BODUM 11001-565US Bistro B. Over Automatic Pour-Over Electric Coffeemaker, 1.2-Liter
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Fill the removable 40oz water tank directly from the faucet
- An easy-to-clean silicone "showerhead" prevents chalk deposits allowing for even water flow over the grounds
- The Bistro B. uses a spiral 1450 watt heating element; Combined with glass tubing instead of plastic, it maintains the perfect brewing temperature
- You never need to replace the titanium-plated, fine-meshed stainless steel filters
- The premium brew drips into a double-walled stainless steel thermo jug with Bodum's signature locking-lid to keep the coffee hot for hours
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
We replaced a Cuisinart 12 cup drip maker (do miss the two extra cups). This unit is larger than the Cuisinart, a bit of an adjustment for the counter space.
It does not have a timer or all the knobs and buttons that the Cusinart had (that we almost never used).
The Bodum uses less energy since there is no warmer and most important for us, makes better tasting coffee.
I cannot speak for how long it will last, as others mentioned, for this price you would expect a good long time. If it does fail, I hope that customer support will help resolve problems.
I tinker with stuff, so a failed solenoid I would probably attempt to fix myself, but I would not be happy if it was in the first year of ownership. We have had the Cuisinart for 4 years and a Krups for around 5 years before it (both still worked when retired).
We have had no issues with mess, leaks, overflows, or spills. It is really easy to use. We use a medium grind (probably important to not use fine grind); count to 10 in our Braun grinder.
Again, despite what someone had posted, the carafe keeps the coffee hot for more than 3 hours; at 1 hour, it is still really really hot. I will take the thermometer to it one of these day.
Regarding construction, it is basically a plastic coffee maker, so if you are expecting something heavy with metal parts, this is not it. I do wish the plastic was heavier.
It has a rather techie look, showing the hot water go through the glass pipe, visible wires soldered to the copper heater, etc. We find it appealing.
The flavor of the coffee produced is night-and-day with the Cuisinart; so smooth.Read more ›
However, there are issues with the build quality. The exterior machine itself is comprised of two plastic shells that are supposed to interlock; if they are nor aligned properly (like mine was when it arrived), the slots that hold the coffee filter will be out of alignment, and you will not be able to properly insert the filter. But this was relatively easy to fix, but still disappointing: a $275 coffee machine should be assembled properly.
So, why am I giving this only two stars? The machine failed to brew this morning 44 days of service. It would not heat the water. I concluded this was due to a solenoid failure -- which is completely unacceptable for a $275 machine that is two months old.
Bottom line: if you can afford $250 for a coffee pot, this one is worth it. Just don't leave water in it.
* This truly does change the taste of your coffee I was impressed I actually noticed the difference on my first cup.
* Coffee is hot very hot
* Carafe keeps coffee hot for a 2 hours or longer if you prime it for 10 minutes with boiling water first.
* Looks cool when brewing as the water climbs the pipe
* The reservoir removes so you can pour fresh water directly rather than using coffee pot to fill.
* Easy to clean all parts that touch your coffee and water
* Brews hot coffee very fast (about 6 minutes) which makes up for the small 10 cup brew size
* Terrible quality construction
* Feels cheap to the touch
* The top cover is always flopping around and never stays locked in place.
* Beneath the top cover the housing itself is warped making a large gap in the assembly
* The shower head sometimes sprays water at a high pressure scattering the grinds into impossible to clean areas
* Speaking of impossible to clean areas if your filter ever gets clogged (guest accidentally used espresso grind) or you spill a little coffee on the base it works its way into the seams and permanently (unless you disassemble) stains the inside. 1 good clog and that nice see through plastic becomes not so pretty...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Like several other reviewers', my Bodum pour-over suddenly died after 2 years. Disappointing for a $100 coffee maker!Published 1 month ago by R. Milin
I would not recommend this coffee maker. Mine went out after one year. This is a very common problem with this coffee maker. I wish I had read the reviews before I purchased mine. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Kindle Customer
Both of mine broke within a year. Bodum will not honor that language in the booklet regarding warranties. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Gregg
This has got to be my all-time favorite coffee maker! Nice and hot coffee; love the metal filter! It did stop working soon after and I was going to return, but by working with the... Read morePublished 3 months ago by LisaV
We received this machine as a wedding gift. It would have been outside of a price range we would have considered otherwise, but some lovely friends pooled resources and made our... Read morePublished 5 months ago by J. Mizzi
I hate it because for one year it made the best coffee ever of all makers we ever owned (including an old percolator... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Anthony Hedayat
BODUM PRODUCED A DUD WITH THIS COFFEE MAKER - WARNING! DO NOT BUY BODUM PRODUCTS - BAD FOLLOW UP SERVICE
Ordered this directly from Bodum, 1st unit made great coffee for... Read more
The coffee ground holder handle broke off and it was NOT abused in any way or fashion. I called Bodum to inquire about a new one and they told me they did not have any. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Cliff Johnson
This product stopped working after 2 months. When I contacted Bodum for a refund they told me they could not provide one since I bought this item through a third party. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Steph
See the Top Rated coffee makers in our Coffee Maker Reviews.