4.0 out of 5 stars Some original, some classic

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible book
Published on August 31, 2011 by Kishore Garimella

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible book, August 31, 2011
This review is from: 1001 Cupcakes, Cookies & Tempting Treats (Hardcover)
I saw this book in B&N and ordered it online. The pcitures were really good and they had good description next to each picture. I tried a few recipies in the book - cupcakes, muffins but non of them came out well. The portions were all wrong. My cup cakes cake out really had and had a raw taste in them. They looked good but tasted horrible. Later I found that the book said 1/4 cup butter where it should have been 1/2 cup butter etc.
It was the same thing with the muffins. I'll not recommend this to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible recipes - zero stars, December 30, 2012
This review is from: 1001 Cupcakes, Cookies & Tempting Treats (Hardcover)
My daughter was so excited about making these cupcakes. The pictures are beautiful but the cupcakes turned out horrible. Very difficult to read (small font). The batter was to thick and the frosting was runny looked nothing like the pictures. Would not recommend this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointing. Why are all measurements off?, February 11, 2014
This review is from: 1001 Cupcakes, Cookies & Tempting Treats (Hardcover)
I bought this because I want to get more into baking and decorating. I need easy and simple recipes to get started as well as lots of different variations and substitutions to keep things interesting and have lots of choices. That's why I bought this book, and looked forward to making the delicious things shown in the photos. However, so far I've been 0 for 3. The measurements of the ingredients seem to be totally off and every time I give this book another shot I find things do not feel right. I am halfway through the "ultimate sugar cookies" recipe - literally like 6 ingredients - and it calls for "scant 1.5 cups all-purpose flour". The "dough" is so wet I can't pick it up in one ball after being in the fridge for an hour. I have already added about 2 MORE cups of flour than what it calls for and it's still wet. The first thing I tried from here were snickerdoodles and they came out completely tasteless. I'm not even trying the complicated things in here and it's already a mess. Something is wrong and it's definitely not my ability to read...

4.0 out of 5 stars Some original, some classic, September 14, 2013
This review is from: 1001 Cupcakes, Cookies & Tempting Treats (Hardcover)
I had seen this book in a large bookstore, flipped through it, and then decided later to purchase it. It has some great new recipes that I really enjoy, as well as some classics that I already had. If you enjoy baking and like to try some new cupcakes, muffins, and bars, then I honk you will enjoy this cookbook....it also has some slight modifications to classics that are really interesting and I would have never thought of on my own.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like cupcakes, this book is for you!, November 29, 2012
This review is from: 1001 Cupcakes, Cookies & Tempting Treats (Hardcover)
That is right 1001 cup cake recipes, all of them easily executed . There is a recipe for every occasion imaginable! So dig in!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, October 10, 2014
great price

1001 Cupcakes, Cookies & Tempting Treats
1001 Cupcakes, Cookies & Tempting Treats by Parragon (Hardcover - Nov. 2010)
Used & New from: $0.42