5.0 out of 5 stars easiest circle I ever cut out
I am a quilter and purchased the Ofa circle cutter with the intention of cutting circles out of fabric. Primarily, I use quilting cotton of good quality which is ironed, but not starched. The reviews I saw left me wondering if this would really work. However, I decided to take a chance.

My first circles, oddly enough, were of t-shirt material. This is not...
Published on April 3, 2010 by H Hartsoch

3.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job, but...
The service from this seller was GREAT! Great price, great packaging and fast shipping.

However, for lighter crafts I will not use this item. I found a round cutter by Martha Stewart that I like MUCH better.

Published on June 7, 2011 by Blonda

5.0 out of 5 stars easiest circle I ever cut out, April 3, 2010
H Hartsoch (Heflin, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OLFA 1057028 CMP-3 Rotary Circle Cutter (Tools & Home Improvement)

My first circles, oddly enough, were of t-shirt material. This is not a fabric I normally work with because of the way that it stretches and moves. However, even without a practice run and even with a less than ideal fabric, I cut perfect circles from the beginning. I kept one hand over the pivot point that is the center of the circle and one hand on the handle that moves the cutter around the circle. My worst circle was off by just a smidgeon and the "error" was easily hidden in the quarter inch seam allowance.

I do suspect that part of my success was due to a good cutting mat underneath and the sharp blade I was cutting with. A dull blade or a less ideal cutting surface might lead to dragging, potentially stretching the fabric.
It is critical to remove the safety cover from the pivot point before use or the center of the circle could creep on you. (Just put it back when you are done using it to avoid poking yourself.) Also, take care in learning how to sheathe and unsheathe the blade. I inadvertantly removed the blade when I first tried to unsheathe it. (reading directions is a good thing).

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job perfectly., February 25, 2010
I used this product last night to cut 100 paper circles. I stacked 20 pages per round of cutting, and this device perfectly cut every circle, even through all of those pages. Having previously cut a few circles using scissors, and then trying an exacto knife, I can say that the Olfa Circle Cutter was both faster and produced uniformly perfect circles.

The product is well made, the cutter sharp, the position locks sturdy, and the one-way-bezeled handle spins smooth.

By the way, the pin that anchors the center of the circle is sturdy, yet makes only the smallest hole in the material you are working with. Don't worry about it ruining your material.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cutting tool!, July 6, 2009
This is one of the best tools I have ever purchased. Everyone who works with fabric and has a need to cut circles should consider investing in this Olfa Circle Cutter. The cutter is very easy to use and there is little to no hand or wrist strain. It's design is simple and easy to hold steady. The circles can be cut very quickly with perfect accuracy every time! The fabric doesn't bunch, pull or get caught during the cutting which is important because fabric can be expensive - there is very little waste with this tool. Thank you Olfa for this amazing product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job, but..., June 7, 2011

Although I am VERY careful, I managed to cut the tips of 2 fingers - the blades are sharp (that's good thing) but when trying to rotate the cutter its easy to nick yourself without realizing it.

I also was disappointed that the pin used to mark the middle - and that creates the rotation of the cutter - leaves a sizable hole in the center of the circle. I was cutting heavy card stock for fans for my daughter's wedding. The hole in the center is definitely not attractive.

If I ever need to cut gaskets or anything like that (heavier items or ones that will have the center cut out) I will use this item. Other wise, I will definitely use the more user friendly, neater Martha Stewart one.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit misleading, September 5, 2011
I assumed this product would cut through thicker materials like 1/4" foam board, but it fails to do that cleanly (see CMP-2 for better results). Should be used for: fabrics and thinner boards. The boards can be dense, but they must be thin enough for the circular blade to cut through cleanly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this item., August 17, 2010
gay denesse (New Orleans, La, USA) - See all my reviews
I wanted to make yo-yos. This product makes perfect circles, quickly and easily. I'm very glad that I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice cutter, December 8, 2010
This circle cutter works pretty well, though I've had trouble sometimes with the paper wrinkling a bit. This is certainly user error, but I'm scared to get my hand too close to the blade to hold everything in place.
The thing that keeps this from being a five-star product is the gaping hole left by the center point. I think in fabric it wouldn't be especially noticeable, but in paper and card stock, it's really quite large.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, September 13, 2010
Super fast shipping from seller -btmbestdeals3 and a fantastic tool. Couldnt wait to use it as soon as it arrived and I cut so many felt circles, I felt like a kid in a candy store! Such an easy tool to use, I dont know how I managed before. thanks so much for the great price and unbelievably fast shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made circle or ring cutter, May 2, 2011
Sam (Townsend, DE United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this OLFA rotary cutter for making ring gaskets for automotive uses. I recently had a difficult time finding some 5 inch inside diameter air cleaner ring gaskets, so I bought the OLFA rotary cutter. They call it a rotary cutter because, instead of using a fixed blade, it uses a sharp circular rotating blade, like a very small pizza cutter or a copper tubing cutter. This OLFA device is well designed, and beautifully and carefully made in Japan (and not China.) It cuts effortlessly and with precision, and surprised me favorably in every way. I was a bit irritated that they do not include an extra blade, but additional blades are readily available from Amazon or OLFA.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this tool!, December 10, 2013
This makes cutting circles quick and easy! I've used it for a year now and the blade still works well, although I've got replacement blades ready. For fabrics that stretch or are loosely woven, it helps to cut a bit, then reverse, then cut a bit, then reverse, the repeat-- until circle is complete. This helps flatten the fabric back down and get a perfect circle instead of a misshapen one.

I LOVE THIS TOOL!