5.0 out of 5 stars Simple ways to extend your Rotisserie Chicken !!!
I completely disagree with the first reviewer of this book. I love it! There are just two of us at home and we don't eat an entire chicken in one sitting, but I hate to miss out on it and I don't want to waste any!

Published on February 11, 2011 by Susanmarie

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay
Published 9 months ago by Jacquie

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple ways to extend your Rotisserie Chicken !!!, February 11, 2011
This review is from: 101 Things to do with Rotisserie Chicken (Kindle Edition)

This book gave me all kinds of ideas! Yes, they were very simple, but in my opinion that is a bonus! For example, it never occurred to me to make quesadillas and I never would have explored that option if it had not been so clear to me how easy it is to make. I bought this on Kindle and I am glad I did. I can browse recipes anytime!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Everyday Recipes, April 1, 2011
This is a little cookbook with lots of recipes for using ready-made rotisserie chicken from the local grocery store. Of course, any chicken cooked at home will work well in any of the recipes but the idea is to save time by purchasing it pre-cooked.

Included are easy to make recipes for appetizers, sandwiches, salads, soups and stews, casseroles, pasta dishes, and skillet and stir-fry dishes. The author includes helpful hints such as recommending buying two or more rotisserie chickens in order to save time by cutting the meat from all of them at once, then freezing the extra for future recipes.

I liked the Zucchini and Chicken Bake and found several other recipes to try such as Nutty Couscous Salad, Chicken Vegetable Enchiladas, Orange-Almond Chicken, Green Olive and Chicken Tortellini, and Italian Chicken Sandwiches.

There are no photos but I do like that the book is spiral-bound and lays flat when in use. The recipes that call for canned produce can be easily adapted to using fresh, plus I didn't see any ingredients that couldn't be easily found in a local grocery store. It seemed that most of the soup and casserole type recipes could also be frozen for future meals in a hurry.

This cookbook is one of several in the "101" cookbook series from the publisher.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review but the opinion of it is my own and was not solicited nor was a postive review required.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some really good ideas., February 5, 2013
This review is from: 101 Things to do with Rotisserie Chicken (Kindle Edition)
Sometimes its hard to figure out what to do with leftovers and my family HATES them. With the 101 things to do cookbook they dont know they are eating left overs. I love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars love these little books, January 4, 2014
recipes are easy and fast...no complicated ingredients to contend with..definitely has good ideas for quick meals ...you won't be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars 101 Things to Do with Rotisserie Chicken, May 9, 2014
I gave this book 5 stars because it has given me a wonderful selection of recipes for Rotisserie Chicken. I was so pleased to see that there is a receipe book devoted to cooking with Rotisserie Chicken. I would recommend this to everyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay, March 15, 2014
Jacquie (Bainbridge Island, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 101 Things to do with Rotisserie Chicken (Kindle Edition)
Some of the recipes show good ideas and creativity but... I find that using canned foods just isn't all that great. And, too, with many recipes calling for a can of cream-of-whatever soup just takes away from the recipes. Anyone can use canned soups to dress up or create a recipe but maybe all of us don't rely on canned veggies/fruit to create a dinner. Not impressed at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Everyday Chicken, September 18, 2010
I was looking for something special, something interesting to do with rotisserie chicken but this book didn't have it. It consisted mostly of things any average cook could do with ready cooked chicken and would already have done. When I ordered it, I thought it was a nifty stocking stuffer or small gift at the $10 price and I still think it would be OK for that, but not a bargain at that price. Small but boring. Would probably be best for a college student or other young person in his/her first apartment.