5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for learning and inspiration
The book covers basic wire earrings. It starts with a wire primer and a great table of gauges for basic wire shapes, goes into the tools you'll use to create the projects in the book, and into the construction methods.
Published on August 6, 2009 by Shala Kerrigan

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPOINTING
I bought the book for the cover and the title, and because there's no bad review about it.
Published on September 29, 2009 by La Roche

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for learning and inspiration, August 6, 2009
This review is from: 101 Wire Earrings: Step-by-Step Projects & Techniques (Paperback)
The construction methods was where I started getting excited. It goes past basic wire wrapping skills into shaping with hammers and piercing wire. The basic techniques instruction isn't skimped on either, so if you haven't learned how to make a nice neat wrapped loop yet, you'll find good instructions here.
The projects are simple stylized shapes for the most part. If you're looking for instructions for the swirly style of wire work, this isn't the book for you. But if you're looking for nice wearable elegant shapes, this book has them.
Most of the earrings have handmade earring hooks, or the hooks are part of the design, which I like a lot, and all the projects with beads have bead types that should be easy to find at your local bead shop or online. Nothing too exotic or very expensive, and also, most of the wire used is standard gauges and types.
It's a great book for beginners, or for people who are looking for fairly instant gratification and maybe a new way of thinking of wire shapes for earring design. Also, a lot of the earring wires are in uncommon shapes that may be perfect for a pair of seed bead earrings you are making instead of using commercial earring wires.
My personal favorites in the book are the Marquis shaped earrings on page 35 which remind me strongly of the sorts of earrings my mother use to wear, and I love the great shape of the earring wires on the Primitive Wheels earring design on page 63.

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPOINTING, September 29, 2009
La Roche (Las Palmas, Spain) - See all my reviews
I don't know how beginers are going to find it, but I showed it to a friend who really likes to wear earrings, and she did not like a single one. They are just too common and too simple. There's no single pair of earrings that you can't find how to do them searching on google.

PS: I'ms sorry if my english is not very good, but it's not my first spoken lenguage

3.0 out of 5 stars Nicely Designed, January 30, 2010
The introduction of the book gives good, basic instructions for making wire earrings. Most of the designs featured are embellished with beads, crystals, etc. The book is very well presented with clear, beautiful photos of the finished earring designs and a comprehensive list of instructions and materials needed. However, I gave the book a 3-star rating based on the fact that out of all 101 earrings, featured, I found only 6 to 10 designs to be ones that I would be interested in making or modifying. I was hoping for a book with 101 absolutely smashing designs and these didn't hit the mark, at least not for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt provide adequate pictorals for the instructions, November 2, 2010
I found that the book didn't provide photos depicting the step by step process in the instructions . They only provide an end photo with a series of written instructions. Definitely not for a beginner . I also found that the range in designs were very flat. Overall i could have kept my money and purchased another book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Look before you buy, December 8, 2009
B. Burkett (Texas Gulf Coast) - See all my reviews
101 Wire Earrings, surely I would find some earrings in this book that would appeal to me. So I ordered without looking at it. Since I receive it I've looked at it at least five times and find hardly any inspiration in it. The projects are very simple, mostly one bead and a very simple use of wire. A large portion of projects are practically the same with only slight variation. Many of them feature disk beads turned vertically, ring-beads and metal rings. The most creative part of the designs is how the earrings are made to attach to the ear.

In many of the wire designs, workmanship is mostly ignored. In fact even the directions describe wrapping wire "messily" or "sloppily' in some links. The projects "Confetti" and "Steel Starbursts" look like projects that my elementary school grandaughters would make as they were playing with my left over wire. Now I know there is a style that features "informal, not tidy" wirewrapping. That is OK if it is one's style, not what one resorts to in lieu of practice.

This book seems to me to be used to attract would be wirewrappers who have very limited or no experience and want to make a few earrings but don't intend to spend the time or energy to perfect their technique. I have been wirewrapping for about 2 years and claim to be an intermediate to advanced wirewrapper. I don't claim to have mastered perfection and I prefer books that set the example of good technique, that remind me of the importance of using good workmanship not easy workmanship.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing!, January 30, 2013
I hate it when a book looks so cool, I wait for it excitedly, and then open it up to find... not much! What you see on the cover is about it. I was very disappointed all around... not much to the designs and almost no instruction or photos of work-in-progress. I really love wire earrings, especially if they look hand-crafted and unique. But this book provides so little in actual know-how that I will have to look elsewhere for guidance. Design-wise, I can do better on my own. This book is a waste of money. I wish I had read this review before ordering!

4.0 out of 5 stars Thinking about quitting my day job..., February 1, 2010
Well, maybe just for a few moments anyway. I made lots of earrings since getting this book. I made some of them as if I was following a recipe and then I threw caution to the wind and began to trust my creative instincts and that's when I really started having fun! This was the first book on jewelry-making I bought. The photos and directions in the beginning of the book are very easy to follow. If I can do this, anyone can!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Repetitive, gaudy, November 15, 2009
zipper "Gina" (Mountain View, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I was disappointed with the examples given in this book and all the earrings spin off of these. For my individual taste the earrings are too simplistic, gaudy, mostly coils, wraps, and a dangling bead or two. She gives you 10 pages of basic techniques, which can be helpful to the early beginner. I cannot return the book as my dislike for the styles is not a reasonable option for its return. For me personally, it was a waste of money.

3.0 out of 5 stars more pictures, February 6, 2011
I love book with the finished project just wish there was smaller pictures that show some of the details that are required... that would be nice

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Denise Peck's books, September 25, 2010
I fell in love with this book at the library and got mad every time I had to return it!! So I just had to have it in my personal library! I also bought the other one and I understand she has another one coming out soon! I am breathlessly anticipating the third one!!!

101 Wire Earrings: Step-by-Step Projects & Techniques
101 Wire Earrings: Step-by-Step Projects & Techniques by Denise Peck (Paperback - August 1, 2009)
Used & New from: $3.99