Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
asked by Epsilon Delta on August 29, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
no 10x is ten times magnification of whatever you're looking at - the 20 is objective lens size.
Christine answered on September 4, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
To add to previous post objective lens is the the size of the lenses furhest from the eyes. A larger lens size. allows more light to enter binocs useful at dusk or overcast situations
Jason S. Stoyanov answered on September 7, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
10x20 means 10 times magnification with a 20mm Objective lens size.
BSJ answered on November 16, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
By the way, is the 10x magnification actually 3.3x width and 3.3x height? (making it 10x for area of an object) That's because if I see a house far away being a height of say, 1cm, then I use a binoculars that says 10x magnification and the house doesn't look like 10cm tall... at most it looks like 2cm or 3cm tall. So that's why I really wonder how the "10x" comes from.
Epsilon Delta answered on November 16, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product