Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 6, 2011
Recieved the engine stand in good condition. While assembling.. my 15 year old son asked.. "How are these little bolts going to be strong enough to support the engine that is in our car?" I said -- I don't know? Maybe the cross brace just keeps the dolly parallel and all the weight is pushed downward...? Well... my son was right....our 650lb engine crushed the dolly. It actually didn't even fit our engine correctly. Tried it forward - backwards - sideways.. in no way did the bolt holes line up perfectly.
This product is a waste of time and money. It is not 1000 lb capacity, it does not fit our Ford.. Maybe I can weld it up and use it as a little table with casters????? Not worth spending the money on it to even return it. A word to the wise... if you need an Engine Dolly.. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ONE!
on January 22, 2013
I should have read deeper, this is a cheaply built stand with sub-standard wheels. I only need it to keep an engine around the shop for a few months before a rebuild so it is worth it to me, but if it is your primary engine cradle then go for the better ones at Summit or Mancini Racing, about 3 times the cost but they fit and work.
on November 22, 2011
So I purchased this engine cradle from this seller, knowing that I might have to modify it to fit my small block Ford. Item arrived in great condition, after inspecting the hardware, I deceided to put a more heavy duty set of bolts on the cross bar, because of reading from other customers that after they put the engine on the cradle it fails at that weak point. Having put heavier duty bolts on the cross bar I assembled the cradle. I went to put the engine and the mounts didn't line up. So my solution was to disassemble the cradle and hold the engine in the air on a hoist while I put the cradle on piece by piece left then right finally the cross bar, I still fought with it to fit but i didnt have to drill anything Its just a very tight fit. I would recommend this only if you're handy and don't mind upgrading the bolts and spending 30 min. wrestling with it to fit after that it held the weight of my entire engine without a problem oil pan to intake. A good buy for a price that can't be beat.
on September 20, 2011
Noticing that the bolts that come with this cradle seem so small, we drilled out the holes and put the cradle dolly together with larger bolts. So far it is holding the 460 engine, but none of the holes line up, the brackets are totally wrong, so the engine is basically just balancing on it. This is temporary of course, I would not trust this cradle without modifications. Unfortunately I bought this before there were any product reviews.
on August 27, 2011
Disappointment. Bolt holes did not line up for our Ford motor. This is necessary for the cradle/dolly to stay together. So instead it just collapses & breaks. I'm going to have to find a better one.
on January 15, 2013
you can make it work, but as my title says it is a cheap product and although I bought the blue one for a Ford 302 engine the holes did not align with the engine block, I would pass on this poorly designed almost pot metal aparatus
on November 25, 2015
If you purchase this engine cradle he prepared to have to modify it some to make it fit. If you can get them for around $30 shipped then they are worth it. For the people in the other reviews that said they have had it collapse on them, you MUST bolt every bolt in every position to the block, the block itself is what gives the cradle it rigidity, just sitting the engine on top of it without bolting it down will cause it to bent out and deform possibly collapsing. Now on to what you will need to make it fit. Dremel or an electric/air powered burr tool to open up the holes that don't line up, some holes will line up if you pry things around a bit so get a good pry bar. I highly recommend the first thing you do is grease the caster swivel bearings. The wheels do not have balls bearings in them, they have a sleeve type plain bearing so take the bolts out of the wheels and grease the axle sleeve really well, these all come dry ungreased, so greasing everything will make it much easier to move and maneuver around once you have the weight of the engine on it. I purchased 5 of these cradles at one time to get a deal on them at $30 each and had to modify all of them to make them fit. Its not hard to do, just takes a little time. I mostly just used them for shortblock assembles, sometimes a long block. But I have put a fully dressed out EFI 5.0l with flywheel and clutch plus some accessories and it held it just fine. Also have put full 351w engines on them as well. These are designed for 255, 260, 289, 302, 5.0l, 351w engines they do not fit big blocks or modular engines.
on March 7, 2015
Didnt fit a 302 at all. Die grinded every hole out. And then used a ratchet strap to pull them together. And then it Fit. So If your willing to do all that and waste a couple hours of your life than this is the motor cradle for you.
on May 22, 2015
junk ,junk junk. will not come close to working . I bought it assuming I would have to modify and did. Problem is the metal is so thin and the welds are so bad it collasped around where I braced it . only good part is the blue paint.
on October 11, 2014
This engine cradle is designed like the rest of them. It is very durable and well built. We modified ours to allow the engine to have the bell housing, flywheel and clutch mounted while on the cradle.

See 1 answered question