5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek little machine
The ASUS Eee PC has come a long way since its launch in 2007. This netbook is a sleek little machine. The keyboard has a good feel to it, and the Intel Atom processor gets the job done. Better yet, it's thin, light, and very portable.
Published on August 19, 2012 by Larry

3.0 out of 5 stars good netbook
good netbook for the price. unfortunately the memory is attached so you have to have some skills at repair to upgrade or send it to the shop. sending it to ASUS will run about 80 bucks for upgrading memory to 2 gig, and 15 shipping both ways so.....
Published 20 months ago by Pam@Grands

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for homework or surfing the web, October 14, 2012
This review is from: ASUS 1025C-BBK301 Eee PC Netbook Computer / 10-inch Display Screen / Intel Atom N2600 1.6 GHz Dual-core Processor / 1GB DDR3 RAM Memory / 320GB Hard Drive / 3-cell Battery / Webcam / HDMI / Windows 7 Starter / Black (Personal Computers)
Purchased this netbook as a replacement for a laptop. Primarily used to access high school Blackboard content and surf the web. This little unit is perfect for this type of use. The battery lasts approximately 3.5 hours of continuous use on a charge. It is compact (10 inch screen) and very light. It does not have a built in CD/DVD player so if that's important to you look elsewhere. Additionally, it's also wise to invest in a thumb drive to store your downloaded material. My only personal drawback is the small size keyboard. I have large hands and it's not as easy to type onn this unit as with a regular size laptop. For under $300, this is an excellent purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek little machine, August 19, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little netbook, October 8, 2012
Lola (Nashville USA) - See all my reviews
This is our second ASUS Netbook and it is a good little portable computer. The process was flawless. We got it in a timely manner and it works well. The only complaint is that adding additional memory to the laptop is very difficult. I did not want to take it appart and it ran well with one gig of ram so I wasted the money on the additional memory.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Netbook........with 2GB Ram, January 5, 2013
I really like this computer....after upgrade. The computer I received had 1GB Ram and a 3 cell battery. The reviews that I read prior to purchase indicated that 2GB RAM was recommended for optimal use and that upgrading the unit with 1GB would necessitate taking the computer apart. There is an excellent YouTube video available that provides step by step instructions for making the upgrade. Be advised that this will void the warranty. There is a model available with the 2GB RAM already installed, so you may want to start there, although depending on the price, getting the 1GB model and doing the upgrade yourself may be more cost effective.

Upon receiving the computer, I uninstalled everything that I did not want/need on the computer to allow it to run faster as well as using a flash drive to improve speed. However, these measures did not sufficiently improve speed and using the computer was frustrating. It is true that the additional memory is necessary. I was reluctant to make the upgrade as I had never before ventured to take apart a computer and was concerned that I would make a serious mistake. Finally, I was exasperated enough with the sluggishness of the computer to take the plunge and install the 2GB Ram I had purchased (approx. $15). The end result was so very worthwhile! I am VERY happy with the computer now. It is just the right size to carry with me and has all the capabilities that I need to get work done while I am on the road.

Here are some tips for doing the upgrade. (Remember, this is all at your own risk!!) Upload the instructional YouTube (Title: Asus 1025c Ram Upgrade)to a separate computer that you can watch while working on the netbook. This is especially helpful as you can pause/rewind the video while working on specific steps. Take your time, follow all the steps carefully and make sure your environment is free of distractions. Installing the RAM card is straightforward in application, but I discovered that it really needs to be fully pressed into place to be properly installed. This I found out after completely reassembling and turning on...(sigh). It had appeared to be in place, but was not fully seated. Take careful notice of the position of the card that you are removing so that you will position the new card the same way. It really needs to be fully positioned into place....gently. So, word to the wise. Do not snap keyboard back into place until you have tested it first to see if it works.

I now successfully run several programs including full Microsoft Office Home and Student and webbuilding software.

If you have a choice, get the model with the 6 cell battery. The 3 cell is OK offering between 3 to 4 hours of use, but the 6 cell can provide double or more of unplugged productivity. Purchasing a 6 cell battery later as an upgrade will cost between $70-$80.

