Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 110V-220v AC Adapter Power Supply for Nintendo Wii
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 3, 2011
This is a nice light weight step down adapter for Wii. Works fine in India. Used this for a long time and no issues so far.
on December 24, 2010
Cheap, simple, and a life-saver! Great purchase for those of us that don't want to use a bulky transformer to play our US-purchased Wii in Europe.
on November 28, 2011
This has allowed me to use my Wii in Europe without hooking it up to a transformer. Why on earth the original power supply doesn't support 110/220 is a mystery to me. But this has worked well thus far.
on June 10, 2012
after my (adorable, albeit stupid) puppy chewed my original nintendo power chord, i needed a cheap alternative. I ordered this chord online for only a few dollars plus shipping. In my opinion, this chord might actually FEEL better than the nintendo version. Buying the chord for only a few bucks, i figured the wires would be thin or cheap feeling...but they actually have a nice matte feel to them. very flexible right out of the box. the chord also LOOKS exactly like the nintendo version, without the small nintendo branding on it.

aside from the way the thing looks/feels, its performance is top notch, considering its just a plug. in my experience my wii has never randomly turned off. the brick itself never got too hot. perfect performance from what ive observed.

BUY IT.
on January 30, 2012
This adapter works on European/foreign currents perfectly. If you buy a Wii in the states, the power supply that comes with it will not work on foreign currents. It will burn out or worse case will fry the console. Purchase this before you go so you don't have to replace it later. Also the price it much better on Amazon than on the Nintendo site.
on March 2, 2013
I bought this for my overseas deployment. After using the product for a few months I was sitting in my hooch when I smelled smoke. The unit had caught on fire internally. The WII was not on at the time. Had I not been in the room it is possible that it would have burnt down the entire unit. BEWARE!!!
on November 23, 2013
I live in Germany and I needed a dual-voltage power supply for my U.S-purchased Wii. So, I ordered this power supply. Since this power supply has a standard U.S. style plug, I had to use a simple adapter plug to be able to plug it into the European-style wall outlet. No problems with all that. However, once I plugged the power supply into the wall and connected it to the Wii and powered it on, the power supply started making a high-pitched noise/hum. I was not comfortable using the power supply because of that noise. Additionally, the power supply must not have much inside of it, because it only weighs about 1/3 as much as the original Wii power supply. Makes me wonder if it's really doing what it's supposed to do and why it's so much lighter than the original Wii power supply.

As a side note, a friend purchased a power supply just like mine (same box and everything) from a local vendor and the only difference was that the plug was European-style already (so no adapter required). They are using it with their Wii and it does not make the high-pitched noise. I must have purchased a faulty power supply. Even so, I would be cautious about purchasing this particular power supply. I
on July 20, 2014
Works on 220V for the Wii I purchased it for. Don't have any issues with the power adapter. Though when I use it in an American outlet you can see a quick spark while you're plugging it in. Don't be alarmed, that's normal. I could explain the technical stuff but it will get boring. But if you're in America I would recommend the original Nintendo adapter for the children.
on April 21, 2013
I got this thing and hooked it up to my Wii. I am overseas and I had been using a transformer with no issues. I bought this thing because I don't want to use a transformer. As soon as I turned on the Wii, the video looked like garbage. Lines and junk like that, and the video looked low Res. As soon as I switch back to the OEM power supply, everything went back to normal and looked great. This thing is garbage that screws up the video signal.
On the plus side, it was so cheap that it is not worth returning. Although I could have just printed out a picture of it, it would have been even cheaper and only worked slightly less.
on February 5, 2015
My wii's cord / power supply ended up breaking and so I had to order a replacement. I have chosen a 110-220v and I am truly satisfied with the quality of this cord. I wouldn't even think that adapter wasn't the original that came with the wii.