Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

I own a copy of Sue Augustine's book "Turn Your Dreams Into Realities: 101 Ways To Make It Happen". While using the "see inside this book" feature for "101 Success Secrets for Women" I noticed that the table of contents is *identical* to the TOC for "Turn Your Dreams Into Realities."

The content is relevant to men or to women, so I think the change in title and the very pink cover are just marketing strategies to try to narrow the target market for this book.

This book, or the other with the same content, are excellent materials for anyone who:

1. Is making a career transition.
2. Has always had a secret dream to become a ______ (fill in the blank).
3. Is turning over the idea of starting a small business but is not sure how or is plagued by all sorts of fears and insecurities.

The author is a Christian and the publishing house (Harvest House Publishers) is a well-known Christian (Protestant? Evangelical maybe?) publisher. However, the religious tone of the book shouldn't put off anyone who is non-religious (unless you are very easily offended by religious language). Likewise anyone from another religious or spiritual background would benefit from many of the very practical suggestions throughout this book. If in doubt, just use the "see inside this book" feature to browse the table of contents and the first chapter or so.

I think this would make a great gift to give a college or high school graduate (especially someone without a clear plan for what to do with themselves), or a newly-"liberated" (?) empty-nester who is now wondering "now what?" after putting off or delaying other dreams to raise a family.

If the gift is intended for a woman, I would buy her a copy of this edition, or if for a man, I would not hesitate to purchase the other edition titled "Turn Your Dreams Into Realities."

This is a very inspiring book, and is a practical alternative to the "Law of Attraction" books out there that spun off from "The Secret". I liked "The Secret", and its focus on getting very clear on visualizing the outcome you want, but there need to be some practical steps between where you are now and where you want to be.

Evangelical Christians put off by "The Secret" might like this book better. Being a Mainline Protestant myself, I pretty much keep an open mind and read everything that has an outside chance of being helpful. :-) I know that much of the material in "The Secret" comes from the Unity Church of Christianity, which is an established Christian denomination with a lot of ideas that would seem too "New Age" for most evangelicals, which is why I recommend Sue Augustine's books (& also Robin Chaddock's book "How to Find Your Personal Path to Success") as an alternative to all the LOA stuff out there to my evangelical friends and acquaintances.

Having said that, open-minded LOA/Unity people would probably enjoy her books as well, since she doesn't waste time attacking your spiritual beliefs, she just launches into the practical tips for making your dreams happen. Anyone can benefit from that.

Highly recommended!
on March 22, 2012
I LOVE this book. I bought it for my daughter last September and ended up keeping it for myself. Then bought her one for Christmas. She also loves it. Now I'm buying one for my daughter-in-law for her birthday.
on July 10, 2013
I am currently a few chapters in but this book has been very motivational and inspiring so far. Can't put it down.
on June 27, 2011
I am not sure how it happened but in my bill for two books I saw a new book 101 success secrets in between my order. Later I saw 101 success secrets was being shipped to me. I did not understand how it happened some kind of glitch, I am sure, but I was impressed with how quickly this seller got the book mailed when it was to be sent standard shipping. I was also impressed by the associate Tom who answered my email and allowed me to return the book while asking if there was anything else he could help me with. I may not have ordered from this seller but will definitely go to them for any future purchases. It is the people in the world like Tom who make shopping on Amazon worthwhile. I currently do 45 hours a week of research on antibiotics. I have little free time and am pushing myself hard. Being able to correct things with ease keeps my mind clear so I can focus on the my work. Thank you!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...