Note: Upon delivery of your purchase, check immediately that all specs on the received computer match the description. The computer I received had a 3 cell battery, rather than the 6 cell battery described. Fortunately, I connected with a customer rep at Amazon who I was able to work with to get an adjustment.

One final note. I had anticipated buying a tablet to use while on the road. However, while there are many apps that claim to do an excellent job of mimicking Microsoft Office capabilities, I have been disappointed with all that I have tried, especially as I work with complex PowerPoint slides. More tablets have recently been released with Windows 8 capabilities, so this may become the standard as a tablet workhorse. Currently, the prices are still high, thus the ASUS netbook is a well priced solution. It also has the extras that so many tablets are missing such as usb ports, HDMI, 320GB hard drive and media card slot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Asus 1025c netbook, October 8, 2012
Quite a handy, easy to carry computer that's relatively feature-packed for the price. My only qualm is that it isn't as quick as I thought; maybe it's because I'm so used to my MacBook Pro plus I expected too much from the Intel dual-core processor; I prefer Intel over AMD. Otherwise it's got rather impressive storage capacity for its size and price, and its got a fairly substantial feel. For those who intend to use this as a primary computer, save your money and get a bigger laptop instead. We got this as a secondary computer (in case our other computers were being used or repaired) and this ASUS fills the bill perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for writing, January 8, 2013
I am an attorney turned writer who depends on my word processing system for my livelihood. My laptop crashed in the midst of an emergency script rewrite and I needed an immediate replacement that could handle my ASUS monitor, but small enough to take on set. This machine is a featherweight - with its chiclet keyboard,dual-core processor, and the HDMI - it had everything I needed. Word and Final Draft run without a hitch; the graphics performance is excellent; the wi-fi and internet run fine. All this performance right out of the box and without adding memory and for under $250. An incredible value.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Much Bad Information about this Netbook, July 26, 2013
Dog Lover (Minneapolis, MN, USA) - See all my reviews
While I am a Prime customer who buys tons of stuff from Amazon, I bought my Asus Eee PC 1025c slightly used from a geek. This is just to let you know what is possible. In my configuration, I love it. I should mention that I am a tablet owner, but I think a small PC has it all over a tablet for real work.

First of all, the 1025c does take 2gb of compatible memory. My chip is made by Crucial. Second, using the 320gb hard drive, he set up a 10gb virtual drive to help memory performance. Third, he added Windows 7 Pro (32-bit). Fourth, he cleaned out bloatware.

Don't forget, you can adjust running efficiency from maximum battery life to maximum performance. When it's plugged in, mine is always set to maximum performance. I will just use the maximum battery life setting on plane trips. In this configuration, this is a perfectly functional PC. It's no match for my Asus gaming machine, but it's also about 1/4th the weight and 20% of the cost. I run Word and Excel (with some massive spreadsheets) with no problems whatsoever. I have even loaded a huge MMORPG that will run on this machine, although admittedly slowly - but it does run. I have not had any video issues.

There are plenty of other reviews, so I will just add my biggest pro and con.

Pro: The anti-glare screen is absolutely fantastic. It's such a pleasure to not work on a mirror. I want to see what's on my screen, not everything behind me. Not only is the screen anti-glare, the entire frame has a matte finish that does not reflect light. For eye comfort, this is the best PC I have owned.

Con: No caps lock indicator. O.K., this one is not fatal, but it is an annoyance. With the downsized keyboard of a netbook, hitting capslock inadvertently happens a bit. It's a particular pain when entering passwords where your typing is hidden.

Bottom line: In my opinion, Asus did not send this out the door in an ideal configuration. But fix that and it's a great little travel companion.

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs instruction manual, January 30, 2013
This computer arrived with no documentation whatsoever. While it has a qwerty keyboard, I am having difficulty understanding how or when some of the keys do what they do. IE, when I try to exit a screen, and put the cursor on the X, I can't use the enter key to execute the command. I have to hit the bar at the bottom and often more than once. There are other deficiencies such as this. I think it's because I don't know how to use it. I need a manual.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken screen, January 27, 2013
I bought two of these as christmas presents, and one had a broken screen. I sent it back and Asus tells me it's my fault. I spent $250 for a broken computer, awesome asus customer service there.

3.0 out of 5 stars good netbook, January 22, 2013