This book was a big hit with both my daughter and myself. I was pleased with the large variety of blocks and the easy to understand instructions. My daughter loved it so much it is temporarily living at her house! It is a great book to help use up scraps and the blocks can be made into a great variety of items.
This book is suitable for beginners as well as...
Published on April 7, 2011 by Michelle

2.0 out of 5 stars bought wrong book
I was trying to get another book with many log cabin patterns. Didn't read it carefully enough. I don.t like paper piecing.
It is a great book for that. Not for me.
Published 19 months ago by tuppence

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 101 Log Cabin Blocks: With Full-size Pattersn for Paper orFoundation Piecing, April 7, 2011
This review is from: 101 Log Cabin Blocks: With Full-Size Patterns for Paper or Foundation Piecing (Paperback)
This book is suitable for beginners as well as experienced sewers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Log cabin with a twist!, March 16, 2011
If you love paper piecing and you love log cabin blocks you will love this book. This book contains 101 full size patterns for traditional and modern variations of the log cabin block. Most of the blocks are 7" square. Some of the other sizes are 4",5" and 6" squares, 6" x 8", and 7" x 8" rectangles. There is some instruction provided in the beginning of the book in case you are not familiar with paper piecing. That only takes up about 8 pages of the book. This is mostly a pattern book. The biggest tip I can give anyone who paper pieces is to use really good paper. If you try doing it with regular copy paper, you will get frustrated because it is not so easy to tear off afterwards. My favorite paper is: Carol Doak's Foundation Paper. It works wonderfully!

5.0 out of 5 stars paper piecing quilt book, March 20, 2011
This book has LOTS of patterns for different quilts and if you like to paper piece - it's wonderful. You should probably have some quilting experience before buying the book, but it's also great for beginners. The full size patterns make it easy to create something that looks like you've been quilting a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars 101 Log Cabin Blocks, July 13, 2011
Seldom will you find a book with full sized patterns for paper and foundation piecing all rolled into one publication. The patterns are beautiful, the how-to instructions are very easy and the know how included is beyond words. Thanks for all the information included in this publication. This book will be easily understood by a beginner quilter and very useful for the more experienced quilter. This is a beautiful addition to my sewing room.

5.0 out of 5 stars log cabin, October 7, 2011
my daughter stole this book from me and i now have to get me another copy. this is the perfect book for new to quilting, and is just fun to pick out patterns to sew next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Log Cabin and Paper Piecing belong together, April 9, 2013
L. Simmons (Denver, CO, USA) - See all my reviews
Very nice paper-piecing pattern book. I love Log Cabin piecing anyway because cutting strips of various widths is so fast and easy to do. Add paper piecing and accurate detail becomes easy and fast. It's a great combination. Some of the patterns are similar enough that I suggest the actual number of "oh I can't wait to make that one" is closer to 50 than 100--but even so, that justifies the cost of the book and makes it worthy of space in one's library. The pictures of "non-traditional log cabin quilts" are beautiful and inspiring...clearly, it is worth the time and effort to carefully plan colors and an over-all quilt design. Too bad this section only is one page. It would be challenging to make a single quilt using a good variety of different patterns because the patterns are different sizes. You would waste time and paper experimenting with the enlarge/decrease size function on the copy machine...or, you could frame individual blocks with whatever widths are necessary to produce a consistent size. Consistently-sized patterns would have been better.

4.0 out of 5 stars 101 log cabin blocks, July 17, 2012
Excellent!!!!!! I like this book! The product is perfect! Its very easy to understanding! The delivery is very fast! I wnated buy more than this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, July 13, 2011
This book is wonderful for scrap fabric. It is amazing what you can do with a log cabin block, Great addition to my quilting library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique and unusual designs, February 5, 2013
I was pleasantly surprised to see all the variations for log cabin designs that were offered here.
I am especially happy to see that these designs all have patterns for paper-piecing, which will
render a really accurate version of whichever pattern you choose for your wallhanging or quilt.
I only wish I would have had this book when I attempted to sew a log cabin valance for my dining
room several years ago. About half of the blocks were different sizes because I had trouble
sewing a quarter inch seam with my old machine. These patterns will eliminate
the guesswork, and give you a beautiful finished product.

4.0 out of 5 stars 101 Log Cabin Blocks, October 2, 2012
My book was delivered promptly and well within the estimated delivery date. I am really pleased with the book although some of the blocks are not as inventive as others I have seen elsewhere. I guess 1 book will not cover everyone's expectations, but it is a good base to start with and build up my library. It would be great if it came on a CD as well so that the patterns can be enlarged if required. I have this option in some other books and it's a great asset.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›