Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 101 Ways to Boost Your Web Traffic: Internet Marketing Made Easier, 3rd Edition
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on September 6, 2000
I have to admit that I actually like this book. It is packed with simple yet practical guides for setting up a popular web site. I have read a few other web marketing books, and most of them are rich in principles but lacking specific action steps. 101 Ways comes with easy to follow instructions, which are immediately applicable. I find the idea to constantly test and measure your efforts particularly useful.
To test the author's own efforts, I did a search of "web marketing" in Yahoo! and I was surprised to see his Intesync site listed in the first category!! He proved to me that even with thousands of competitive sites, you can still find a way to be on top.
on July 16, 2000
As a Web site owner with about two years of Internet experience, I'm very impressed by this book. The author has done an excellent job in presenting the essential topics related to Web development, marketing, and promotion. I particularly like the companion site hosted at Intesync. It demonstrates many of the techniques in the book.
The first thing I do after reading the book is to pick 5 of the 101 techniques to work on (as suggested by the author). I select to create a Privacy Policy, add a "Tell a Friend" script, set up a mirror site using free Web space and domain name from NameZero.com, revise my news release and send it out using Internet Wire, and place a couple of Ezine ads. The results are still coming in. But I'm already excited about moving onto other techniques!
VINE VOICEon October 5, 2000
Building your web site is not enough, you must alert potential clients to it and encourage them to visit it. Buy this book, follow Wong's advice and they will come.
This book provides 101 web-site promotion plans categorized into ten chapters. It even has an implementation checklist to make sure you are covering all the bases and are rounding them in the right order. For coverage, click on Table of Contents in the left-hand column of this page.
Thomas Wong is a leading Internet and technology-training expert based in the Silicon Valley.
As the author of 113 books (including revisions and foreign-language editions) and over 500 magazine articles, I highly recommend this book to anyone with a web site. DanPoynter@ParaPublishing.com.
on February 10, 2001
In 101 Ways To Boost Your Web Traffic, internet and technology training expert Thomas Wong clearly and carefully explains how to increase the number of visitors (and repeat visitors) to a website easily and quickly; how to save time and money associated with website promotion; how to reach out to a larger, more target audience; how to persuade others to buy your ideas, products, and services while visiting your website; and how to utilize your website to your best advantage both personally and professionally. Wong's techniques are sound, practical, "user friendly" and internet market tested. In short, they work and work well. Anyone wanting to increase their website traffic, the effectiveness of the website for sales and services, should begin with a thoroughly reading of Thomas Wong's 101 Ways To Boost Your Web Traffic.
on July 11, 2002
I continued to be pleased when I find a product or service that substantially exceeds my expectations. I have had two within the last 5 years - 101 Ways to Boost Your Web Traffic is one. Mr. Wong's book is easy to read, easy to implement, and free of excess rhetoric. We have increased our web traffic by 1600% in less than 3 months, moved to number 3 position in Altavista, 31 in Anzwers, 36 in Google, 41 in AOL, 45 in hotbot - ALL from positions >200 in less than 3 months. The Center for Applied-Psychology.org...owes Mr. Wong much.
on August 1, 2000
This is an advanced book about utilizing Internet technologies and streetsmart promotion techniques that have worked well for many popular sites. It uses an integrated model of high quality content, user interaction, viral marketing and real world e-commerce examples to help your site gain more users. Most of the topics are not new, but they are packaged with creative insights and strategies. The author wrote with such an intelligent and witty style that I found myself enjoying the reading.
The book doesn't always cover all the details for each of the 101 techniques. But for the size of this book and the number of techniques it tries to address, I'm quite happy with it.
on July 23, 2000
Reading "101 Ways" is like taking a weekend intensive on increasing web traffic from a pro. I'm impressed with the number of useful ideas Thomas Wong has presented in his book. Extremely practical and beneficial. Hightly recommended.
on July 24, 2001
I like the practical strategies in the book. Given the economic downturn, it's even more important for small businesses to invest more efforts in marketing and sales.
As expected, a few of the Web resources listed in the book are no longer valid. However, all of the information is still current. (The book is last revised in January of this year).
A good read and well worth my money.
on December 4, 2002
Hi, I'm a web developer serving small businesses in the Chicago area. I learned of this book from my client Bob. Normally, my clients need some handholding. However, Bob seemed to know exactly what he wanted and could clearly articulate it. Out of my curiosity, I borrowed the book and read it through. Now, I'm here to get my own copy. 101 Ways impressed me for its comprehensive listing of web development and promotion strategies. I would gladly recommend it to all my clients because it would motivate them to send more business to me!!
on September 6, 2003
Contrary to the two negative reviews posted here, I found each of the 101 techniques to be unique and effective. For examples, the book discussed viral marketing, pay-per-click services, search engine listings, use of webcam, banner exchange programs, web rings, target marketing, affiliate programs, web traffic monitoring software, etc. in great details. It's simply the most comprehensive web development and marketing bible I have ever read.
What I like the most about this book is that you can easily check out the example tools listed in there to better understand how each of the techniques works. You can see them deployed at Yahoo!, Google, and many other business sites.
My advice is not to let poor reviews deter your decision to buy this book. Test it out for yourself. You can always get a refund if you don't "like" it.