Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 101 Things to Do with Canned Biscuits
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on January 11, 2009
I like to fix unusual dishes on Sunday for the "boys" (48 & 24) in my family. Since I discovered this cookbook, they don't know what to expect. Adapting any recipe to whats on hand is so easy. I have fun making up my own concoctions. If there are any left over, a heat up the next day for a snack is convenient. I never thought a canned biscuit could go from plain to fancy with just a few tweeks. I have bought other cookbooks from the "101 series" and have not been dissapointed with any.
VINE VOICEon August 21, 2011
Appetizers, Breads, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Desserts are the sections of this book. Biscuits are served whole, sliced, cut into strips, or flattened to make wraps and pastry crusts. More than half end up as finger-foods - convenient for feeding the kids and couch potatoes and for party appetizers.

Ingredients other than the biscuits are mostly those found in a typical kitchen. Preparation is easy; and prep time is often five minutes or less. Including preheating the oven and baking, the total time from start to serving is typically 25 minutes. Remove from the oven two minutes early, and check bottom and top. Continue baking as necessary. A golden brown top may have a somewhat overdone bottom.

If you are cooking for four or fewer, buy the smallest packages of dough, which make ten biscuits or three to four servings of many recipes. Many recipes are for 6-8 servings. Use two small packages as necessary,

I have a collection of about sixty cookbooks and a gourmet kitchen but only modest cooking experience. My interest was in appetizers, since I have one or two large parties each year where preparing appetizers seems to take more preparation than the dinner. The dessert section, however, has especially caught my attention. The easy desserts will be my introduction to baking.

The book is simply printed with a spiral binding. There are no pictures.
on August 1, 2009
These recipes are so simple and tasty, and most of them can be made very cheaply. Great for a college student like myself.
on February 2, 2010
This book has a lot of great, inexpensive, easy to make ideas! I have become slightly side tracked by the mini biscuit pies... cherry and apple are my faves, but I do intend to try more recipes soon!
on August 11, 2014
There are really only about 10 basic ideas with biscuits - then a whole book of variations on the theme (I can do THAT on my own). It needs some photos of the finished products. Not a single photo graph or drawing (just a drawing on the cover). Fun ideas, but there are NOT 101 of them (not even close).
on November 21, 2015
I purchased this for my daughter who is away at college. Who knew you could do so many things with canned biscuits? The recipes are very creative and easy to make. Most are simple and only use a few inexpensive ingredients. The book is spiral bound so it will lie flat on the counter during preparation.

Overall, I would highly recommend this book as a gift for newlyweds, bachelor's, college kids and young families.
on January 31, 2015
You will find some old favorites and some new ones to try. Some I had even forgotten about. So far, I've tried several and my picky grandchildren loved them all. While I knew about many of these, the book brought all of these recipes back to the front of my mind. Great, quick ides.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2014
I love this book I am aways making some thing with canned biscuits or crossents to take where I go for the foot ball games and now they call me the Biscuit Queen so yes it is a hit with me and I do have a lot of the other book like this one as well and I love them all I use them a lot. Thank you so much.
on December 4, 2014
I bought these cookbooks for a 14 year old young man that I am mentoring in the Big Brother program. Every young man needs to know how to cook before they leave their Mom's home. You can only eat at McDonald's so many times. Easy recipes with simple ingredients, with clear instruction on how to make each recipe
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2013
I was looking for this book for awhile, of course I found it at Amazon. There are many different things that you can do with canned biscuits, and the ideas are easy to do. It arrived quickly and in great shape.