Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 101 Reasons to Love the Red Sox (Revised)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 11, 2005
This book has it all: 101 reasons to love our fabulous Red Sox AND 10 reasons to hate the Yankees! The fact that his brother wrote a book about loving the Yankees makes it even more interesting. My favorite reason? #101. A Reason to Believe.
on December 16, 2008
I am a huge Red Sox fan and jumped at the chance to buy this for fellow Red Sox fan as a Christmas present. When I got it I flipped through it a bit out of curiosity. It's really cool! It goes through all the reasons why the Red Sox are the best team to root for. There are some of the more obvious reasons(Curt Schilling and that ankle of his in 2004, winning the WSC in 2004 and again in 2007) and some other ones that maybe you didn't think about. What may be an even more fun treat than 101 reasons to love our beloved Red Sox, is at the end of the book the author provides us with 10 fantastic reasons why we should hate those blasted, evil Yankees. Having not actually gotten to read the book all the way through(it was a present after all) the 10 reasons to hate the Yankees may have been my favorite part.

Other important things you may want to note, the book is hardback, and the cover is very nice, as are each of the high quality pages. So, at the low price it is, what are you waiting for?!?! If you're a Red Sox fan, buy this book! If you know a Red Sox fan, buy this book for him/her!
on January 10, 2010
i've been a Red Sox fan since they signed Dice-K, and i saw 101 Reasons to Love the Red Sox at our bookstore for about $7.00 and bought it up.

the book overall is alright, but it could have been better and doesn't mention some of the good stuff that makes Red Sox Nation one of a kind.

For example, there is no mention of Dice-K at all, no mention of John Lester's No-Hitter, or Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline", which was broadcast to the world during the National Hockey League's 2010 Winter Classic between Boston and Philly. And the book is a 2008 edition, so it does mention Clay Buchholtz's No-No but nothing on Dice-K? Ellsbury and Pedrioa are mentioned as a duo but The Yuker gets his own number?

Also, Ted Williams is ranked #37? but Jimmie Fox #35? Curse of the Babe #24? For real? it seems to me the author had a good idea and this was the end result. In my opinion, here are MY top 8 reasons to Love the Red Sox, none of which are either mentioned or mentioned way later in the book.

1- Red Sox Nation, none like it
2- Curse of the Babe, this was the biggest reason Boston was known for
3- Breaking the Curse, Down 3-0 to the Yankees to win the Pennant
4- First World Series in 86 years, everyone was rooting for Boston
5- Ted Williams, he is Mr. Red Sox
6- The Green Monster, the single most iconic image of Fenway
7- Fenway Park, one of the last remaining gems of baseball
8- The Citgo sign, probably the 2nd most iconic image about Fenway

The book does bring to light several parts of the rich history of the Boston Red Sox, like the Citgo Sign, the Green Monster, the scoreboard and Peskey's Pole, just not enough.

overall, i thought the book was good in the history, but to a fan of the Red Sox like myself, i thought it could have been much better.

Fever Pitch is ranked #77, yet the film showed more Red Sox history than Field of Dreams and will always be remembered as the film made while the Red Sox were making their way to the 2004 World Series.
on July 13, 2008
It's a nice, glossy book, and it's so darn funny. It also contains some great tidbits about the history of the Red Sox. And the "10 reasons to hate the Yankees" section is phenomenal.
on April 12, 2008
Great book, a must have for Red Sox fans. Who needs 10 reasons to hate the Yankees, though.
on January 18, 2011
This was a Christmas gift for my son who is definitely a Red Sox FANATIC. He loves it. Has read it three times since Christmas despite his hectic schedule. I skimmed through it and may even get one for myself.
on May 19, 2010
Up-to-date, light book, full of picutres. Full of information? Not really. Worth the money? I don't think so. Quick and easy gift for a fan.
on May 11, 2010
This was a gift for my wife, the true baseball fan in the family. She loves it! (I've glanced at it and can see why. What a lot of fun!)
on January 14, 2014
My Nephew was super excited to receive this book for Christmas. He's still talking about it! His favorite gift this year.
on December 1, 2008
This is a wonderful gift book for any fan of the Old Towne Team. I recommend it to any Yankee Hater. Happy reading!