Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Color: Silver/BlackSize: 1.5LChange

on February 24, 2012
I bought this electric kettle after my stove top kettle needed replacement. It is great -- it boils water very quickly and turns itself off automatically which is a great safety feature. I did a lot of research before I purchased this model, I highly recommend this one -- it gets good reviews and there is no plastic inside the kettle -- many of the others have plastic viewers that are immersed in the hot water, I did not want my hot water in contact with plastic. I haven't found any negative aspects to this kettle and have been using it daily for over three months.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2011
I have always used a stove top kettle, so I was leery to try out an electric kettle. When I received the product it was easy to get going. The first time I filled the entire kettle with cold water and boiled it through. It boiled very quickly and the automatic shut off worked great!

One of the reasons I tried an electric kettle is because I could never find a stove top kettle that poured smooth and didn't run all over the counter. This product pours smoother than anything I have found and doesn't agitate the tea bag.

Over all this is a great product and I would recommend this to anyone.
on August 28, 2011
As one who constantly burned up traditional kettles, I liked the idea of electric kettles that shut themselves off. My first one was plastic-with the heating element in the water. While I closer to the concept, it was not really what I wanted. I saw this kettle design and I love it. It is stainless steel, and the heating element is in the pad below and not in the water itself. It heats quickly, and shuts itself off. The stainless keeps the temperatures warm for qute some time after shutting off. So, even if I do not catch it right away, the water is usually still hot by the time I want to use it. It looks attractive sitting on the counter, and is easy to keep clean.

Would definitely buy another!!
on December 26, 2012
I returned this kettle and bought Hampton Beach's instead. Two key features no one had mentioned that were dealbreakers:
1. It took 12 minutes to boil the full pot from tepid tap water. My stove top tea kettle takes the same amount of time.
2. You can't see the water level from the outside.
on June 27, 2012
I like the design and size of the kettle. I used it almost daily for about a month without a problem, and then one day it simply stopped working--it won't turn on. So that's a letdown.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2012
Who needs an electric kettle? The stove top kind work just fine! I don't need another appliance cluttering up the place!
I thought all of those things too. How wrong I was! I've had this bad boy for a day and I can not tell you how stupid I feel for not only doubting its awesomeness but also for not having bought one years ago.
Let's get into the nitty gritty:
It's fully stainless steal on the inside with the cap up top being the only piece near the water that is plastic. There is no funky chemical or plastic smell with this kettle. The heating element is in the base of the kettle, not the inside.
The water level markings, as someone else mentioned, are on the handle side of the inner chamber which really isn't that big of a convenience unless you want to fill it to the max level.'
*edit: I wrote here about the lid no securing and was corrected! The lid DOES lock into place with a snap.
It will automatically turn off as soon as water comes to a boil. I have a small studio apartment and can hear the "click" of this turning off no matter where I am.
You can set the kettle down any which way on the base and it will work, there is no "secured position" that it needs to be. Handle may face any direction.
Another small feature I really enjoyed was the cord to this can be wrapped up INSIDE the base and secured so that while not in use the cord is completely out of the way. You can wrap it around once for a smaller cord or twice to completely hide it. Such a nice feature since I have such a tiny kitchen!
It heats up pretty quickly, faster than water on the stove.

**Update 1/21/2014** This kettle has brewed its last cuppa. I purchased this August 1st, 2012 and today when I went to unplug it the grounding plug stuck in the outlet. It lasted about a year and half. Don't regret my purchase at all. I used this daily to brew many, many cups of tea. I thought about upgrading to a better one but the price jump is so significant I might just buy another one of these.
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 15, 2012
I first got turned onto electric kettles when I went overseas (Asia) and saw them in every hotel I was staying in- I kept thinking 'How cool is this?!'& 'I really need to get ones of these when I get back home' and I can say how happy that I have! Boils water in just minutes and I love the fact it has an automatic shut off. I use it for everything: tea, instant coffee, oatmeal, cup of noodles, and even just hot water to start the boil process when I make pasta. I know the last one was a little silly but it really does cut the boil time down- especially when you are trying to boil A LOT of water and you really don't want to wait 15min for water to boil.

Here are some tips for you: Remember to run water through the kettle a few times before you actually use the water. That way you can clean it all the way through. And also when your done using the kettle instead of throwing the extra water away, why not save the water for drinking? I stick my extra water away in the fridge to drink later so I am not wasting water. And my last tip is to always remember to clean/dry the top of the kettle. I know that it is stainless steal but you can never be too careful when it comes to rust. :)
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2012
After I received the Brentwood Kettle I noticed the underside of the box had a WARNING: Made with HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS. The warning was not only on the bottom of the box but it was also concealed by a barcode sticker! This warning should have been advertised more clearly. I then became concerned that the plastic lid that is exposed to the hot water interior of the kettle was made with toxic plastic. I called Brentwood up and asked if the plastic used was BPA-free? The customer service told me that NO it was NOT BPA FREE! So please people do your research and always call the manufacturers when you have any doubts. Corporations often don't care about the safety of their products for the consumer and will often cut corners at the public's expense. Of course in a perfect world these corporations would be more highly regulated and suffer more severe punishment than just paying fines. It is actually quite evil that they can make decisions to poison the consumer just to make a buck.
BPA PLASTIC is known to release TOXINS when exposed to high temperatures - and these corporations know this. Don't buy toxic products from corporations that bite the hand that feeds them.
Help make this a better world by demanding these corporations comply by honoring and respecting the people who buy their products by making them safe and toxin free. If these corporations want to be treated by law as individual citizens then they should suffer the same punishment that an individual would if caught intentionally poisoning someone.
We need a world driven by benevolence not cold corporations.
4646 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2014
I bought this kettle for my parents for Christmas last year. They're very consistent and love having boiled water so this kettle's gotten a fair amount of usage since December 25, 2013. Unfortunately the kettle seems to already have rusted all around the inside on the bottom as well as on the rim. The spout looks like it's starting to rust too. I don't think my parents have a filter on the tap water but they wash their kettle regularly. At this point I'm uncertain whether it's mineral deposits or actual rust since I don't live at home to see it for myself but I've instructed my mom to clean it out with a vinegar/water solution to see if the "rust" will disappear. I will be posting an update when she gets a chance to do that. Until then, this kettle isn't living up to the great reviews I read earlier prior to purchasing.
review image
on May 1, 2012
I received this kettle for a gift and was glad it was a stainless one instead of a plastic one. It heats quickly--faster than my microwave--and shuts off when done. I have been using it just over 2 months now and was very disappointed to see that the edge under the plastic top has rusted areas. Examining it more closely, I also see the beginning of what may be rust on the inside bottom. I thought stainless steel would not do this. What's going on?
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse