thank you for selling these and the size 4 is perfect for cats.
on February 10, 2014
my dad uses these for ground up apricot kernels, a possible source of help with lung cancer.
the "good" kernels are very bitter, rather than trying to mask the taste we decided to grind them up and put them in these capsules, almost horse pill sized, a bit larger than the average multivitamin, still swallowable though.
added advantage he doesn't have to chew the hard kernels with his false teeth.
on November 17, 2010
Bought these #1 gelatin capsules for administering pills to our cat several times daily. This is ideal size for what he needs: 3 or 4 small portions (halves or quarters) of various pills all fit inside one easy to swallow capsule.

Our vet charged $15 for 100 of these (another brand). Obviously that was absurd. This was a good value. Including shipping it was about 2 cents a piece versus 15!

Herb Affair was great. I ordered on Monday and the capsules shipped "instantly." (I'm almost serious; I got email within an hour or two.) They arrived in the mail on Wednesday.

So product and service were excellent. I'd order from HerbAffair.com again.
on September 21, 2013
The capsules are all like they are supposed to be, and they all close easily without hassle or problems.. I've bought others before but so far these are the BEST I've bought.. because of the zero wastage and how the capsules go together with no problems at all.. This is bookmarked on my amazon list and for the amount of capsules and the quality PLUS you get a chemical and microbiological print out of the things they were tested for in the lab before purchase? I'd never use another company unless this one quit selling them!! Very pleased!
on November 16, 2014
We use these gelatin capsules to give Prozac to our cat. One pill cut in half fits inside perfectly. We bury the pill in a teaspoon of her food and after she eats that, we give her the rest of her food. If she can't smell the medicine she doesn't know it's there. Since she may be on medication the rest of her life, the large sack of capsules will last some time.
on April 3, 2016
I use this to make my own vitamin and herbal supplements. I use my vitamix dry container to grind my roots or leaves to a fine powder and then fill capsules. You can also use a pill machine to fill the capsules if you like.The pills goes down easy and absorp well into your system.

Also I purchase bulk supplements powders for certain nutrients like Vitamin B6 or better known as Pyridoxamine and Nattokinase a source of vitamin K2 and so forth.You can also put essential oils in the capsules a drop or two. Make sure it's therapeutic grade and that your oils are GRAS if you decide to go that route.

With the non-regulated allowance the FDA give vitamin and herbal companies you never know what you're buying so you're better off making your own from a trusted source so you can maintain your body and stay in optimal health.

The price is unbeatable and we all need to stay healthy especially since big food highjack our food supply by contaminating nearly 80% of our foods with gluten, GMO's and GMF's

I highly recommend purchasing this product.

****** If you enjoyed my review please vote this review as helpful and feel free to ask me any additional questions and I'll answer them to the best of my abilities ******