Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 12-12-12 The Concert for Sandy Relief
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 15, 2013
I wanted to point out that the decision to make this an incomplete document of the Sandy concert was already made before the concert itself took place:

From the NY Daily News on December 11, 2012: "Tickets sales from the Sandy concert alone have already raised $35 million. More money will be contributed by sales of a 24-track live CD from the event, to be released by Columbia Records. Tracks are available for pre-order on iTunes at itunes.com/121212."

It figures that once the suits got involved questionable decisions were made. Perhaps this was an unintentional poor decision on the part of Sony/Columbia and the concert organizers, but I'd prefer not to buy an abridged version of the concert today only to find that a complete "deluxe" DVD or CD box set is released in the near future. (If a full concert CD/DVD set is released I will buy it immediately.)

In the meantime it is certainly appropriate to contribute directly to the Robin Hood Foundation and other Sandy relief efforts, but I have a hard time lining Sony/Columbia's pockets even indirectly with this poorly thought out release.
66 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
I would have gladly paid more for the whole show... it's partial and feels incomplete. At least they left off Kanye's "contribution."
44 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
Was really hoping that some of the gems left off the iTunes version would be here, but it must be the same release.
So no (almost) Nirvana, no My City in Ruins, no Born to Run or Livin' on a Prayer. I'm sad. It's a great album, but could have been truly awesome!
77 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2012
Seriously?! They left off the main reason for buying it: the unique and historic things that happened during this concert, like Bruce and Bon Jovi singing Born to Run and Who Says You Can't Go Home together. Unbelievable. Will not buy.
99 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2013
I like the new Auto Rip feature, but....

My CD showed up in the mail yesterday and I was listening to it in my car. I really enjoyed it, despite the stuff missing from the televised concert such as the Springsteen/Bon Jovi and McCartney/Nirvana collaborations. I came home and was going to rip it to iTunes, but noticed that it was an "Auto Rip" CD, and that I should have a digital copy of the CD in my Amazon Cloud Player. Well, almost.

As I prepared to download to iTunes, I noticed that the CD has 24 tracks, but the Auto Rip version only has 17 songs. "Another Brick in the Wall, Pts. I, II, & III" is missing, as is the Sandler/Shaffer "Hallelujah." All of the Chris Martin songs are missing. "Got to Get Better" by Clapton is missing, as is "Movin' Out," by Billy Joel.

I'm sure there are some sort of licensing issues at play, but Amazon, if you're not going to make the entire CD available on Auto Rip, what's the point of the service?

I'd give the CD four stars, docked one star for the music missing from the actual concert. (I should really give it six stars, however, since they left Kanye off!) The Auto Rip feature gets two stars for a neat feature, poorly implemented here.
on January 10, 2013
Pros:

1) No Kanye
2) Who Are You is uncensored
3) Roger Waters & Eddie Vedder
4) Proceeds go to charity

Cons:

1) Not the complete show
2) One could argue the song selection
3) No Nirvana reunion, probably because it will be released on Sound City - Real to Reel

Overall:

Good music for a good cause. Buy it now.
on December 20, 2012
This recording is missing some of the best songs of the night. No Tea and Theater by the Who, no Nirvana with Paul McCartney, etc. The CD is missing 1/2 the songs from what was a wonderful concert for a good cause. Shame. I will send a direct donation instead.
55 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 25, 2014
Overall, the CD is excellent. The sound is great!. There are a few artists I would have asked to stay home - one in particular, but you know their heart was in the right place in wanting to participate.
on February 24, 2013
As I live on the Jersey Shore, and my town took a direct hit from Sandy, watching this concert and seeing all the great performances for our benefit gave me chills. Just wish I could have gotten tickets! Loved "Comfortably Numb", thought it was the best. Clapton comes in at a tight second, tho...such a quitar God, he is.. Even Billy Joel's performance was really good, and I am not a fan of his at all, not since "Streetlife Serenade", anyhow.
Great cd, I recommend it highly
on February 19, 2013
After the pain of seeing the devastation this hurracane caused having lived through it,out come all this incredible artists to show that at least, outside the halls of congress,there are people who love humanity.I BOW DOWN TO THEM!!!Thank you for being HUMAN(unlike republicans in Washington)and CARING for our STATES!!! FABULOUS CONCERT!! not a single moment that was boring!!!